General Hawks Talk While Hockey is MIA

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
What have you seen that suggests that?

Certainly not timelines from any other country on this planet. China’s lockdowns lasted 2 months. Korea, Taiwan, other countries in that area have bounced back. Italy is also recovering at a noticeable clip per day over the past week. Maybe there’s some other planet you know of?

6-12 months is outrageous. Maybe if we weren’t mitigating but we are, and the models/forecasts made by professional scientists and doctors all point towards a peak in roughly 2 weeks with social distancing and lockdowns lasting until the end of April.
May I explain: Studies have shown that if you lift the social distancing restrictions, you end up re-starting the process from scratch and creating a new curve that needs to be flattened, yet again.
The only way to realistically be able to lift restrictions is to get the entirety of the infected population, when it gets small enough, quarantined from the rest of society.

Lockdowns ending on April 30th, 2020 is a pipedream. Maybe April 30th, 2021.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
May I explain: Studies have shown that if you lift the social distancing restrictions, you end up re-starting the process from scratch and creating a new curve that needs to be flattened, yet again.
The only way to realistically be able to lift restrictions is to get the entirety of the infected population, when it gets small enough, quarantined from the rest of society.

Sources?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What do you guys think about Strome’s season this year and what do you think about him going forward?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
What do you guys think about Strome’s season this year and what do you think about him going forward?

Admittedly Im not a huge fan of his. But he's been alright this year. He's a true center to me none of that wing crap anymore please.
Obviously he's a great passer. The ankle injury f'ed him up and cat having the troubles he's had has cost Strome points.
To me he needs to shoot more, he has a heavy wrist shot when he unleashes it. Would like to see more physicality in his game. Not as a player that hits anything that moves but as a big body who can separate the opposing player from the puck a lot like saad does in the corners.

But overall there's no reason to get down on the guy. He's 22 and just finished his ELC. As long as the contract demands aren't outrageous, I would re-up with him and role
Toews-Strome-Dach down the middle and be perfectly happy with it.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Data models show that Illinois' peak is April 16th. Some states are behind, but a year long lockdown is asinine.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I pretty much agree with Mrfenn above but I am still wondering if there was anything to the leak about Sorokin coming to the Hawks and if true what might have been heading back .. that what being possibly Strome.
Also, if we pick up another C with our ( hopefully ) top 10 pick than Strome may become more expendable .. at least in a year or three.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I pretty much agree with Mrfenn above but I am still wondering if there was anything to the leak about Sorokin coming to the Hawks and if true what might have been heading back .. that what being possibly Strome.
Also, if we pick up another C with our ( hopefully ) top 10 pick than
Strome may become more expendable .. at least in a year or three.

There might have been discussions involving Strome/Sorokin but I can't imagine if all that was true they will head down that road again.
Isles got pageau and extended him. Barzal needs a new deal and Brock Nelson is playing second line center.
Really not much room or money available there.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Data models show that Illinois' peak is April 16th. Some states are behind, but a year long lockdown is asinine.
What would you do when the lockdown is lifted and then we start from scratch? Serious question. Once you lift the restrictions people start getting infected again. If they lift the restrictions in May or June I give it 2-4 weeks before they're back in place.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What would you do when the lockdown is lifted and then we start from scratch? Serious question. Once you lift the restrictions people start getting infected again. If they lift the restrictions in May or June I give it 2-4 weeks before they're back in place.

Can you guys talk about this in the corona virus thread and not this one?

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Wanna talk hockey well guys I’m EXTREMELY excited about our roster.

Especially if Cat and Strome bounce back.

19,77,17 down the middle is VERY good compared to most teams.

Then on the wing there’s endless options. Could potentially add someone via trade, could get Shaw back healthy, we’ve already seen Caggiula is a capable top 6 plug in, and Nylander has all the talent and opportunity to solidify a spot too. All of that on top of Kane, Saad, DeBrincat, and Kubalik.

That caliber of top 9 depth also creates a chain reaction right on down to the 4th line where we’ll have Kampf, Carpenter, Highmore, and potentially Caggiula/Shaw too(depending on who is left out of the top 9).

If we can get the young defenseman(Boqvist, Beaudin, Carlsson, Koekkoek, and hopefully Mitchell too) to take that next step AND keep Crawford, Keith, Murphy, and de Haan healthy then the overall roster will most certainly be playoff worthy. Lots of “ifs” involved but I’m gonna stay positive and say we can contend as soon as next season. I like all the young talent at all positions and believe we’ll get some cap space to open up and give us the flexibility to afford all those pieces I mentioned(LTIR Seabs if not a potential buy out, trade Maatta, etc).

Exciting times ahead. The Kane/Toews/Keith era hasn’t seen the last of its Cup runs mark my words. We’re building a serious contender.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
An unfortunate thing about the shutdown (Hawks related) is that Nylander and Strome were starting to get it going right before the end of the season. Hopefully they'll be able to pick up where they left off.
Silver Lining- they looked like they were going to go on point tears and would be in a position to demand more money

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Today, April 4th, would have been the final day of the regular season for the Hawks had it not been for the virus. Seeing as how we likely wouldn't have made the playoffs, this woulda been it for this Hawks team.

Doesn't really matter anymore, just interesting tidbit.

Reactions: KWP

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Hawks organization is now pitting Hawks players against each other using NHL 20 via Twitch. Today is Cat versus Caggiula, live at 3pm CT (just hit the link in the tweet to watch).

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Blackhawks convention cancelled.
Full refunds for hotel room deposits and covention passes will be processed automatically from the point of purchase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad