General OT Thread #29: Welcome To Pominville-Where Goals Come Better Than Girl Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Count me in with the weird sleepers, at least for last night.

Girlfriend goes to work out then goes to bed at like 7:00. I take the opportunity to have some drinks and eat junk food while playing video games until about 11:00. Wake up at 2:30 just WIDE awake and decide, screw it, I'm up. Play some more Tiger Woods until 6:00. Sleep for about an hour and get ready for work.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I didn't know how powerful rum was... Till last night.

Powerful ****.

tumblr_m2wwawaOt61qkcqlzo1_500.gif

Billy Mays Here*

Finally done moving put of the house. Was packing from 9 a.m to 1:15 a.m. yesterday, and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. today. Totally exhausted. Time for a 4 hour nap before I go to work.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Why it's always war movies?

I had my annual "own week" without wife and kids. And I'm watching a lot of movies every year. Last couple of years: Flags of Our Fathers, The Hurt Locker, Enemy at the Gates, Katyn, Beneath Hill 60, Passchendaele, Winter In Wartime, Lebanon.. etc

Now. Letters from Iwo Jima.

Dunno, it's not fun. War's not nice. But war does run deep in our blood.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
In Finland we've got quite good vacations. Kids have long summer holidays of course but we've (adults) got four weeks in the summer plus one week in the winter.

We've managed to arrange our summer vacations so, that me or my wife starts it one week earlier and the other continues one week longer. Kids are on holidays at least with one the parents totally five weeks. And both of the parents have one week their own time while they're working. And we've got three weeks all together.

Thanks to our employers it's been working out already three or four years. Kids don't have to be that much alone.. and while the other parent is working.. the rest of the family is at a summer cottage or with relatives. Everyone wins.

Last edited:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I tend to need at least one "self day" per week where I stay up until 2am.

I did that this week for the first time since school ended.

My buddy and I were playing Halo all night on xbox live. So much fun. We got to catch up on everything in the past few months. Good stuff.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I have never thrown up due to alcohol. Ever. Considering that I've done 80% Viru Valge shots more than once (tastes like ****, don't try it), I'm quite proud of the statistic.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
I puke about 10% of the time I drink but it's because I choose to. I don't mind it and it usually makes me feel much better. I go for the two finger approach outside far away from where my dog will find it.

that sailor Jerry will creep up on you at times. 92 proof and smooth. For those rum drinkers here still sipping on Captain, its time to grow up :) try sailor jerry / coke / lime. mmm mm

Any vodka drinkers out there. (your vodka of choice), I would go with a nice potato vodka here, diet sierra mist strawberry - raspberry, whatever its called and cut a slice of orange in there. not too shabby. I don't drink it but the lady loves it... If you want to add more flavor, I would add orange juice, not thick orange juice, blended / smooth. For more flavor add a supper small amount (1/2 teaspoon) of grenadine.

or Sam Adams seasonal is always a good decision

I will be drinking today seeing as I have to rip up some carpet, stain the concrete and put new flooring down due to the storms in my neighborhood last week. We were without power for 5 days and took on a little water in the basement. ugh

cheers

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I have never thrown up due to alcohol. Ever. Considering that I've done 80% Viru Valge shots more than once (tastes like ****, don't try it), I'm quite proud of the statistic.

Same! I actually haven't puked for any reason since I was 10. Sometimes I probably should...

Wussed out last night and fell asleep at 8 :laugh:

Although this morning I've worked out, cooked and ate breakfast, and am now re-tagging all my iTunes music genres with multiple tags for easier searching (i.e. 90s; rock; alternative; grunge)

Oh yeah, Avett Brothers tonight! Hopefully it doesn't rain too much.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Just worked for about 38 hours in the last 3 days. So ****ing intense.

I'm glad that my boss gave me a free pass for the draft tomorrow afternoon but I still have to work in the early ****ing morning. ****ing hell. *********. I better not fall asleep during the draft.

Sorry for the F word abuse but I'm in some sort of bad mood these days for good reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia