OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Ya'll, Barry is quite possibly the best show on TV right now. Catching up on this season, "Ronny/Lily" was incredible.

Love, Barry. It is phenomenal.

And if you haven't started watching HBO's mini-series, Chernobyl, you are wrong. It is unbelievably good. It's already at the top of IMDB's review ranking as the #1 ranked show ever.

Reactions: W75

Wabit

May 23, 2016

And if you haven't started watching HBO's mini-series, Chernobyl, you are wrong. It is unbelievably good. It's already at the top of IMDB's review ranking as the #1 ranked show ever.

I haven't turned my tv on in 2 weeks. :dunno:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
My new favorite map of the solar system... this image maps the orbits of over 18,000 objects in the solar system!

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzEwNi8xNTYvb3JpZ2luYWwvbHV0ei1zb2xhci1zeXN0ZW0tbWFwLmpwZw==

Reactions: BigT2002

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Watched 3 episodes. Couldn't get passed the supposed Russians speaking in British accents.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Watched 3 episodes. Couldn't get passed the supposed Russians speaking in British accents.

Not all of them. Ignatov, for example, was Belorussian. Also, Chernobyl is in Ukraine.

As for the language choice... I've liked it. Makes it feel more 'at home', and forces a different perspective when the characters don't feel so foreign. Granted, English is still a foreign language for me, but I'm used to hearing it much more than Russian (before CS:GO anyway). I'd think that sensation would be even stronger for native speakers. If anything, everyone speaking in a fake Russian accent would've been gratuitous. But, well, matter of opinion I guess.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Ads that continually load and jump the page so they get accidentally clicked on, more ads floating over those ads, and now sometimes the floating ad must be clicking the ad beneath it because doing nothing eventually moves me off HF and onto some complete garbage page. I've been replaced, and not even to find out what 10 Things You Have To Know About Your Dog's Online Degree.

Reactions: Wild11MN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I just being a sponsor, and the adds are removed. It's pretty cheap. It's too bad, and not very smart, that they make the site near unusable on occasion by using certain add layouts. The last thing you want is people getting PO'ed and leaving.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Great to hear!

Loon was near Exuma as the storm approached, so Clarke steered the boat to Nassau to find safe harbor until the storm had passed.

But instead of waiting out the hurricane and then heading to Florida, he and the crew decided to pick up a half dozen former Special Forces soldiers, as well as doctors, first responders and more than 10 tons of supplies and sail 10 hours north to the island of Abaco.

Loon was the first boat into Marsh Harbour on the island after the Hurricane, arriving even before much larger rescue and supply ships from the United States. t's there where their worst nightmares were realized.
"As soon as the hurricane was going through Abaco, our captain, who is just a super person, said they would go and be an emergency boat."

In a matter of hours, the vessel was transformed.

"It's just so wonderful ... Mr. L, he didn't hesitate when I asked him [if we could use The Loon as a rescue boat]. I didn't even have to explain to him that it was going to cost this much money," Clarke said. "We're burning fuel by the hour out here ... and he didn't even think about it. It's such a great thing."

Last edited:
Reactions: Lapa

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pitter Patter.

For a show that is intensely regional, it sure seems to have wide appeal.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
My parents and all their folks going back generations are from a town just north of Listowel(Letterkenny). They are literally, Degens from Up Country.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It never ceases to amaze me how with every window in the house closed, a wasp somehow gets into the house. The tiny holes they squeeze into and crawl through to get in, only to not be able to get out is astounding.

Also, mighty coincidental to have it happen since I was just mentioning wasps here on the board to recently, to see one sneak in now!

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Ladies and gents, ice fishing is finally around the corner. I can get a pretty decent vet discount with clam.... Looking to upgrade my portable from an uninsulated 2 man frabill to an insulated 2 man Clam.... Anyone have any history with the clam nanook or clam Yukon (both of the thermal variety)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad