Providence Bruins General Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Oh look, another injury... and yikes, another concussion maybe?

BruinsNetwork

Oh look, another injury... and yikes, another concussion maybe?

Watched that on the stream and really didn’t like that hit. Wasn’t the most egregious thing I’ve seen, but should have been seen and received a minor at least.

Poor Zboril, I hope it’s not a concussion and it’s just precautionary that he’s taking tomorrow off. He’s been on the receiving end of some nasty and questionable hits so far. This is a tough draw for a kid who was playing well, especially after returning from Boston.

Reactions: FanSince72

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
What is with these over the hill ex-NHL players with the bad hits on young players. A couple of weeks ago Bernier did the same to Frederic. Seems to happen a lot in the AHL?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What is with these over the hill ex-NHL players with the bad hits on young players. A couple of weeks ago Bernier did the same to Frederic. Seems to happen a lot in the AHL?

Pretty much, that is the AHL. It's a tough league- solid prospects and then a bunch of guys fighting like hell to carve out or keep a careers in hockey. I don't know if this would ever happen, but it would be interesting to see two AHL level leagues- not like the old AHL/IHL thing, but one a U-23 league, like some of the reserve leagues in pro soccer for the higher tier prospects, the other the old school AHL for the depth guys, marginal players, long-shots, late rounders, walk-ons etc.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Wasn’t late, but I think it was worthy of a minor for boarding.
I'm watching it on a phone so I could be missing something but the only thing I see that raises suspicion is possibly Smith hits him with his forearm/elbow in the head on the follow through

BruinsNetwork

We desperately need his speed. He may hurt us defensively/away from the puck but I honestly think we need to take a look at him for his speed/scoring.

I’d actually say that one of his strengths this year has been his two-way ability and what he’s doing away from the puck. He’s looking like he did in Y2 on the Hounds— constantly moving around to make himself available or open for shots and then breakouts in his own zone. He’ll make meaningful contact with players away from the puck too.

Reactions: TwineTickler

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I’d actually say that one of his strengths this year has been his two-way ability and what he’s doing away from the puck. He’s looking like he did in Y2 on the Hounds— constantly moving around to make himself available or open for shots and then breakouts in his own zone. He’ll make meaningful contact with players away from the puck too.

If that's the case I don't understand why he's not up. We need that speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad