OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Heads up on a new forum feature. We can now put in thread marks for quick reference points in threads.

The ability to add thread markers is available to anyone who starts the thread in question.

If you want to add a thread mark in a thread you started, at the bottom of all the posts in said thread you will see a "Threamark" link. Just click on it, and name the marker how you want.

This allows others to click on the "Index" link at the top of the page and see the various thread markers to jump to specific events in a thread.

Example, I just added a few thread marks in GDT: - G36 - MIN @ ARZ - Show Us Your Johnson - 8:30PM Central - FSN

Could be helpful in longer threads to jump to certain items that can otherwise get buried. In a game thread, could be helpful for pointing out specific events in the game etc.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Heads up on a new forum feature. We can now put in thread marks for quick reference points in threads.

The ability to add thread markers is available to anyone who starts the thread in question.

If you want to add a thread mark in a thread you started, at the bottom of all the posts in said thread you will see a "Threamark" link. Just click on it, and name the marker how you want.

This allows others to click on the "Index" link at the top of the page and see the various thread markers to jump to specific events in a thread.

Example, I just added a few thread marks in GDT: - G36 - MIN @ ARZ - Show Us Your Johnson - 8:30PM Central - FSN

Could be helpful in longer threads to jump to certain items that can otherwise get buried. In a game thread, could be helpful for pointing out specific events in the game etc.
It seems cool, but how do I find your thread marks easily in that thread for example? I see that if I find a post with one, I can click the "Index" link or whatever it was to find the rest, but what if they are all buried 10 pages back?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It seems cool, but how do I find your thread marks easily in that thread for example?
At the top of the page (and the bottom) below the page number links, you can see a small link that says "Index". Click that link, and you will see a list of thread marks that will jump you to those makers if you click on them.

Seen here...
Thread Mark.jpg

Thread Mark2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wild11MN

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Another one of those "best HF threads" posts popped up recently, as they tend to about once a year. Even though I've seen pretty much all of these several times, they're still hilarious. It's too bad most only have partial archives after the forum purge a while back.

Some highlights are the one-man GDT (obviously), turkey girl, ESPN knows hockey, etc. All of the playoff photoshop threads are pure gold, though they have declined in quality the past few years after MIG left.

This post links to some great ones.
Hfboards Hall of fame of best threads

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
At the top of the page (and the bottom) below the page number links, you can see a small link that says "Index". Click that link, and you will see a list of thread marks that will jump you to those makers if you click on them.

Seen here...
View attachment 295471
View attachment 295481
FYI everyone, when a thread is live, the "Index" link will not show. Thus for GDT's we'll have to threadmark the OP so they can be easily accessible.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
When I got home from work at 4am Saturday morning, the cable snapped on the right side of my garage door. The door went severely out of alignment, bent a lower track, and my ensuing effort to get the door as closed as possible by hand (didn't want the door wide open for the next 48hrs), completely toasted one of the lower rollers.

The fact that I work 12hr shifts, the last thing I had was time Saturday to get it fixed... needed sleep for one last night of work after all... then of course yesterday was a big sports day for Minnesota. I was going to the Wild game, but also didn't want to miss the Vikes, so I had to leave early yesterday to get to Tom Reid's to watch the Vikes (total party there during the game!).

I didn't get home until 11pm... obviously that meant waiting until this morning to try to get someone in to fix the door. Called up The Garage Doors Guys this morning... they literally had someone here in under an hour, and 1 hour more and the work was done!

Amazing and quick service!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I had a problem a few years ago with my garage door, which refuses to open/shut when the temps are well into the negatives. I screwed something up trying to shut it manually, and I think that's who I called to get it fixed the next morning.

One of those things you don't want to try to fix on your own, especially in freezing temps.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I had a problem a few years ago with my garage door, which refuses to open/shut when the temps are well into the negatives. I screwed something up trying to shut it manually, and I think that's who I called to get it fixed the next morning.

One of those things you don't want to try to fix on your own, especially in freezing temps.
Especially with the amount of tension the cables and springs have. Dangerous to try to DIY.

Reactions: Wild11MN

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
When I got home from work at 4am Saturday morning, the cable snapped on the right side of my garage door. The door went severely out of alignment, bent a lower track, and my ensuing effort to get the door as closed as possible by hand (didn't want the door wide open for the next 48hrs), completely toasted one of the lower rollers.

The fact that I work 12hr shifts, the last thing I had was time Saturday to get it fixed... needed sleep for one last night of work after all... then of course yesterday was a big sports day for Minnesota. I was going to the Wild game, but also didn't want to miss the Vikes, so I had to leave early yesterday to get to Tom Reid's to watch the Vikes (total party there during the game!).

I didn't get home until 11pm... obviously that meant waiting until this morning to try to get someone in to fix the door. Called up The Garage Doors Guys this morning... they literally had someone here in under an hour, and 1 hour more and the work was done!

Amazing and quick service!
That first sentence is something you'd see in a Final Destination movie.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Anyone else aware of the Chick-fil-A deal with Wild home games right now? I don't know how long ago it started, but if the Wild play a home game, on the day of the game, you can log into the app with location turned on (if you're in the MSP area), and you get a free chicken sandwich just like that. They don't have to win or anything, just play a home game. I've gotten like 6 of these things in the past couple of weeks. :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That first sentence is something you'd see in a Final Destination movie.
Only after the door is done moving and the person is out of their car and for some reason dropped something that caused them to need to walk to the corner next to the closed door... where the cable is rolled out to full extension, then snapping causing it to whip out and slice through the person.

Either that, or if the person is parking a convertible with the top down, the door crashes down onto the driver.

But... could be. ;)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Only after the door is done moving and the person is out of their car and for some reason dropped something that caused them to need to walk to the corner next to the closed door... where the cable is rolled out to full extension, then snapping causing it to whip out and slice through the person.

Either that, or if the person is parking a convertible with the top down, the door crashes down onto the driver.

But... could be. ;)

Naw it's a horror genre of movie. So it would be 2 teens getting busy in the back seat with the car not fully in the garage... Then the cable snaps and slices one of them and the door falls on the other. :nod:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Anyone else aware of the Chick-fil-A deal with Wild home games right now? I don't know how long ago it started, but if the Wild play a home game, on the day of the game, you can log into the app with location turned on (if you're in the MSP area), and you get a free chicken sandwich just like that. They don't have to win or anything, just play a home game. I've gotten like 6 of these things in the past couple of weeks. :laugh:
Downloading now...

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So, I downloaded the app and I should be getting the reward now, right? Location services are on and the Wild are playing at home right now. I’m in the South suburbs too (Rosemount). No reward so far.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So, I downloaded the app and I should be getting the reward now, right? Location services are on and the Wild are playing at home right now. I’m in the South suburbs too (Rosemount). No reward so far.
I just tried as well and didn't get anything yet. I'd try again in a few hours. It's possible they stopped it otherwise, but I'd be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad