OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I might be in Florida during the TB/FLA road trip this year. Has anyone done both of these games?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I might be in Florida during the TB/FLA road trip this year. Has anyone done both of these games?
Negative. At least I can tell you that you won't have trouble getting tickets for the Florida game. :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Negative. At least I can tell you that you won't have trouble getting tickets for the Florida game. :laugh:

I was looking at them. The Panthers game will only be about an hour away from where I'll be staying. TB is a ~4 hr drive (8 hr round trip) and tix are expensive.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I've been to a couple Lightning games in Tampa cause I have family there. Not Wild games, but one of them was Game 2 of the SCF 2015. The arena there is very nice, and the area surrounding it is a very nice experience. 10/10, would recommend.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Don't know if it's the website or on my end but the last few days MalwareBytes has been going crazy when I browse here.

Also for the love of staying alive please turn on your f***ing headlights when you're out driving in storms.

Last edited:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Don't know if it's the website or on my end but the last few days MalwareBytes has been going crazy when I browse here.

Also for the love of staying alive please turn on your ****ing headlights when you're out driving in storms.

I'm not showing anything malicious with my website scanners. The only thing that this site is high on though is Adware. Holy crap...

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The wife's stepdad just passed away so were headed to FLA to do not fun/happy family things. I barely knew the man, but I've been told he was big on adventures and experiences. So, I had this nice road trip all planned out from Mar 3rd-10th:
-3rd: go to the Cities for the day and catch the NSH game. Drive back home catch a few zzz's.
-4th: drive to Nashville and get a hotel for the night.
-5th: spend the day in NSH and go to the game that night. Drive to FLA after the game.
-6th: get to the hotel in FLA.
-7th: Go to the Wild game in TB.
-8th: Go to the Wild game in FLA. My sis-in-law is friends with their PA announcer so we're getting a tour of the arena from him.
-9th: stop in Orlando and see my sister (works at Disney) and maybe hit a theme park.
-10th: long drive home.

Now with the Wild playing depressing hockey this plan is going up in smoke. So now I'm looking at Plan B: Skip all the hockey games (except the FLA game) and go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras on the 5th.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I would still want to go to the games if I'd never been to those arenas before. Otherwise, it depends...

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I would still want to go to the games if I'd never been to those arenas before. Otherwise, it depends...

That's where I'm torn. I want to see the stadiums as much as the games, but watching the Wild lay a bunch of eggs isn't really a great memory to have for the girls. There will be enough sad on this trip for them.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Be sure to check your wheelwells on your vehicles guys. My car got the shakes the other day and thankfully it was only from ice/snow that got stuck around the inner wheel. It will always save you or a friend/family a tidy bit of cash if that is the case.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well this puts a kink in my roadtrip game plans. I asked the wife and kid to name their 4 favorite players on the Wild.
Wife (who's a Vegas fan): Suter, Dumba, Nino, Granny, Stewie
Kid (doesn't watch the games on tv): Dumba, Granny, Pommer, Dubnyk.

o_O:facepalm:

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Well this puts a kink in my roadtrip game plans. I asked the wife and kid to name their 4 favorite players on the Wild.
Wife (who's a Vegas fan): Suter, Dumba, Nino, Granny, Stewie
Kid (doesn't watch the games on tv): Dumba, Granny, Pommer, Dubnyk.

o_O:facepalm:
As if you can still return them. Some places will let you do that as long as you have the original receipt.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
As if you can still return them. Some places will let you do that as long as you have the original receipt.

I have the receipt for the Vegas wedding (wife), and the receipt for the adoption (kid). I've since found out both of those purchases have a no-return/trade policy. :oops: :laugh:

I hadn't bought the game tickets yet. I was waiting until after the TDL to see who was still on the team before finalizing any plans. Tonight I got outvoted 2-1, and we're going to the house of mouse for a instead of hockey games (I still get the Panthers game).

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Had a few days off here, so I've been watching Bond movies while my wife is at work. I haven't watched OHMSS in a long while and I forgot how wild/strange that movie is for a Bond flick.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
That feeling when you have a 3 day weekend with fun stuff planned and wake up on day 1 with a fever and terrible cough.

God f***ing damnit!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I just bought my tickets to the FLA game: 6 tickets club level tickets (section next to the tv camera) for a total $380. I checked out season ticket prices and I couldn't believe how cheep they are compared to what I paid a couple of years ago for the Wild.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I just bought my tickets to the FLA game: 6 tickets club level tickets (section next to the tv camera) for a total $380. I checked out season ticket prices and I couldn't believe how cheep they are compared to what I paid a couple of years ago for the Wild.

2 tickets, Club Level next year cost me $10,223 w/o tax. Tickets went up $2 from last year. Credit Card is going to love me in about 3 weeks lol.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Very sorry to hear that Talon, it's always an extremely tough time when something like that happens.

Also very sad about hearing Alex Trebek announce he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer...really hoping he can find a way to fight that shitty disease off. That news ended up hitting me harder than I thought it would...I record every episode of Jeopardy and he's just a figure that's been there for at least 20 years of my life. Good luck Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad