General Hawks Talk While Hockey is MIA

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
2004 Jeremy Roenick? Sometimes i wish i was a hockey fan my entire life and not just after Kane was drafted, but on the bright side I was able to miss all of that "worst sports franchise in the country" period. You had to have been a real dedicated fan to sit and watch that mess for years.

yes like the Peluso, Grimson, vandenbushe teams. Roenick in early 90’s yup 2004 ahhh Nope. They had some crappy teams before T&K when Tyler Arnason is one of the better forwards. Chelios led the team in scoring as the forwards sucked

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Can any of you shed some light on Eric Daze for me? He was my favorite player back on NHL 2K5. I heard he had a bad back. What kind of player was he though? What was his style? How good could he have been if not for injuries?

Please and thanks.

Daze was a beast and could have been a great power forward if not for the bad back. I seen him a few years ago at a hockey charity event he was huge I had to look up and I’m 6’2”

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I would of been stoked by that trade back then. Being a total idiot and not having a clue about draft picks in that day but only occasionally getting to see Hawks games. Most of my hockey watching memory of that time frankly was Avs and Wings and playoffs of other teams.

I would of thought of it as Wirtz turning the corner and probably not realized its just because they're old and cheaper then.

I've said it many times but I only gave up for a time following the team when they traded Calder. Its sad that a crummy top line player in Kyle Calder was the final straw for me.
Kyle Calder was my favorite Hawk for awhile. The guy would bust his ass all night every night to be in the right spot to score on a rebound only to hit the post.

Reactions: KWP

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Can any of you shed some light on Eric Daze for me? He was my favorite player back on NHL 2K5. I heard he had a bad back. What kind of player was he though? What was his style? How good could he have been if not for injuries?

Please and thanks.
He was like a good James Neal without the snarl in a much more physical game. Great shot. His back got destroyed because he’d post up around the slot and back then it was totally fine to chop a guys back like it was a tree. He got a lot of hate for not being a physical player but he wasn’t soft. He used his size to get position instead of hurting people, which he could have done being 6’5”.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Kyle Calder was my favorite Hawk for awhile. The guy would bust his ass all night every night to be in the right spot to score on a rebound only to hit the post.

Yeah but the league did name a trophy after him.

Wut? You never hearda the Kyle Cup?
Awarded for most posts / crossbars during the season ... almost as sought after as the Lady Byng ...
Winner's acceptance speech usually a fusillade of F bombs recounting his frustrations. ;-)

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Only from the video games.
Fun Kontiola story after he tried to make a comeback with the Leafs after returning to Europe after not cracking the Hawks roster. He couldn’t make a pretty mediocre Toronto squad either and after a month of riding buses in the AHL he allegedly had “f*** my life” written on all his taped up sticks in Finnish.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
...His back got destroyed because he’d post up around the slot and back then it was totally fine to chop a guys back like it was a tree. ....

Why I despise the crosscheck.
I'm ever King* every single one 2 minutes, blatants 10 & a game.

* - And I mean of the world but still my first proclamation that one. "Friends & countrymen, Hockey is life and so as your new King, I today announce my first ..."

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Oh you mean the Brandon Saad award?
Seriously though, was that just this season or even the previous where it was constant.

Hopefully Boqvist doesn't keep up his pace for the trophy and burrys lots of goals instead

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Seriously though, was that just this season or even the previous where it was constant.

Hopefully Boqvist doesn't keep up his pace for the trophy and burrys lots of goals instead
These last couple seasons in Chicago for sure. No idea if he was like that in Columbus.

Lots of time for Boqvist to figure things out, but yeah hopefully that's not a problem going forward.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Can you imagine trading Duncan Keith even as a prospect along with whoever the other 3 players were.

Just to bring back roenick and amonte. Would've been time to fold the franchise at that point.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Keith was a f***ing wreck defensively the first few seasons. Whole lot of bad decisions.

He, uh, figured it out. But in 04 he wasn’t anywhere near the player he turned into and wasn’t even a blue chip prospect.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I don't usually praise Lazerus, but this is a really good read for the old early 2000s Blackhawks fans.

Well that would have been disaster

I was so conflicted when it came to the 2004 Conf Finals between TB/Phi

On one hand that was a fun TB team and I was cheering for them and Khabby but I really wanted to see the Blackhawk Down line win a cup as it contained 3 of my favorite ex-Hawks

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Huh, Hawks are going to let Gravel go and not offer him a contract. Kind of surprised, kind of not.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
This is interesting, based off of pNHLe
Bader.png

This gives Dach only a 9% chance of becoming a consistent 60 pt forward.....not good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad