General Hawks Talk While Hockey is MIA

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Powers ($): What I'm hearing about the Blackhawks, Max Shalunov and more...

Shalunov's agent said Thursday all of that what Nikolishin said was untrue and he was upset would say as much. He also said the plan is to play in the NHL next season.

Whether that's just a leverage play (w/CKSA Moscva), remains to be seen. Also, no info on Shalunov from the Hawks' end.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Powers ($): What I'm hearing about the Blackhawks, Max Shalunov and more...

Shalunov's agent said Thursday all of that what Nikolishin said was untrue and he was upset would say as much. He also said the plan is to play in the NHL next season.
Whether that's just a leverage play, remains to be seen. Also, no info on Shalunov from the Hawks' end.

Good gosh. Now my hopes for Max Shalunov are back up. Damn you covid.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Laz's article proves he's a dick. Contents: What if Toews was drafted #1 in 06?
upload_2020-4-22_21-32-42.jpeg

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Laz's article proves he's a dick. Contents: What if Toews was drafted #1 in 06?
View attachment 343169
How does it prove he's a dick?

I just read the article, and outside of him questioning whether Toews is the forgone best player in that draft, I don't see anything wrong with it.

If anything, it's salt in the wounds of Blues fans who could've had a Selke level talent for a decade longer than what they've had ROR for, and could very easily have had more success because of it.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
How does it prove he's a dick?

I just read the article, and outside of him questioning whether Toews is the forgone best player in that draft, I don't see anything wrong with it.

If anything, it's salt in the wounds of Blues fans who could've had a Selke level talent for a decade longer than what they've had ROR for, and could very easily have had more success because of it.
Suggesting Toews could have been a Blue...Let's not think about that. It was mostly a joke.

Reactions: KWP

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If we get a season going again for 2020/21....would you attend games IF new rules were put in like everyone must wear a mask to prevent wet droplets hitting g your seat neighbours?

This question goes for any sports I would guess..

To cover any legal liability I assume spirts teams will have to print on tickets that the ticket holder assumes all risks of getting g sick from any viral infection and that inisitibg on mask wearing g covers the club from any legal liability if for some reason you still ci tracked any virus let alone you know who h one we are dealing g with now.

In other words will it be a seaon of the old "normal" or a season of "a new normal" for all mass gathering events?

P.s. you can still yell at the refs through a mask,right?

Tge 6vft/2meter distance rule would of course be impossible to do ..but tat easzakays dubiusxscience as stiduescon wet droplets spread showvtgey can travel much farther(13to 27 feet depending on which studies you find on Goiogle for this).

So again...wiukd You go to any game in any sport if forced to wear a mask to enter the premises?

Also if lawyers advise this still not enough precaution the what other precautions would be demanded before they let you in? Taking your temperature?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
That’s actually a good sign. “HOPES to START skating”. Sounds like laying the groundwork to a long recovery that doesn’t go well.

This is what I am hoping it is, a well thought out marketing plan to make sure that the NHL knows that he is anticipating to return and at some point in that well documented attempt they come to the conclusion that he just can't do it despite the attempt to fix him via surgeries and he stays on LTIR for good.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
This is what I am hoping it is, a well thought out marketing plan to make sure that the NHL knows that he is anticipating to return and at some point in that well documented attempt they come to the conclusion that he just can't do it despite the attempt to fix him via surgeries and he stays on LTIR for good.
McDLT's gone...No more 'well thought-out' marketing plans.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

I fully believe Seabrook wants to return. Listen to him when he was scratched and how upset he was. That's not a guy who thought he deserved or sounds like he accepts he is on the tail end of his career.

That being said, the Hawks won't clear him if they don't think he's able to play. Remember Joffrey Lupul saying he was ready and the Leafs never cleared him?

He not only has to be ready to play but at NHL level.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I fully believe Seabrook wants to return. Listen to him when he was scratched and how upset he was. That's not a guy who thought he deserved or sounds like he accepts he is on the tail end of his career.

That being said, the Hawks won't clear him if they don't think he's able to play. Remember Joffrey Lupul saying he was ready and the Leafs never cleared him?

He not only has to be ready to play but at NHL level.
They'll keep failing him on his physical and eventually they'll tell him that he can't play anymore. As long as he's in the Hawks org, they can give him another job with the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad