Providence Bruins General Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

"– Jakub Zboril had a brutal weekend: on the ice for all three goals against Friday night and two each Saturday and Sunday. Of all the turnovers caused by Bruins defensemen, his were some of the worst. His outlet passes more often than not became scoring chances against.

– After posting a respectable win in overtime Friday, Zane McIntyre reverted to a puddle in the crease Sunday afternoon. While the defensive breakdowns in front of him were not his fault, several times he over-committed to one save. This anchored him to one spot in the crease, unable to make a follow-up save."

Uh Oh, specifically with Zboril.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
"– Jakub Zboril had a brutal weekend: on the ice for all three goals against Friday night and two each Saturday and Sunday. Of all the turnovers caused by Bruins defensemen, his were some of the worst. His outlet passes more often than not became scoring chances against.

– After posting a respectable win in overtime Friday, Zane McIntyre reverted to a puddle in the crease Sunday afternoon. While the defensive breakdowns in front of him were not his fault, several times he over-committed to one save. This anchored him to one spot in the crease, unable to make a follow-up save."

Uh Oh, specifically with Zboril.
I texted my bud that's on here,my exact quote was Zboril is failing apart right before my eyes

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Heard he's good friends with Koko. He has some good KHL stats.
Also a good friend of Pastrnak, as I have read.

He's apparently had some trouble adjusting to NA rinks and NHL style of play. Perhaps playing with Cehlarik and Bakos (Slovak) will make him feel at ease. He' been very productive with Metallourg in the KHL.

Reactions: Blowfish

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Overall everyone things he was productive because of playing with Mozyakin, but he might be a call up for B's some day, is that possible if you don't have a contract with the B's?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
and then clear wavers again?

That's what I thought, well at least he could be a good mentor for some of the young kids in Pro.

Not sure how that would work exactly. Players are waiver exempt for a year after their first pro game under an NHL contract according to this: Waivers FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
So it would seem that Kovar, if he signs with Boston would have a year of exemption?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

He's apparently had some trouble adjusting to NA rinks and NHL style of play. Perhaps playing with Cehlarik and Bakos (Slovak) will make him feel at ease. He' been very productive with Metallourg in the KHL.

Now this could be interesting....

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
News and notes from Divver for tonights game
Vladar starts
Bakos with Szwartz and Fitzgerald
Breen sick and Johansson upper body out
Sherman and Lauzon back in
Cehlarik a healthy scratch...

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
Cehlarik a healthy scratch...
im torn, on one hand he doesnt make the team goes down and plays sub par apparently not giving much effort doesnt say much for his character.. on the other hand, the whole front office repeatedly has said "inner competition is great, the best player plays no matter what," he goes out and , IMO, wins a wing spot for opening day, but instead gets thrown back to the ahl and watches other guys make the team . bjork. barely played in the preseason, donato didnt impress, but yet they are up there going in and out of the lineup.. id like to see this kid get another shot or else trade him because all they are doing now and mushing his trade value

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
im torn, on one hand he doesnt make the team goes down and plays sub par apparently not giving much effort doesnt say much for his character.. on the other hand, the whole front office repeatedly has said "inner competition is great, the best player plays no matter what," he goes out and , IMO, wins a wing spot for opening day, but instead gets thrown back to the ahl and watches other guys make the team . bjork. barely played in the preseason, donato didnt impress, but yet they are up there going in and out of the lineup.. id like to see this kid get another shot or else trade him because all they are doing now and mushing his trade value
People get to excited over young player movements so early in the season. This scratch may be due to Backes injury and they are thinking of calling him up for the Ottawa game and don’t want to risk injury. Also, even if we have opinions, I think the coaching staff and management have a better idea of who deserves to be playing over who, we may watch games on tv and some live but coaches and management are with the players and interact with them on a continuous basis, we as fans do not. This could also be a precaution because this player is getting traded or the Bs have have discussions with other teams about him and, again, don’t want to risk injury, who knows, not most of us for sure.

Reactions: FanSince72

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
People get to excited over young player movements so early in the season. This scratch may be due to Backes injury and they are thinking of calling him up for the Ottawa game and don’t want to risk injury. Also, even if we have opinions, I think the coaching staff and management have a better idea of who deserves to be playing over who, we may watch games on tv and some live but coaches and management are with the players and interact with them on a continuous basis, we as fans do not. This could also be a precaution because this player is getting traded or the Bs have have discussions with other teams about him and, again, don’t want to risk injury, who knows, not most of us for sure.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Kovar is an exceptionally smart player, but he doesn't have the best wheels nor is he physical. He will need to adjust his game to create time and space for himself on small ice, who, for a player pushing 30 y.o., isn't the easiest task.
He has NHL talent to work with, but I think it's a little too late for him. But who knows, maybe he will surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad