#3: Modern Day William Randolph Hearst
#4: This Game Needs A White Girl
#5: "Demonstration On Popping A Cherry" Edition
#6: Shep Harder Edition
#7: "James Sheppard Memorial Popcorn Machine" Edition
#8: Mike Yeo's Hair Conditioner
#9: Beating The Mayans To The End Of The World
#10: Got The Shootout Moves Like Seto
#11: 11 Cent Beers Be Damned, Bring A NHL Team To The Twin Cities!
#12: vApathy and vDisillusionment
#13: "GopherState Memorial Appreciation" Edition*
#14: The FSN Sisterhood Of The Traveling LaPantas
#15: "Too Many #$@!ing Turtlenecks" Edition
#16: With A Name Like Zucker, It Has To Be Good
#17: Screw Willy, Free Agency
#18: A Deal With A Devil Caught Us A Predator
#19: The *insert an Olympic Village joke here* Edition
#20: Ryan Suter Always Tips Spurgeon 20%
#21: Buying Out Drinks Like We're Mark Parrish
#22: If Hockey's A Sport Best Locked Out, Put On Your Sunday Finest
#23: It's Not Even Fehr
#24: Here's Looking At You, Boogey
#25: Rock Out With Your Lock Out
#26: The #NHLisback Edition
#27: Bacon - Tasty And Good For Your Blue Line
#28: Hoppy's Luck Guides Our Puck
#29: Welcome To Pominville-Where Goals Come Better Than Girl Advice
#30: BNTG doesn't have time for your cap
#31: Wild Wish Offense Was As Potent As Fel
#32: It's All Heatley's Fault
#33: In Memory of Sergei Zholtok
#34: GopherState Memorial Appreciation Edition* Memorial Edition
#35: Generic User Finally Gets A Dynamic Title
#36: Because #35 was too Demanding
#37: Warren G Harding Edition
#38: Pavol Demitra Memorial Playoff Push Edition

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Also in sweet memory of James Sheppard, the greatest popcorn chef AINEC. So basically ot thread #7 2.0

What were the hot topics back then?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Also in sweet memory of James Sheppard, the greatest popcorn chef AINEC. So basically ot thread #7 2.0

What were the hot topics back then?

Are the old threads all archived? The first 25 or so say invalid link.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Are the old threads all archived? The first 25 or so say invalid link.

HFBoards is slowly preparing to migrate to new server software. As part of that, they needed to reduce the database size so a lot of old threads are being "pruned" AKA deleted.

You may have noticed the One Man GDT has been stickied for about a week now. The reason for that is stickied threads are not going to be pruned no matter what, and considering that thread is pretty much this forums One True Thread, we sure as hell weren't gonna risk it getting lost in the woodchipper.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
HFBoards is slowly preparing to migrate to new server software. As part of that, they needed to reduce the database size so a lot of old threads are being "pruned" AKA deleted.

You may have noticed the One Man GDT has been stickied for about a week now. The reason for that is stickied threads are not going to be pruned no matter what, and considering that thread is pretty much this forums One True Thread, we sure as hell weren't gonna risk it getting lost in the woodchipper.
Quick!!! Sticky the Parise/Suter threads from the 4th of July!!

Meanwhile, that very rare moment in life when you balance your checkbook and it's right down to the exact penny on the first try.

20048442yu.gif

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I very rarely use checks, and obviously use all the automated/internet crap to keep on top of things. But I'm a tad bit paranoid and like to double check the balance as well as have a written record for backup. My mom worked at a bank for years, so it's all her fault. :laugh:

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
So I just heard of Menace of Destruction for the first time. Curious thing, because

1) I don't know anything about Hmong people
2) Have thought of Minnesota as mostly free of gang violence

Interested to hear more from the locals. Is gang violence a thing in Twin Cities? Was it a thing before?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, I think it's something you encounter everywhere. It's certainly more problematic in other areas of the country, but I don't think you can really go to any metropolitan area and be completely away from it.

edit: Reminds me of a video I saw posted on Facebook yesterday, on North Minneapolis.

http://www.homesnacks.net/if-youre-from-minneapolis-this-will-be-the-highlight-of-your-day-guaranteed-121479/

I think the 2nd guy on the video has it right: "You find what you're looking for. If you're looking for trouble, you probably will find it. But if you're trying to look for goodness, and your mind is open to that, you're gonna find that"

Last edited:

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Huh. I wasn't aware even places like Fargo have it. I'd have figured out Twin Cities by its mere size would have gangs. Still, I had the mental connection of gang violence to places like Los Angeles, New York and Chicago.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
They're not a huge problem here, but they do exist here.

Here's something that happened last week:
http://www.inforum.com/news/3832716-cops-say-fargo-gang-member-tried-burn-tattoos-victim-blowtorch

Just sickening.

The Latin Kings are pretty scary. An old friend from high school got involved into some bad drugs and somehow got involved with them. He owed them money so one night a few of them broke into his trailer house and hog tied him and duct tape his mouth shut and threw him in the trunk of their car with someone else already tied up in trunk. They drove around for about an hour or two he guessed and took the other guy out and he said he heard two gun shots and a body fall to the ground. They drove for about another hour and I guess let him out and just drove off. He said he had to walk to a random store and ask to use their phone to get picked up. I randomly bumped into him a few days after and he told me the story. He's now in prison tho for the next 5 years or so. It's definitely a real thing and the lesson is don't do drugs.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Granted not in the Twin Cities, but just south of Milwaukee where I went to high school, we had tons of active gang members in our school. Latin Kings, Vice Lords, and GD were the top three for us. Never really caused any problems with the regular student population as gangs usually try to prey on the ones they view as weak, but there would be tons of fights between gang members in the school, no guns, but stabbings at times. This reason was why we had to wear ID's on a lanyard around our necks as students because at times older gang members would just walk into the school to cause trouble, so no ID, no access.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So I just heard of Menace of Destruction for the first time. Curious thing, because

1) I don't know anything about Hmong people
2) Have thought of Minnesota as mostly free of gang violence

Interested to hear more from the locals. Is gang violence a thing in Twin Cities? Was it a thing before?

Gangs are absolutely a problem in the twin cities. In school starting in jr high, you had to know the colors to realize when they were present to be extra aware.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Emerson Street Murder Boyz (stupid name, right?) are pretty hardcore where I live in Minneapolis. They mostly hang in NE, but they're all over. Lots and lots of other gangs too. Shame, really.

Same thing for us regarding the color awareness starting in middle school, TaLoN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad