General COVID-19 Talk #3 NHL Qualifiers begin August 1 MOD Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Rules for thee, but not for me. Like Newsome heading to his in laws ranch in Montana this last weekend. I would have hoped that he self quarantined there for 2 weeks like he would have required everyone else to do, but not likely.

Reactions: Schrute farms

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Rules for thee, but not for me. Like Newsome heading to his in laws ranch in Montana this last weekend. I would have hoped that he self quarantined there for 2 weeks like he would have required everyone else to do, but not likely.
Californians are getting the government they deserve. How many private gym owners in the area voted for London Breed? Gavin Newsom?

Did they even bother to vote for city council members?

The goalposts have been moved multiple times. Anyone remember not overrunning the hospitals? Bending the curve?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2020-9-9_12-39-4.png

New cases are up slightly from yesterday (151) but testing is more than double
Hospitalization down again today - down from 242 yesterday
ICU also down, the count was 70 yesterday
Only 2.8 % positive tests today

upload_2020-9-9_12-46-17.png

OC is in the red tier, quickly heading for the orange

Rolling 7 day death average
9- Wed
3-Tues
0-Mon
2-Sun
9-Sat
24-Fri
11- Thu

a 9 replaced a 19 so the average drops to 8.28

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2020-9-10_12-52-7.png

Cases up slightly from yesterday with about 900 less tests reported but only 4.7% positive today
Hospitalization up from 234 yesterday
ICU increased from 62 yesterday

Rolling 7 day

9-Thu
9- Wed
3-Tues
0-Mon
2-Sun
9-Sat
24-Fri

a 9 replaced an 11 so the average drops to 8.0

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Californians are getting the government they deserve.

While i generally agree with you, the reality is that there is not exactly many (if any) better options. It's fool to the left vs. fool to the right. Both taking extreme, ridiculous stances to try to prove a (usually worthless) point and how much the other is wrong (or deceive the public). All with the goal for getting elected. You are kidding yourself if you believe that politicians truly give a crap about you. Oh dang, sorry, i forgot the good rule in this topic (but in my defense, I am speaking equally bad about both/all political sides and without favoritism...lol).

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
While i generally agree with you, the reality is that there is not exactly many (if any) better options. It's fool to the left vs. fool to the right. Both taking extreme, ridiculous stances to try to prove a (usually worthless) point and how much the other is wrong (or deceive the public). All with the goal for getting elected. You are kidding yourself if you believe that politicians truly give a crap about you. Oh dang, sorry, i forgot the good rule in this topic (but in my defense, I am speaking equally bad about both/all political sides and without favoritism...lol).
There is no fool to the right in California state government, or in local governments. This is one of the results of the open primary system.

Token

May 15, 2019
Nevada is real nice.

Low taxes, lots of space to stretch out, real gasoline without the silly ethanol, gambling, brothels ...

It’s the hip place to be.

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
There is no fool to the right in California state government, or in local governments. This is one of the results of the open primary system.
IDK what you're talking about my friend. My CA district, and the voted in politicians, are 'right' political party wise. I guarantee you -- fools abound.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
IDK what you're talking about my friend. My CA district, and the voted in politicians, are 'right' political party wise. I guarantee you -- fools abound.
You don't know that in almost every district in California state government it's two Democrats running in the general election, and no one else?

You don't know the Democrats have a super majority in the State Legislature?

I think you better go check out the CA Secretary of State website. California is a one-party state.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
There are 17,000 fans watching the NFL game between the Chiefs and Texans tonight.

Does Kansas City have a lower rate of hospitalizations than Los Angeles? Sincerely doubt the folks attending an NFL game in LA would be among those most likely to be infected, but we all know an outdoor stadium with attendance in the range of 25% of capacity might create a huge spike in the number of hospitalizations and deaths in LA and surrounding counties. Because you know "science and data".

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Listen to LA County Public Health Director Dr. Barbara Ferrer as she speaks to school nurses, school administrators and other school officials, etc. The recording of her voice starts approximately 1:55 into the audio.

A very good question was asked, "What does reopening the schools have to do with the election?"

Reactions: tny760

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2020-9-11_13-6-22.png

Cases down from 281 yesterday
1.9% positive tests today
Hospitalization dropped from 239 yesterday
ICU crept up 1 from 64

12-Fri
9-Thu
9- Wed
3-Tues
0-Mon
2-Sun
9-Sat

a 12 replaced an 24 so the average drops to 6.285

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
You don't know that in almost every district in California state government it's two Democrats running in the general election, and no one else?

You don't know the Democrats have a super majority in the State Legislature?

I think you better go check out the CA Secretary of State website. California is a one-party state.

The reality is that while our state's Dems leave a lot to be desired, the GOP by comparison is just a joke.

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
It's like people who ignore that their kid is a monster and always blame the kids friends & neighbors kids. Just because it's YOUR kid doesn't mean he's infallible. No -- your kid is also a little freaking twat, people. He might not be as bad, but he's still a twat (he could actually be even worse).

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
It's like people who ignore that their kid is a monster and always blame the kids friends & neighbors kids. Just because it's YOUR kid doesn't mean he's infallible. No -- your kid is also a little freaking twat, people. He might not be as bad, but he's still a twat (he could actually be even worse).
Wait, how do you know my kid?

Reactions: Schrute farms

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2020-9-14_12-43-17.png

0 deaths for two days in a row! I can't remember when that last happened

1.19 % positive tests today
Hospitalization down big from Friday- was 223
ICU down from 65 on Friday

0-Mon
0-Sun
12-Sat
12-Fri
9-Thu
9- Wed
3-Tues

The average is down to 6.42

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's really beyond disappointing that SNF deaths are still so inflated after 6 months +.

I guess it's representative of how dumb our collective response is but still, that's a pretty specific flashpoint that's long deserved focused attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad