OT: General OT Thread #39: Intel Popcorn Processor 39000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Love Justified...probably one of my all time favorites. First season is pretty good too...different than the rest since it's more like a invidivual story in each episode instead of a season long one (if I remember it correctly).

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Yep, Justified is pretty great, although I'm only through Season 2.

I remember trying to watch the show while it was airing and not being able to get into it. Funny how I'm hooked just a few years later.

Love Justified...probably one of my all time favorites. First season is pretty good too...different than the rest since it's more like a invidivual story in each episode instead of a season long one (if I remember it correctly).

That sounds about right. The whole season is really about Givens' relationship with the Crowders, but it doesn't really focus on that until the last 4-5 episodes of the season.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Finally got around to watching "The Man in the High Castle." Currently on episode 7 and enjoying the hell out of it :amazed: Also reflecting upon how cool it is that we don't need to rely on "The Hollywood" to produce things like this anymore, AND especially that they're allowed to take whole seasons to tell a story, as opposed to being shoehorned into one two hour movie.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
One winter project in the books:

The ratty state in which it was purchased this fall:

125idxk.jpg

The nearly completed finished product:

24378491282_437df0c6fb_h.jpg

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I really, really don't understand the fascination with slam dunks.

Like, that does nothing for me. Absolutely nothing.

Dunks are fun when they're really contested and physical. Stuff like that tweet isn't great.

What's really fun is someone like Steph Curry or Ray Allen just draining 3s.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
You know what sucks? Online grad school applications that are handled by a 3rd party. There's a place to put your GRE scores into it, but it turns out that's not enough, they don't say that explicitly on that page, so now I may miss the deadline because I'm supposed to go through the ETS and get them to send my GRE stuff to the school as well.

Also even though you have everything sent in more than a month ahead of time, and they send you an email saying it's processed, they don't start verifying it apparently until you "complete" your entire thing and pay (at which point you cannot edit anything about your application), which is great so all that work I did on that essay that I finished before the deadline may be for naught because it takes weeks to verify everything, even though I had everything they needed to process in well before the deadline. **** if it takes that long to verify why have a deadline like that? Why do I have to actually complete my application 4 weeks before the deadline? So much frustration right now. If it would've just been a "get all your stuff together yourself" type of thing I would've been much better off.

Update on all of this business: School gave a 2 week grace period for all materials to be in/verified and I just got an email today saying the application is all good to go, so I'm officially an applicant! That was probably the most stressful week of my life. Got into some real existential holes there laying awake at night.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Update on all of this business: School gave a 2 week grace period for all materials to be in/verified and I just got an email today saying the application is all good to go, so I'm officially an applicant! That was probably the most stressful week of my life. Got into some real existential holes there laying awake at night.

Woo! Good news.

Hopefully you'll get a 2nd batch of good news in the former of an acceptance letter.

Hey, maybe they make the application process as stressful as possible to let you know what you're getting into :sarcasm:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Watching Parks & Rec Season 1, currently going on episode 5. I ****ing hate this series.

images

Seriously, Season 1 is an abomination. If you weren't almost already at the end of Season 1, I'd tell you to skip Season 1.

Aw, the hell with it, skip season 1!

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Parks and Recreation may be my favorite series of all time, but the first season was horrible. The intention was to have it mix with the Office after the first season so they could co-exist in the same universe.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I love chopping up ghost peppers and cooking with them, but hoooboy sometimes you catch a couple bigger pieces of peppery in the same bite. Clears the sinuses right up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad