General OT Thread #29: Welcome To Pominville-Where Goals Come Better Than Girl Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Speaking of sleep...I can't ever sleep in. At all.

I went to bed Friday night at 4 in the morning after playing Halo with a buddy. Woke up the next day at 745.

Last night I went to bed at 330- same story. Woke up today at 800.

Every day during the week I wake up at 6 exactly. My alarm clock is always set for 615 but every single day I wake up at 6.

I can't remember the last time I was able to sleep past 830.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Speaking of sleep...I can't ever sleep in. At all.

I went to bed Friday night at 4 in the morning after playing Halo with a buddy. Woke up the next day at 745.

Last night I went to bed at 330- same story. Woke up today at 800.

Every day during the week I wake up at 6 exactly. My alarm clock is always set for 615 but every single day I wake up at 6.

I can't remember the last time I was able to sleep past 830.

Your body has gotten into some rather solid habits. I say just go with it, and enjoy the extra time you get in the mornings. Honestly I wish I could wake up that early without effort.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
that is pretty sweet.

i know some canadiens i could hit up for pocket change. :)

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Saw Avett Brothers on Saturday at Somerset. Fun show, not as good as last time I saw them, probably because they only played three songs off Emotionalism. Also, what a weird mix of people. Opening band was a jam band, think Pink Floyd meets OAR, so you had a bunch of hippies and stoners. Second band was a country group with a gay singer, so you had a whole bunch of rednecks and lesbians. Avett Brothers of course brought over a ton of yuppies and hipsters.

Best part was walking in and my girlfriend saying "I bet we see hula hoop girls". I said I didn't know what the hell that was, and why would anyone bring a hula hoop to a concert? Sure enough, an hour later and there's two hippies with hula hoops in the back of the field :laugh:

Also had fun with a gas grill this weekend.

A few years ago, a friend lent me his gas grill because his condo wouldn't let him have it. I hauled it up to my apartment and got it through the screen door onto the balcony. Run up and get a propane tank for it, get a bunch of steaks and chicken and stuff together, season it up, and go to put it on the grill. The friggin adapter to the tank is missing. So that's an emergency trip to Home Depot and $30 later I'm able to cook the food.

I used it for about a year until I was told that it was a fire hazard and couldn't have it on the balcony anymore. Okay, I call him up and we haul the thing over to his parents house where it sits outside accumulating all kind of exciting insects and grime.

A couple months ago, he offers to give me the grill so long as I get it out of his parents house. Sure, it worked great for me and free, so we haul it over to my place. Yesterday I finally get around to scrubbing the thing down with oven cleaner and assembling it again. I let it dry off as I go to the store to get a TON of food to grill this week and a propane tank.

What happens when I try to hook it up? The ******* adapter is missing again.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
Attempted to get away to the BWCA for Thursday-Saturday with two friends. Drove up to great weather on Thursday (entered Gunflint lake about 1:00pm). Canoed about 5 miles in relative gorgeous weather, but got rained on just before getting to the campsite. Set up camp, retreated to the tent to ride out a thunderstorm, had intermittent spots of no rain, so I kept getting a fire going in a stubborn attempt to cook some dinner. Mother nature won and we subsequently had a fitfull night of sleep in almost constant rain. Forecast for Friday was worse, so we ate some breakfast, broke camp, stowed gear and paddled 5 miles back to the landing and drove home. The entire drive from Grand Marais to the Twin Cities was rain for 30 minutes, clear for 10 minutes, rain for 30 minutes, etc.

Moral of the story -- Rain.

But I'm not really complaining. I got some exercise, fresh air, and spent some time with friends.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
My weekend...

Friday night, I concussed a friend.
Saturday, built mortar tube arrays.
Sunday, had massive cramps in 8 major muscles in my right leg, couldn't stop on the crappy Richfield ice to save my life. We still won the game, though...

The last three AHA games have been on some really ****** ice. Wakota and now Richfield are nothing more than slushy sheets of crap.

Ah, well... Guess I am spoiled by the ice at Minnesota Made.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I spent the weekend playing in a softball tourny. Played outfield ran a lot. Had a hockey game Sunday night. My legs felt like rubber. We only had 3 defensemen for the game.

Had a penalty kill. Loose puck in our left corner. Spun to the right towards the glass and in one motion threw it high off the glass. Got *****ed at by the ref because it hit him. Maybe he shouldnt have been standing there. I felt bad because it wasnt intentional but at the same time I did what my only out was.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
Interesting JJ Abrams Star Wars rumors...

[spoil]
Supposedly, the casting sheet lists the need for two 17 year olds, one male, one female, which look vaguely alike or can be made to look vaguely alike.

Twins.

Jacen and Jaina...
:laugh:
[/spoil]

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Interesting JJ Abrams Star Wars rumors...

[spoil]
Supposedly, the casting sheet lists the need for two 17 year olds, one male, one female, which look vaguely alike or can be made to look vaguely alike.

Twins.

Jacen and Jaina...
:laugh:
[/spoil]

oh hell yeeeeeah. hope it's not the douches from the Twighlight movie as the males.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
oh hell yeeeeeah. hope it's not the douches from the Twighlight movie as the males.

Abrams would be skipping over A LOT of content by jumping straight into the Darth Caedus arc... /shrug

In related news, Carrie Fisher is starting a diet... lol

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Abrams would be skipping over A LOT of content by jumping straight into the Darth Caedus arc... /shrug

In related news, Carrie Fisher is starting a diet... lol

Would not surprise me to see the new trilogy detail that arc.

First episode is them establishing Jacen/Jaina as Jedi and leaders, maybe Jacen gets a bit iffy toward the end.

End of second episode he goes full Darth Caedus. Third episode in new trilogy is all about bringing Caedus down.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Would be cool to see some of those actors back but they have all aged considerably. It's been 35 years.

Nevermind, apparently they are back for the next ones? Hmm. Well there's always CGI and makeup I suppose! Good for them.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Would be cool to see some of those actors back but they have all aged considerably. It's been 35 years.

Nevermind, apparently they are back for the next ones? Hmm. Well there's always CGI and makeup I suppose! Good for them.

Not to mention Mark's car accident. Eeeee.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
At that point in the Extended Universe, they all have plenty of battle scars. They are also old... At one point, I think it was Aaron Allston that had a neat description of the older Leia.

/shrug

Jedis don't get scars. They either die, get limbs cut off, or win the fight. Duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad