OT: General OT Thread #39: Intel Popcorn Processor 39000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
What the hell, man.. Reality is sinking in that many of our rock and roll heroes will be parting ways with us over the next decade. So many legendary 60s and 70s artists that are getting up there..

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Welp, got the news that I am going to be the father to a baby girl come July.

As soon as we got the news, we were out and about shopping anyways and I nabbed some Wild onesies for a girl. 6 out of 7 days a week she can be rocking Wild spirit, lol.

Grats, man! Kids are a crazy, crazy trip.

What the hell, man.. Reality is sinking in that many of our rock and roll heroes will be parting ways with us over the next decade. So many legendary 60s and 70s artists that are getting up there..

I had this realization a couple days ago, too. Thinking about how many of my childhood heroes (actors, musicians, whatever) are now well into their 60s and up is super depressing.

Just means we have to enjoy what we're left with when they're gone. Many of them have massive bodies of work that will hold up forever.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Welp, got the news that I am going to be the father to a baby girl come July.

As soon as we got the news, we were out and about shopping anyways and I nabbed some Wild onesies for a girl. 6 out of 7 days a week she can be rocking Wild spirit, lol.

Congrats man!

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Eh, maybe it's just because I just finished reading Killing Yourself to Live (Chuck Klosterman's book that's about rock stars' deaths, at least on the surface) a couple days ago, but I'm not super fazed by the whole thing. Obviously it's sad to lose some of these guys, but truth be told I don't think more rockers are dying now than in the past. That's just what rock stars do! Look at the 27 club for goodness' sake.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Eh, maybe it's just because I just finished reading Killing Yourself to Live (Chuck Klosterman's book that's about rock stars' deaths, at least on the surface) a couple days ago, but I'm not super fazed by the whole thing. Obviously it's sad to lose some of these guys, but truth be told I don't think more rockers are dying now than in the past. That's just what rock stars do! Look at the 27 club for goodness' sake.

Sure, but now the rockstars or actors that die are "our" rockstars or actors.

It's now getting to the point where when someone famous dies, they are closer to "our" generation. Obviously we're not all a part of the same generation, but it's safe to say most of us grew up listening to Bowie, or Motorhead, or the Eagles, or watched films with Alan Rickman in them.

It's hard to conceptualize the death of a famous person who we didn't grow up with. Did it phase me in the least when Andy Rooney died? No, because he was well before my time. Was I phased when Lemmy died? Hell yes I was, I grew up listening to Motorhead.

It's just an issue of perspective.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
thanks everyone!

yeah, college fund........masters fund........doctoral fund.........just gonna put a dollar a week into a savings account for her the day she is born, or something like that, lol

And then once you have a sizeable fund saved up, take it to Canterbury and put it all on a 10/1 horse that looks good. When the horse wins, keep 80% for a nice little payday for yourself, and then you have enough left over to double her college find!

#ResponsibleParenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad