OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
For all you Minnesota/Minneapolis people, I have found the best pizza in the metro. Feel free to verify for yourself.

B06-BDD5-A-FFE0-42-CE-A333-14499183-D01-C.jpg

Small Argentinian place in south Minneapolis called Boludo. Crazy good empanadas as well.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
For all you Minnesota/Minneapolis people, I have found the best pizza in the metro. Feel free to verify for yourself.

B06-BDD5-A-FFE0-42-CE-A333-14499183-D01-C.jpg

Small Argentinian place in south Minneapolis called Boludo. Crazy good empanadas as well.
Wow... I'm hungry now. That looks fantastic.

Reactions: SupremeNachos

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The Black Mamba.......might be the best nickname in all of sports. RIP

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Transcends sports, RIP to Kobe Bryant. Hoping and praying the report his daughter was on board is false. Just gut wrenching.
Unfortunately, his 13 yro daughter was also on the helicopter.

Officials say nine people died in helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant

Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna, were on board when the helicopter crashed. They were joined by another teammate of Gianna’s and a parent en route to a travel basketball game, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported. The Orange County Register reported that Orange Coast college baseball coach John Altobelli also died in the crash. John’s brother, Tony, told CNN that John’s wife and one of their two daughters were also killed in the crash.

It is not clear who the other two people on board the helicopter were, and Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva declined to identify anyone involved in the crash

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Don't know if any of you are WH40K fans, but they just dropped the trailer for Angels of Death. Richard Dolan is the same guy who made Helsreach on Youtube and it looks a lot like that. Some fans are upset that the quality isn't better, but knowing how stingy GW can be anything like this is a plus for me.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Interesting fact. Today's date is a palindrome that hasn't happened in over 900 years. No matter the region around the globe, it reads the same. A similar such thing won't happen for another 101 years, then not again for 900 more years.

02/02/2020

Last one was
11/11/1111

Next one is
12/12/2121

Then way out there...
03/03/3030

Last edited:

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
As much as I like this warm spell we're having, there are so many f***ing potholes exposed. It doesn't matter if I'm in the boonies, richy rich, or downtown it seems you can't drive more than 15ft without seeing one big enough to swallow a tire.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I still haven't finished Jack Ryan S2. I'm not a big tv show person anymore, so the show has to have something(s) that really interest me. Plus I still need to watch The Witcher and start The Expanse.
I recommend The Expanse above all else! Put that one first on your list!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
YouTube TV is dropping regional Fox Sports stations on Saturday after not being able to reach an agreement with them. ****. Guess I am either switching or just using internet skillz for the time being.

Are there any full NHL packages that don't black out local games?

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
YouTube TV is dropping regional Fox Sports stations on Saturday after not being able to reach an agreement with them. ****. Guess I am either switching or just using internet skillz for the time being.

Are there any full NHL packages that don't black out local games?

Really annoyed to hear this as well. Luckily in terms of the Wild I have a really reliable source to watch all NHL games for free.

I still use YTTV to watch Better Call Saul and Formula 1. F1 has their own streaming service that would be a magnitude cheaper than staying subbed to Youtube TV, but it's my only place to watch Better Call Saul at the moment (AMC's website requires you to have an existing cable subscription).

Amazing in the year 2020 that it's still this hard to be a cord cutter.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Really annoyed to hear this as well. Luckily in terms of the Wild I have a really reliable source to watch all NHL games for free.

I still use YTTV to watch Better Call Saul and Formula 1. F1 has their own streaming service that would be a magnitude cheaper than staying subbed to Youtube TV, but it's my only place to watch Better Call Saul at the moment (AMC's website requires you to have an existing cable subscription).

Amazing in the year 2020 that it's still this hard to be a cord cutter.
Anyone who thought ditching cable would be cheaper is an idiot. Instead of having everything packaged together, you will need 4 different streaming subscriptions to still watch what you want.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Anyone who thought ditching cable would be cheaper is an idiot. Instead of having everything packaged together, you will need 4 different streaming subscriptions to still watch what you want.
Not really. It was absolutely cheaper for about 3 years. Then consider that you don't have to deal with awful customer service, locked-in contracts, and can easily stream on practically any device, and it's an easy decision for me.

But if you're talking about the people that do like HBO, Disney+, Netflix and Hulu all at once, I won't disagree with that. I just had the one service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad