Providence Bruins General Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Vaakanainen absolutely can play in the NHL right now,he'll be the guy the other GMs target,excels in all areas,biggest issue offensively for the team is they have zero patience and force passes all over the place, Vaakanainen very calm,takes his time,if the play isn't on he just creates space for himself ,dishes it off ,makes it look easy.

Swartz got hurt,probably wont play tomorrow
Senyshyn was flying in the first,took the second and most of the 3rd off,disappointing..

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

He's an NHLer right now. I honestly think Donnie needs to make room for him. After Krug is back for a couple of weeks I expect a trade, especially if the first line is only line really doing anything still. With all the solid forward prospects, Urho deserving to be playing, and the fact that we could sorely use a true top 6 winger instead of forcing a kid there too early etc.... it just has to happen. Makes too much sense. Only problem is that he is 5th on the depth chart.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

One thing I like with him in Providence is he is for the first time in years playing at a lower level where he can actually potentially start really developing the offensive side of his game . Obviously playing in the top league in Sweden as an 18, he played a safe no mistake game. And yes he probably could play that game in the NHL right now. But maybe letting him play down there, focusing a bit more on his offense, and being told to take chances can help him become a better player

Reactions: Saxon Eric

joujou

Jul 23, 2017
One thing I like with him in Providence is he is for the first time in years playing at a lower level where he can actually potentially start really developing the offensive side of his game . Obviously playing in the top league in Sweden as an 18, he played a safe no mistake game. And yes he probably could play that game in the NHL right now. But maybe letting him play down there, focusing a bit more on his offense, and being told to take chances can help him become a better player

Finland top league not Sweden, but I also think that it's good for him to play big role in AHL to development his game.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He's an NHLer right now. I honestly think Donnie needs to make room for him. After Krug is back for a couple of weeks I expect a trade, especially if the first line is only line really doing anything still. With all the solid forward prospects, Urho deserving to be playing, and the fact that we could sorely use a true top 6 winger instead of forcing a kid there too early etc.... it just has to happen. Makes too much sense. Only problem is that he is 5th on the depth chart.

why not continue to allow him to get loads of minutes in Providence? I liked him and believe also he`s NHL ready but being NHL ready does not necessarily mean his game is complete, there will be aspects of his game that at some point, at the NHL level will get exposed at times.

The B`s have a cupboard full of D right now, I`ve long been a big believer when you have the luxury of time with prospects, use it. I understand this might be frustrating but if you are looking long term, I see no reason to push him up to the NHL quite yet regardless if he is ready for prime time

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
why not continue to allow him to get loads of minutes in Providence? I liked him and believe also he`s NHL ready but being NHL ready does not necessarily mean his game is complete, there will be aspects of his game that at some point, at the NHL level will get exposed at times.

The B`s have a cupboard full of D right now, I`ve long been a big believer when you have the luxury of time with prospects, use it. I understand this might be frustrating but if you are looking long term, I see no reason to push him up to the NHL quite yet regardless if he is ready for prime time

Completely understand your point. Where I am coming from right now is improving the NHL roster, because IMO, we need to be legit contenders and put our best foot forward this year and next. Bergy is 33... still looks amazing, but he's 33. Krejci, is 32 and not looking amazing, so we already have a deficiency at 2nd C if you ask me and I don't see it magically getting better. The time to act is now. We are not going to resign Krug in 2 years, so why not maximize his trade value and move him as the key piece in a deal? We have a gluttony of B- to A- forward prospects. There isn't room for all of them. So you include two of them in a deal. Sweeney is in the envious position to put together a significant package to get something we could desperately need that will help us now and going forward, without completely emptying the cupboard because it's so stacked. That's my view point on the situation.

Reactions: Strafer

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
How has JFK looked to start the year? It would be great to see him become our 3rd line center in the second half

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Lines from Saturdays loss
Hughes JFK McNeill
Fitz Frederic Kuhlman
Blidh Cave Fyten
Cehlarik Pond Senyshyn

Vaakanainen Goloubef
Zboril Lauzon
Breen Clifton
Vladar
Didn't watch live,but I'm watching now

Reactions: Blowfish

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
From what i've seen in the preseason, reports from various posters here and discussions; i also believe that he should load up on top minutes in Providence, gain more experience, work on offense. We can call him up if we need to, injuries, but i wouldn't rush him.

But maybe i am wrong and he's ready, B stuff knows best.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Lines from Saturdays loss
Hughes JFK McNeill
Fitz Frederic Kuhlman
Blidh Cave Fyten
Cehlarik Pond Senyshyn

Vaakanainen Goloubef
Zboril Lauzon
Breen Clifton
Vladar
Didn't watch live,but I'm watching now

A Bakos and Gabby will help....but who comes out? Interested on your Cehlarik take? Does it look like a lack of effort? What a weird combo of players. Why no Sherman? Vladar with such a great camp, what the heck happened this game? Harford that good?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad