General Hawks Talk While Hockey is MIA

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Glasses JC revealed

Love these kind of behind the scenes articles. Actually they're my favorite coz we get to know the players we follow religiously even more as people.

So kudos to Laz for doing them, really.

But my god he's even trying to make this kind of an article, which is all about unique personal stories, all about himself. It's actually crazy. Guy just can't help it.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Watching game 1 2010 SCF right now (in "HD" :laugh:)

**** me, usually 10 year old hockey is a bit outdated but that series was faster, more dynamic and overall far more entertaining hockey than the past two SCF's. Both teams skated so hard every shift it's like watching table tennis.

Reactions: Giovi

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Watching game 1 2010 SCF right now (in "HD" :laugh:)

**** me, usually 10 year old hockey is a bit outdated but that series was faster, more dynamic and overall far more entertaining hockey than the past two SCF's. Both teams skated so hard every shift it's like watching table tennis.
If I remember correctly, the hockey media was raving at the time about how the Hawks were playing that fast breakout hockey and revolutionizing it.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
If I remember correctly, the hockey media was raving at the time about how the Hawks were playing that fast breakout hockey and revolutionizing it.
Yup. It could never have happened, but if there were some way to keep that 2010 roster together, the Hawks would have wrecked the NHL.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
2004 Jeremy Roenick? Sometimes i wish i was a hockey fan my entire life and not just after Kane was drafted, but on the bright side I was able to miss all of that "worst sports franchise in the country" period. You had to have been a real dedicated fan to sit and watch that mess for years.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
2004 Jeremy Roenick? Sometimes i wish i was a hockey fan my entire life and not just after Kane was drafted, but on the bright side I was able to miss all of that "worst sports franchise in the country" period. You had to have been a real dedicated fan to sit and watch that mess for years.
lol, most couldn't watch, because it wasn't on TV.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I would of been stoked by that trade back then. Being a total idiot and not having a clue about draft picks in that day but only occasionally getting to see Hawks games. Most of my hockey watching memory of that time frankly was Avs and Wings and playoffs of other teams.

I would of thought of it as Wirtz turning the corner and probably not realized its just because they're old and cheaper then.

I've said it many times but I only gave up for a time following the team when they traded Calder. Its sad that a crummy top line player in Kyle Calder was the final straw for me.

Reactions: KWP

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Can any of you shed some light on Eric Daze for me? He was my favorite player back on NHL 2K5. I heard he had a bad back. What kind of player was he though? What was his style? How good could he have been if not for injuries?

Please and thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->