General COVID-19 Talk #3 NHL Qualifiers begin August 1 MOD Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
That's why i say that both sides are full of it and worthless. It's all about selling to voters to get elected / re-elected and growing power. Not about true change and helping out the people.

BTW, i agree with the comment made about actions being important (louder than words). However, as a leader of something, you lead the masses by your words. That's where Ronald Reagan was so great -- he lead the nation with his words and confidence (not misleading....but confidence to believe that we are actually great).

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2020-9-18_12-43-6.png

2.04 % positives today
Hospitalizations down from 201 yesterday
ICU Unchanged

How can we not feel good with this news?

Rolling 7 day death average
8-Friday
4- Thurs
6-Wed
12-Tues
0-Mon
0-Sun
12-Sat

A 8 replaces a 12 so the average drops again to 6.0

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
i'd like to see this same argument equally applied to people like cuomo, deblasio and pelosi, that's my thing

certain folks are ready and willing to dump it on trump while willfully ignoring pelosi telling folks to continue tourism to chinatown and cuomo/deblasio not even requiring masks on the MTA until what, nearly may?

the effusive "trust the science" people could stand to direct some anger towards their side of the aisle's failures as well

My message is not partisan. You're assuming that.

It's why at the end of my post I said "Maybe even more so because all the agencies and people empowered can't get on board with a consistent message." The whole leadership thing is getting flushed by everyone, whether it's by actions, words, or example. Systematic failure from top to bottom. I was only responding above to the idea that there was an effective federal response. There wasn't. That's doesn't mean they're the only ones with fault either though.

I don't know about revisionism. In a tweet on January 14, the WHO was still telling the world the virus couldn't be transmitted from human to human.

Did someone know different? I don't know. Should they have suspected something different? Yes.

I agree, see above. What I'm saying is acting like Trump had it together and was only acting to save everyone from panic and that his actions were vital is revisionist. That response left a lot to be desired. Everyone sucked. Everyone for the most part still sucks and no one is coming to save us.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Number are most definitely trending down here. There was no real Labor Day spike as feared. On another note, I finally know someone who has COVID. My niece, who went back to grad school in Utah, where folks are just reckless with distancing and mask protocols. Caught from a half-ass mask wearing classmate during a group meeting session indoors. Just cold symptoms so far for her. Her fiance had headaches for 1 day and that was it. They're 7 days in.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Number are most definitely trending down here. There was no real Labor Day spike as feared. On another note, I finally know someone who has COVID. My niece, who went back to grad school in Utah, where folks are just reckless with distancing and mask protocols. Caught from a half-ass mask wearing classmate during a group meeting session indoors. Just cold symptoms so far for her. Her fiance had headaches for 1 day and that was it. They're 7 days in.
hopefully the symptoms stay that mild

Today is the 2 week mark from Labor Day so we should be a Matthew McConaughey level of cool
matthew-mcconaughey-allright-allright-dazed-and-cofused-gif.gif

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
hopefully the symptoms stay that mild

Today is the 2 week mark from Labor Day so we should be a Matthew McConaughey level of cool
matthew-mcconaughey-allright-allright-dazed-and-cofused-gif.gif

Yeah, we hope so. Of course, the idiot suspected she might have it, but went ahead and exposed her classmates anyway. Then found out a few days later and informed them all of the positive test result. Common sense is in short supply in 2020.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2020-9-22_13-8-10.png

Man those deaths
All of the other metrics look good though

2.58% positive tests today
Hospitalization down from 178 yesterday
ICU down from 64 yesterday

Rolling 7 day death average

22-Tues
0-Mon
1-Sun
4-Sat
8-Friday
4- Thurs
6-Wed

a 22 replaced a 12, so the average rises to 6.42

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2020-9-23_12-54-7.png

Second day in a row of completely disproportionate deaths.
All I can say is

It might be time for a @HeadInjury update

The metrics look pretty good outside of the deaths
2.7% positive tests today
Hospitalization up from 170 yesterday
ICU down from 55, likely from the high death count

Rolling 7 day

26-Wed
22-Tues
0-Mon
1-Sun
4-Sat
8-Friday
4- Thurs

a 26 replaced a 6, so the average jumps to 9.28

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
We just qualified for t2, things will be loosening up in a few weeks. Sometimes deaths take a while to investigate, so I am guessing the bigger numbers are just a byproduct of those days with less than 2 deaths. That's why they do the 7-day rolling.

I'm at a school of a little over 2K, and not a lot of students are out with exposure. There are only about 500 on campus at any one time, and I would say maybe 30 out of the 2200 or so are remote learning because of something related to COVID. In many of those cases they have an older sibling in college that was living it up and got infected. One of them had me laughing about how pissed his mom was that they all had to sit in the house for 2 more weeks because his college brother couldn't keep his ass out of the bar.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
We just qualified for t2, things will be loosening up in a few weeks.

Sometimes deaths take a while to investigate, so I am guessing the bigger numbers are just a byproduct of those days with less than 2 deaths. That's why they do the 7-day rolling.
Good point

on a side note, it is cool if we make this your theme song?

Reactions: Fishhead

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Remembering that my daily updates are the date reported, this chart is the day the deaths happened.

Damn

SNF deaths are in there too

That jump is non SNF deaths from early June to late August was the "it ain't real phase" and the influx of patients from Mexico.
Notice that the SNF deaths really dipped during this period. It's like they managed to keep it out and then

The-Shining-008.jpg

And the deaths spiked back up

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Man that might be the lowest positive test number I can remember
0.99 % positive tests today

Hospitalization down from 175 yesterday
ICU cases down from 51 yesterday

Rolling 7 day average
6-Thurs
26-Wed
22-Tues
0-Mon
1-Sun
4-Sat
8-Friday

A 6 replaced a 4 so a slight increase to 9.57

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Those deaths again

upload_2020-9-25_13-52-14.png

Everything else looks good

3.2% positive tests today
Hospitalization down from 168 yesterday
but ICU climbed up to 50 from 42

Rolling 7 day

Rolling 7 day average
22-Fri
6-Thurs
26-Wed
22-Tues
0-Mon
1-Sun
4-Sat

A 22 replaced a 8 so it climbs to 11.57

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Everything else looks good

3.2% positive tests today
Hospitalization down from 168 yesterday
but ICU climbed up to 50 from 42

Rolling 7 day

Rolling 7 day average
22-Fri
6-Thurs
26-Wed
22-Tues
0-Mon
1-Sun
4-Sat

A 22 replaced a 8 so it climbs to 11.57

Monday was 14 days after Labor Day. Not a huge surprise to see some numbers jump. What we see in the next two weeks will tell us if it's a holiday blip or a sign of increasing infections. If the spike is holiday related and temporary, we're going to be in really good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad