Providence Bruins General Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Period 1
Was pretty competitive
First goal against, Vladar made the save and rebound went to the slot and basically poor back checking by the forwards and poor awareness by the D.
Second goal, Providence on the PP,Vaakanainen doesn't hit the net,Zboril caught in deep,transition, 2 on 1,goal...
Second period up next!

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Period 2
A few solid shifts to start the 2nd but nothing dangerous
3rd Harford goal,scramble in front of goal,Providence D doesn't clear the crease,weak on the stick and its knocked in.
Blidh had a fight
Zboril having an off game so far
Senyshyn and Fitzgerald best forwards
Cehlarik a non factor
On to the 3rd!

Reactions: Strafer

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
The 3rd
Again Providence starts well,crashing the net,buzzing around but it doesn't last,game calms down for a bit and...
4th Hartford goal,wristshot from about 25ft out,Vladar was partially screened and it was a decent shot.
4-1 on the PP Senyshyn buries a lovely feed from Fitzgerald, secondary assist to Peter "The Ghost" Cehlarik
4-2 18 seconds later Cave scores on a 2 on 1,assist to Blidh and Fyten
4-3 Blidh,nice vision from JFK, Cave with other assist
With seconds left JFK wins the draw but the defenseman went the wrong way and that's the game.
Overall Vladar played well,team defense was poor
The Cave line is Providence's hardest working group, they've earned their ice time.
Vaakanainen played a ton again ,PK,PP hes always out there,was stronger Friday night though
Zboril I think is trying to do too much
Lauzon on the other hand has kept it simple and looks good.
Nice bounce back game by Senyshyn .
Through 4 games this team has been consistently inconsistent
I'll be back for the game at 305 today

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Completely understand your point. Where I am coming from right now is improving the NHL roster, because IMO, we need to be legit contenders and put our best foot forward this year and next. Bergy is 33... still looks amazing, but he's 33. Krejci, is 32 and not looking amazing, so we already have a deficiency at 2nd C if you ask me and I don't see it magically getting better. The time to act is now. We are not going to resign Krug in 2 years, so why not maximize his trade value and move him as the key piece in a deal? We have a gluttony of B- to A- forward prospects. There isn't room for all of them. So you include two of them in a deal. Sweeney is in the envious position to put together a significant package to get something we could desperately need that will help us now and going forward, without completely emptying the cupboard because it's so stacked. That's my view point on the situation.
You have more faith in them making a trade than I do. I would rather go the retool way.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The 3rd
Again Providence starts well,crashing the net,buzzing around but it doesn't last,game calms down for a bit and...
4th Hartford goal,wristshot from about 25ft out,Vladar was partially screened and it was a decent shot.
4-1 on the PP Senyshyn buries a lovely feed from Fitzgerald, secondary assist to Peter "The Ghost" Cehlarik
4-2 18 seconds later Cave scores on a 2 on 1,assist to Blidh and Fyten
4-3 Blidh,nice vision from JFK, Cave with other assist
With seconds left JFK wins the draw but the defenseman went the wrong way and that's the game.
Overall Vladar played well,team defense was poor
The Cave line is Providence's hardest working group, they've earned their ice time.
Vaakanainen played a ton again ,PK,PP hes always out there,was stronger Friday night though
Zboril I think is trying to do too much
Lauzon on the other hand has kept it simple and looks good.
Nice bounce back game by Senyshyn .
Through 4 games this team has been consistently inconsistent
I'll be back for the game at 305 today

Thank you for sharing. Hoping Cehlarik isn't on a bad play tailspin playing a little disappointed and discouraged. Got keep the mojo going C!

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
3 games in 3 days so the usual slow paced ragged play
Some good stuff though
Hughes very active
Cave a great defensive play on the PK,5 on 3,breaks his stick and somehow dives at the right time separating the puck from the player and gloves it out
Vaakanainen is at a different level,they cant keep him here all season
I'm puzzled with Lauzon sitting,if they say its performance related than I probably should stop commenting on hockey

Reactions: Strafer

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Senyshyn looks like a totally different player this year. It's not just a matter of him playing with skilled players. His body language and confidence are totally on a new level.

Springfield announcers are brutal. You could get just as much insight if you hand the headsets over to a couple of guys drinking beer in the crowd.

Springfield ties it up early in the second. Looks like a lack of communication between Frederick and his D on that one.

Wait, it's 3-1 all of a sudden...

Breen vs. Turgeron after a hit on Senyshyn. Breen throws more and lands a little better than his opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: DKH

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
3-2 after 2
Not to hit the panic button but haven't seen Vaakanainen on the ice in a while..
Blidh,Cave Senyshyn decent period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad