OT: General OT Thread #39: Intel Popcorn Processor 39000

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
If you haven't yet, listen to Bowie's last album, Blackstar. A good album already, but when listened to knowing that he knew this was the end of the line it becomes a fantastic, heartbreaking album. Like Queen's Innuendo.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Do you cast Gamecenter to your TV? Live sports are pretty much the one reason I haven't cut the cord yet.

Yes, I bought a ChromeCast, a few actually, love it!

Same. For me it's college basketball and hockey of course. But Gamecenter wouldn't even help because of blackouts.

Buy a VPN service. I think it's like $2 or $8 a month. Totally worth it. Not sure if this is against the rules but this is what I bought: https://www.purevpn.com/order/

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I'm pretty nerdy, so feel free to fire questions my way on how to do stuff,

Started out as a Technical Support Analyst then moved to a Programmer Analyst, so I can do a little bit of everything.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
It's weird to me that Brittish-style Panel shows haven't become a thing in the US yet. Just watched all of Series 9 of Would I Lie to You and almost cried laughing at some parts.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
It's weird to me that Brittish-style Panel shows haven't become a thing in the US yet. Just watched all of Series 9 of Would I Lie to You and almost cried laughing at some parts.

Yeah, It's fantastic stuff! Seen only few episodes though.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Alright, haven't really gotten into any TV shows in the past year or so, so it's official, I'm starting Parks and Rec.

When it first came out, as a big fan of The Office, I thought it just looked like an unfunny ripoff. I've heard it starts a little slow as well. I've probably seen about 10 episodes before and it seems decently funny so I'll give it a shot. Got nothing else to watch at the moment. Obviously a lot of people love the show.

That's what I should have done after I turned off the game today..

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Alright, haven't really gotten into any TV shows in the past year or so, so it's official, I'm starting Parks and Rec.

When it first came out, as a big fan of The Office, I thought it just looked like an unfunny ripoff. I've heard it starts a little slow as well. I've probably seen about 10 episodes before and it seems decently funny so I'll give it a shot. Got nothing else to watch at the moment. Obviously a lot of people love the show.

First season of Parks and Rec is 'meh' at best, but it really picks up after there. If you watch the first few eps and don't like it just skip to season 2, honestly.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
First season of Parks and Rec is 'meh' at best, but it really picks up after there. If you watch the first few eps and don't like it just skip to season 2, honestly.

I may do that. Hate skipping to miss potential storylines, but obviously not too big of a deal for a comedy.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

The first season felt like it tried too hard to be an Office rip-off and failed pretty hard. Like tomgilbertfan said, it really only goes up from season 1.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
The first season felt like it tried too hard to be an Office rip-off and failed pretty hard. Like tomgilbertfan said, it really only goes up from season 1.

Yeah season 1 was really Office-y. Season 2 the characters start to be themselves and the camera-work/humor distances itself from the office.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
At least season 1 is only 6 episodes. When the non-Leslie characters get a chance to develop (Ron, Tom, Andy, Donna) the show gets pretty great.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
At least season 1 is only 6 episodes. When the non-Leslie characters get a chance to develop (Ron, Tom, Andy, Donna) the show gets pretty great.

Ah, well that sure helps. Might as well stick through it then.

The Office season 1 also had six episodes, but those were phenomenal. :yo:

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Parks & Rec is probably my favorite sitcom of this last wave.

So many aspects of that show just hit. They line things up so well, and just keep slamming you with ridiculous situations.... And then Ron has a one-liner that absolutely destroys. Nick Offerman might be the funniest guy alive right now for me.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Caved in and bought a PowerBall ticket today.

If I win, I'm renting out a suite for HFWild, paying for the airfare for our Finnish friends, and then we can all complain together about how much the Wild suck. :sarcasm:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I used to think that PowerBall tickets were a tax on stupid people. But then I decided to stop being so negative and now say it's a Kickstarter campaign to make one person super rich. :sarcasm:

Oh, and I bought some too.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland

If I win, I'm renting out a suite for HFWild, paying for the airfare for our Finnish friends, and then we can all complain together about how much the Wild suck. :sarcasm:
I'm counting on you man. I'm counting on you. You'll also have to hire me as your personal hockey assistant so I can watch more of these sucky, horrible games. My skills include overeating, drinking beer and cursing.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland

Hahaa! I'm a volunteer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad