OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I don't remember the last time I've even turned on ESPN outside of watching MNF.
Same, and even MNF is unwatchable these days, especially with last year's crew. I basically only turn it on for college basketball.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I don't remember the last time I've even turned on ESPN outside of watching MNF.
I would be the same way, but since ESPN took over the rights to broadcast Formula 1 in the United States, I've been watching ESPN for that. It's commercial free coverage during the races too, which is really nice.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Actually, yeah, I always thought the baseball coverage on ESPN was excellent. I didn't even know Baseball Tonight was gone. That sucks.
I only know it got cancelled because Adnan Virk leaked the info (even got fired for it) early. Their purges of late when it comes to their talent has hurt them more than they realize.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I only know it got cancelled because Adnan Virk leaked the info (even got fired for it) early. Their purges of late when it comes to their talent has hurt them more than they realize.
Yeah I heard the whole story about Virk. The talent losses are killing them, for sure.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
This Smartfeed thing at the bottom of the page is awful. It drops the link back to the board below the feed, so you have to scroll down a lot farther. It's significantly more cumbersome on mobile too, as it keeps loading more as you keep scrolling down.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
This Smartfeed thing at the bottom of the page is awful. It drops the link back to the board below the feed, so you have to scroll down a lot farther. It's significantly more cumbersome on mobile too, as it keeps loading more as you keep scrolling down.
It's annoying as hell

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Been getting waaaaay too many spam calls on my work cell phone. Downloaded the Robokiller app ($25/yr). This thing is legendary lol. Allows you to do funny answers to the calls so you can troll them. Got one earlier today that was on the phone for over 2 minutes before he finally hung up swearing at the bot lol

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I hate how this board is ran. Some posters get away with too mich, while others are hammered hard for similar comments. It's frustrating.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well I got tickets to a Thursday showing of the new Avengers movie. I'm glad I only have a passing interest in the movie. I can use the restroom and get refills without feeling bad. :popcorn:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Well I got tickets to a Thursday showing of the new Avengers movie. I'm glad I only have a passing interest in the movie. I can use the restroom and get refills without feeling bad. :popcorn:

Waiting till next Tuesday when the movie theater will be dead in the afternoon. I went to the other one on opening night and wanted to murder everyone

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Waiting till next Tuesday when the movie theater will be dead in the afternoon. I went to the other one on opening night and wanted to murder everyone

That would be my choice too. But the wife would miserable trying to avoid seeing any spoilers; and when the wife is miserable, I'm miserable.

Reactions: BigT2002

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
It's annoying as hell

I'm starting to get pop up notifications to turn off the Adblocker. You see, I wouldn't "mind" letting that happen if there were not currently 41 ads being blocked by said AdBlocker. Not to mention the security risk that is inherently involved but allowing pop-ups from your browser.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I'm starting to get pop up notifications to turn off the Adblocker. You see, I wouldn't "mind" letting that happen if there were not currently 41 ads being blocked by said AdBlocker. Not to mention the security risk that is inherently involved but allowing pop-ups from your browser.
At least it allows you to bypass the message. Every time I go to a website that says "Please turn off your adblocker", but doesn't allow me to continue to access the site regardless, that's an instant pass from me.

Reactions: BigT2002

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
The site is giving me nightmares again. So goddamn laggy with these new ads everywhere. I've even blocked them and they still slow my browser down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad