General Hawks Talk While Hockey is MIA

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
2283b2e58506c17953e91088e27e4059e1abda4e.png

While there is a thread to talk about the 20-21 roster and a thread to discuss the 2020 draft, there hasn't really been a thread to dump all your random Hawks convos in one convenient space since GDTs all but died due to the lack of games. So let this thread be your dumping ground for all things Hawks related that doesn't already have a thread or doesn't deserve it's own thread.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Now the reason I felt like making this thread, a Boqvist interview from a few weeks back before the season ended (video's in Swedish, but has English subtitles).

Boqvist talks about being intimidated by Keith the first couple weeks, his first NHL goal, living with Cat, and a few other things. A fun watch if you've got the time (which good chance you do now that society has been put on lockdown).

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Think about this when the NHL finally comes back for the playoffs with a 32 team (including Seattle) quadruple round robin playoff tourney. All of our injured players will be ready to go. Robo Seabrook!
Cup number 4. One goal.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Think about this when the NHL finally comes back for the playoffs with a 32 team (including Seattle) quadruple round robin playoff tourney. All of our injured players will be ready to go. Robo Seabrook!
Cup number 4. One goal.
And the kids who are playing their first NHL seasons and not at all used to the grind will be re-energized from all this time off. A fully rejuvenated Kirby's gonna burn a lot of villages!

Reactions: Mrfenn92

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Now the reason I felt like making this thread, a Boqvist interview from a few weeks back before the season ended (video's in Swedish, but has English subtitles).

Boqvist talks about being intimidated by Keith the first couple weeks, his first NHL goal, living with Cat, and a few other things. A fun watch if you've got the time (which good chance you do now that society has been put on lockdown).

Damn Cat got engaged? That's awesome

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I know a majority of this board wasnt super high on him but I am pretty bummed Nalimov never even got as much of a look in rockford due to the season being scrapped. He has done well playing in the KHL, a league where only St.Petersburg, Moscow, and one or two other teams are consistently competitive.

I still feel like he has the highest ceiling among our goalie prospects

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Cup number 4. One goal.
The short season of 2015 helped the Blackhawks a lot, I thought. If the season does resume this year, strange things will happen. Guaranteed.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Been pretty disappointed in Strome this season. I thought he was for sure going to start living up to his 3rd overall draft pick pedigree and he hasn't. He went from a guy I was ok with the Hawks giving a 6-year deal to back in the offseason to now thinking he's a middle-6 player who will be nice depth.

Call it injuries, or switching him to wing briefly, or whatever. The guy doesn't look like he can be a game changer or even run his own line.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Been pretty disappointed in Strome this season. I thought he was for sure going to start living up to his 3rd overall draft pick pedigree and he hasn't. He went from a guy I was ok with the Hawks giving a 6-year deal to back in the offseason to now thinking he's a middle-6 player who will be nice depth.

Call it injuries, or switching him to wing briefly, or whatever. The guy doesn't look like he can be a game changer or even run his own line.

Strome has been hurt, and he has been hurt by DeBrincat forgetting how to play hockey. Alex probably cost his linemates a good 30+ points with the amount of shots and wide open nets he completely whiffed on this season

Reactions: Kevin Musto

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Strome has been hurt, and he has been hurt by DeBrincat forgetting how to play hockey. Alex probably cost his linemates a good 30+ points with the amount of shots and wide open nets he completely whiffed on this season

DeBrincat is definitely one of the reasons, but isn’t THE reason

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I think one of Strome or Saad is getting traded in the offseason. Hawks just won’t have room to breathe with the cap likely staying the same now.

And if we somehow win Lafreniere, that’s going to force their hand. We still need guys who can play a role, and I’m real tired of Strome playing butter soft.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
And if we somehow win Lafreniere, that’s going to force their hand. We still need guys who can play a role, and I’m real tired of Strome playing butter soft.

He's actually had a bit of bite to his game recently which shocked the shit out of me. Yes he is still soft, but I've noticed him giving it back to the ops lately (still didn't forget him sticking up for Kane after a borderline dangerous hit). Strome will never be as gritty as his older brother but he doesn't have to be. As long as he continues to not back down he'll be fine. I like the fact that he is still developing as a player. His faceoff % has gradually increased lately as well as he's been very good at the dot for a number of games before the season abruptly ended.

Reactions: KWP and d rake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad