OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sorry to hear that Talon.

As for Trebek, I grew up listening to this. Was never a big Jeopardy guy, but every time I saw it in passing the host seemed oddly familiar. It took me years to put two and two together.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Sorry about your cat Talon. (I'm just catching up on the boards from the last week)

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
i did on monday... right down the stairs
Was rolling my garbage down my slanted driveway and slid down on my ass for the final 20'. It looked liked it was just wet, but was really a thin sheet of ice with a touch of melt on top. The worst! Only thing that would help there would be crampons.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Was rolling my garbage down my slanted driveway and slid down on my ass for the final 20'. It looked liked it was just wet, but was really a thin sheet of ice with a touch of melt on top. The worst! Only thing that would help there would be crampons.
yeah there was no saving me, my dogs love to pull when on the leash when it comes to just going out the door. yikes

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm sorry to hear about your cat, Talon. I've grown so attached to my Tabitha ever since I found her the day before thanksgiving that if something happened to her it would wreck me.

Just look at her
JRlGUQJ.jpg

Isnt she so cute? We had her spayed and chipped just last month.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Punk'in was 13 yrso, so she wasn't a young cat. Pretty sure she had a stroke by how she went that morning. Started with weakness in her hind legs and loss of balance, then confusion, then she seemed to go into full on paralysis and eventually passed. All I could do was make her comfortable. It was so quick... it was all in about a 2hr time span.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
talon that's a bummer, sorry man. want mine? j/k shes 15 and wakes me up in the middle of the night meowing like a fire alarm! i think i need to look into pet meds.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Anyone else her into cigars? I got into em a few years back and enjoy a good cigar every now and then.

I bring a box or two of Cubans back home every few weeks and I think my favorite is the Montecristo Open Master. Expensive but man are they good.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone else her into cigars? I got into em a few years back and enjoy a good cigar every now and then.

I bring a box or two of Cubans back home every few weeks and I think my favorite is the Montecristo Open Master. Expensive but man are they good.
Quit smoking many, many years ago, but used to enjoy going into the Davidoff cigar store in Toronto and treating myself to a pricey stick.

The difference between a really good cigar and a meh one is palpable. So much smoother.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone else got water in their usually dry basement?

Wonder how the folks in Fargo and North Dakota are making out. That is serious flood country.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Wonder how the folks in Fargo and North Dakota are making out. That is serious flood country.

So far, so good. Took 5 pales of water to get my sump pump to turn on -- but it turned on. Had a little pucker up moment in that regard lol

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota

I got a tiny bit of leakage. My sump pump is working and the tank is no where close to being full so I think it's just all the rain and melting. At least we're not in Nebraska right now.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Quit smoking many, many years ago, but used to enjoy going into the Davidoff cigar store in Toronto and treating myself to a pricey stick.

The difference between a really good cigar and a meh one is palpable. So much smoother.

It's not even comparable. I have a few Davidoffs in the humidor here right now, along with a box of Partagas E. 4

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I got a tiny bit of leakage. My sump pump is working and the tank is no where close to being full so I think it's just all the rain and melting. At least we're not in Nebraska right now.

Hell, Sioux Falls. Family members have told me they've been flooded for a few days. No where for the rain to go they got.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's not even comparable. I have a few Davidoffs in the humidor here right now, along with a box of Partagas E. 4
Fine cigars or Pipes(i.e. Meerschaum) are just some of the finer things in life that I run screaming in fear from.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I picked up a tin of Don Carbone small cigars when I was in Fla. They aren't a top end but they are nice and mellow and pair really well with my rabbit hole whiskey. :DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad