Providence Bruins General Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Old friend, Conor Clifton, with his first goal of the season in the third. Not enough, unfortunately, to prevent a 3-2 Belleville win.
Zach S. With the third star.

Reactions: TCB

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Another for Senyshyn:

Good for Seny. Hope he keeps it rolling. Maybe we’ll see him soon?.....

But man did Hughes make that center look like a fool! And that sauce. Woof!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Seny ggoal

Not to take anything away from Senyshyn, but that play was 80% Hughes. Nifty forward/step around win off the draw and then a sweet saucer pass to AS for the finish.

Liked Hughes when I watched him at Wisconsin, but wasn’t sure what he would be like as a pro. What do the people who watch PRO think his upside is?

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Not to take anything away from Senyshyn, but that play was 80% Hughes. Nifty forward/step around win off the draw and then a sweet saucer pass to AS for the finish.

Liked Hughes when I watched him at Wisconsin, but wasn’t sure what he would be like as a pro. What do the people who watch PRO think his upside is?

I thought he was the best player on the ice against TO.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I thought he was the best player on the ice against TO.

I appreciate the response, but that’s one game.

I haven’t seen Hughes as a pro. Curious what someone who’s seen a bigger sample size thinks?

That isn’t always foolproof either. A guy like Conor Sheary was good at UMass and good in the AHL, but I didn’t see him having the success he has at the NHL level.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

I haven’t seen Hughes as a pro. Curious what someone who’s seen a bigger sample size thinks?

That isn’t always foolproof either. A guy like Conor Sheary was good at UMass and good in the AHL, but I didn’t see him having the success he has at the NHL level.

Agreed...liked what I saw in Buffalo as well. He plays big and very aggressive on the PK. Just like the idea that he can play a number of roles and bring some o.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Terrific play from Hughes indeed, still like the highlights I have seen when Seny goals occur, seems to be a guy who understands the importance of going to the net, stick on the ice etc... could be wrong as I literally only see what`s posted here from PB land but am I correct in saying he`s a guy willing to go to the not so fun areas in the offensive zone and take some punishment?

Either way, nice to see the kid burying some goals

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

i gotta be honest, i didn't think he had much of a chance to play in the NHL.
and haven't seen enough of him this year to comment on his upside, but the
stats are good, and he seems to be involved a lot. would love to hear divver's
thoughts on hughes.

Reactions: Tampbear

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hughes is interesting because of course Wisconsin was AWFUL when he got there, and for most of his college career he didn't exactly get to play with future NHL linemates. . He did get some time with Larkin, and Frederick his Jr year, and then as a Senior he was asked to lead a line on his own.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

You are right with Hughes making that play but Senyshyn going to the net, stick ready is a good sign. If he continues to do this, creates screens and use his speed effectively he could become an effective third liner with very good size and speed. Looking at the right side in a year or two you still have Pastrnak and now maybe Senyshyn gives you a good option on the third line. If Frederic can play third line you have two big players who hopefully play physical (not sure if Senyshyn is adding this dimension to his game or not) with offensive upside.

A long way from curing all that ills the parent club but still improvements.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So what is the deal, if Bakos goes on waivers from Providence, I get that other teams could pick him up for free, but if he clears, what then? Does he get assigned to the ECHL? Bought out/mutual termination of contract? Stay with the P-Bruins? I would guess this is Bakos' ask so he could potentially get a shot with a team that could use him in the NHL.

BruinsNetwork

You are right with Hughes making that play but Senyshyn going to the net, stick ready is a good sign. If he continues to do this, creates screens and use his speed effectively he could become an effective third liner with very good size and speed. Looking at the right side in a year or two you still have Pastrnak and now maybe Senyshyn gives you a good option on the third line. If Frederic can play third line you have two big players who hopefully play physical (not sure if Senyshyn is adding this dimension to his game or not) with offensive upside.

A long way from curing all that ills the parent club but still improvements.

Why is Senyshyn “maybe” a third-line player and not anything more?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So what is the deal, if Bakos goes on waivers from Providence, I get that other teams could pick him up for free, but if he clears, what then? Does he get assigned to the ECHL? Bought out/mutual termination of contract? Stay with the P-Bruins? I would guess this is Bakos' ask so he could potentially get a shot with a team that could use him in the NHL.

Waivers (NHL) - Wikipedia

Unconditional Waivers means he is free to go anywhere he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad