Providence Bruins General Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Losing Czarnik, Cross and Agostino playing a major factor on the poor results thus far?

They're very weak at LW. They try to balance the lines out to roll 4 but instead of having 2 really good lines, they end up with 4 mediocre ones. No ability by these players to create their own offense at this point. Winning low scoring games could be an option but the goaltending duo is average to below in this league and won't ever be a solution. Lot of perimeter play and lack of aggression in getting towards the net.

Now granted it's a developmental league so winning doesn't truly matter but a guy like Senyshyn for example just hasn't shown anything going on 80 pro games that he is developing to be what he is supposed to be. JFK and Frederic aren't the type of players who are going to pile up the points but even away from the puck they just seem to be going through the motions right now.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
How much is this coaching?
Little early to make that call. They liked the job Leach did last year, but he had some very top end AHL guys in Czarnik, Agostino, Binnington and Cross that carried that team.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I can appreciate these kids making mistakes here and there but their special teams is terrible, makes you wonder if they spent much time on it
McIntyre has zero confidence and looks completely lost. There seems to be no cohesiveness among any of the lines. Hopefully they can turn things around or it will appear we have overvalued some of these players.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
How are you guys seeing the Providence B's games? Are you going there in person or is it online? I would love to be watching these games regardless of the wins/losses.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
How are you guys seeing the Providence B's games? Are you going there in person or is it online? I would love to be watching these games regardless of the wins/losses.
You can sign up on the AHL website and pay a yearly subscription to see all AHL games on line. It is $59 for team pass of your choice or $79 to watch all games.

Reactions: TCB and Strafer

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island

I bought the team pack home and away on AHL TV. Hard to find "other" ways to watch the games the past couple years and I don't go to live games that much anymore for various reason so I just bit the bullet and got it. Picture quality varies greatly by arena, sound only comes out the left side of my headphones and Providence has no home announcer but for a less than a dollar a game I guess it's not too bad. Have heard people having major issues on Roku and such though.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
You can sign up on the AHL website and pay a yearly subscription to see all AHL games on line. It is $59 for team pass of your choice or $79 to watch all games.

I bought the team pack home and away on AHL TV. Hard to find "other" ways to watch the games the past couple years and I don't go to live games that much anymore for various reason so I just bit the bullet and got it. Picture quality varies greatly by arena, sound only comes out the left side of my headphones and Providence has no home announcer but for a less than a dollar a game I guess it's not too bad. Have heard people having major issues on Roku and such though.

Thanks, I may check these out.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
HF west, Edmonton radio guy calling out the Wagner hit in the same tweet as the Matheson hit. Don't know why a guy should have to fight after a clean hit on the toughest guy (JJ) on the opposing team.

Bob Stauffer
@Bob_Stauffer
Cheap finishing move by Matheson. Suspension worthy IMO.
No accountability today!
The Chris Wagner's run around and blow up guys, get challenged. Has gloves cemented on.
20 years ago Dallas Drake crushed guys with similar hits. Knew he had to take the fight!

Hockey Night in Canada @HockeyNight
Phone hearing set for Panthers' Matheson after hit on Canucks' Pettersson: report buff.ly/2CISu8p
Show this thread
12:39pm · 14 Oct 2018 · Twitter for iPhone

Drunkenfish

Oct 1, 2018
HF west, Edmonton radio guy calling out the Wagner hit in the same tweet as the Matheson hit. Don't know why a guy should have to fight after a clean hit on the toughest guy (JJ) on the opposing team.

Bob Stauffer
@Bob_Stauffer
Cheap finishing move by Matheson. Suspension worthy IMO.
No accountability today!
The Chris Wagner's run around and blow up guys, get challenged. Has gloves cemented on.
20 years ago Dallas Drake crushed guys with similar hits. Knew he had to take the fight!

Hockey Night in Canada @HockeyNight
Phone hearing set for Panthers' Matheson after hit on Canucks' Pettersson: report buff.ly/2CISu8p
Show this thread
12:39pm · 14 Oct 2018 · Twitter for iPhone
Bob Hot Stuffer!! Chicken parmigiano or italian sausage. Hot stuf is like another cheap pizza pocket in Canada so a great comparison to this clown that doesnt know hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad