Seabrook, De Hann and Shaw.

tenor.gif

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Why buy out de Haan?

It's all bullcrap. I was saying uncle Gary is giving us 3 compliance buyouts. I just chose the 3 guys who have the scary injuries.
I like de Hann a lot. But what 5 shoulder injuries/surgeries. Don't know if he will last going forward.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
It's all bullcrap. I was saying uncle Gary is giving us 3 compliance buyouts. I just chose the 3 guys who have the scary injuries.
I like de Hann a lot. But what 5 shoulder injuries/surgeries. Don't know if he will last going forward.
After he re-injured it on what appeared to be an innocuous play, I don't see much reason to believe it can be completely repaired.

But if that's the case, he'll be on LTIR soon enough.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
After he re-injured it on what appeared to be an innocuous play, I don't see much reason to believe it can be completely repaired.

But if that's the case, he'll be on LTIR soon enough.

The problem is this surgery was I believe number 3 on his shoulder.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Let's not get greedy. One compliance buyout is plenty.

Be a huge thing for us, not just for next season, but for the next handful of seasons.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)

I understand. de Haan is not reliable. If he gave you 70 games, he would be a very important piece to this team but his body will not hold up. This is why he was available for so cheap last offseason.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Just my opinion, but I think the idea of an NHL season in 2020-21 is a pipedream.

Man oh man that’s some serious glass half empty nonsense right there. Smh

Mountains and mountains of data to show that cases will peak in a few weeks, steadily level off as we enter May and June, and then as we enter the fall we’ll be stockpiled and well prepared for any new cases.

No reason professional sporting leagues won’t be able to resume some form of makeshift playoffs(without fans) by July/August.

So....tell me...how in gods name will NEXT season be lost? It’s one thing to say this season never resumes and never has a playoff/crowns a champ. That’s possible, though doubtful unless we really botch the mitigation(which we haven’t been, given recent data, and which the government isn’t easing up on having just extended the lockdowns until the end of April)......but next season? 2020-2021 a “pipe dream” ?!?!?

Cmon man. Cheer up.

Reactions: Giovi

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
Man oh man that’s some serious glass half empty nonsense right there. Smh

Mountains and mountains of data to show that cases will peak in a few weeks, steadily level off as we enter May and June, and then as we enter the fall we’ll be stockpiled and well prepared for any new cases.

No reason professional sporting leagues won’t be able to resume some form of makeshift playoffs(without fans) by July/August.

So....tell me...how in gods name will NEXT season be lost? It’s one thing to say this season never resumes and never has a playoff/crowns a champ. That’s possible, though doubtful unless we really botch the mitigation(which we haven’t been, given recent data, and which the government isn’t easing up on having just extended the lockdowns until the end of April)......but next season? 2020-2021 a “pipe dream” ?!?!?

Cmon man. Cheer up.

Some people are saying there's going to be no football as well this year. But I think this will clear up in the summer as well.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Guys, everything I've seen suggests social distancing needs to be in place for at least 6 months, with 12 months the more likely outcome. Maybe we'll be ok by next spring, but I wouldn't expect sports until the 2021 MLB season at the earliest.

Last edited:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Guys, everything I've seen suggests social distancing needs to be in place for at least 6 months, with 12 months the more likely outcome. Maybe we'll be ok by next spring, but I wouldn't expect sports until the 2021 MLB season at the earliest.

What have you seen that suggests that?

Certainly not timelines from any other country on this planet. China’s lockdowns lasted 2 months. Korea, Taiwan, other countries in that area have bounced back. Italy is also recovering at a noticeable clip per day over the past week. Maybe there’s some other planet you know of?

6-12 months is outrageous. Maybe if we weren’t mitigating but we are, and the models/forecasts made by professional scientists and doctors all point towards a peak in roughly 2 weeks with social distancing and lockdowns lasting until the end of April.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad