General COVID-19 Talk #3 NHL Qualifiers begin August 1 MOD Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Look at this, some friendly help from the OC Health page!
upload_2020-12-9_13-0-6.png

upload_2020-12-9_13-1-21.png

I am pretty sure this is the highest number of daily positive cases since we have been doing this

16.7% positive tests today

Hospitalization shot up again from 946 yesterday

tenor.gif

ICU only up 1 from yesterday

Wed:0
Tues:0
Mon:0
Sun:15
Sat:15
Fri:17
Thu:8

The avg dropped to 7.85714285714

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I was more thinking in terms of how the "how are we going to pay for THAT" crowd in similar manner took funds disproportionately, they mostly went to bigger businesses/insiders who knew what was coming, to say nothing of the bailouts which saw companies shorting their own stocks before laying off their employees. The trickle down that never happens while the commoners suffer. Was really just furthering the ongoing point that no one is looking out for us on any level, it's not monopolized by one party or entity (federal vs. state.)

I agree with you on equity injections and if it's there, may as well get your slice, it's good business--but as always, it more often than not went to the 'wants' rather than the 'needs.'

The sooner everyone understands that nobody on either side of the aisle cares about anything but their own self-interests, the better off everyone will be.

I watch the election coverage and subsequent celebration or rallies and can only think to myself: imagine buying a flag or t-shirt for either candidate for president and, even worse, having your identity defined so much by any politician or political party. Just imagine thinking that Trump or Biden cares about you and is going to change your life. Call me a cynic but the proof is in the pudding.

Saw something online the other day that went something like this...thought it was spot on:

Republican Party: Eat shit and die
Democratic Party: Eat shit and die with performances from Beyonce and John Legend

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The sooner everyone understands that nobody on either side of the aisle cares about anything but their own self-interests, the better off everyone will be.

I watch the election coverage and subsequent celebration or rallies and can only think to myself: imagine buying a flag or t-shirt for either candidate for president and, even worse, having your identity defined so much by any politician or political party. Just imagine thinking that Trump or Biden cares about you and is going to change your life. Call me a cynic but the proof is in the pudding.

Saw something online the other day that went something like this...thought it was spot on:

Democratic Party: Eat shit and die with performances from Beyonce and John Legend

Legit spit out my drink

I think I've said that a lot this year--if the first words out of your mouth are your political affiliation (no matter what it is), we probably won't get along. If you've hitched your identity so hard to a modern political party that your first judgment is so arbitrary we aren't going to have a lot in common. It's even worse these days. I can understand a commitment to certain values, which is what me and my buddies have beers over, but I cannot understand such an overriding and lifelong commitment to a party that at best only partially represents those interests or values, or even worse, a particular politician. Or any human, really. I don't think you're cynical. I think that's realistic. People are diverse, not binary red/blue, that's an injustice to everyone, and the rah rah sports-style team-picking and rallying isn't good for anyone.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
When you're dead, you're dead for a long time.
Indeed. I just think it’s fascinating that The Beatles still have a following today as if they dropped their latest multi platinum album last month instead of being the broken up for half a century band they are.

Also unrelated, Dimebag Darrell was murdered on the same day as Lennon. This “fun” fact brought to you by the letters R I and P.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

RaymondReddington

Sep 21, 2020
Indeed. I just think it’s fascinating that The Beatles still have a following today as if they dropped their latest multi platinum album last month instead of being the broken up for half a century band they are.

Absolutely amazing, and sad, is that Mariah Carey is one #1 away from tying the Beatles.
How the hell is that possible??

Reactions: Bandit

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Also unrelated, Dimebag Darrell was murdered on the same day as Lennon. This “fun” fact brought to you by the letters R I and P.
Yeah, it shows the Beattles (especially Lennon and McCartney) had talent and their music is timeless.

BTW, George Harrison died at 58 from lung cancer two years after suffering a knife attack.

Murder attempts on two of the four, with one being successful.

Reactions: Bandit

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

Yea I always think the flag and shirt stuff is disturbing. Political fanaticism and extreme nationalism doesnt end well.

Reactions: BigKing

Nickster

Hockey is coming
Sponsor
Nov 5, 2017
Inland Empire
But also you're introducing liability onto Doctors who are not present at the site.
In times of "emergency" some of these rules can be and are relaxed. We are going to ram billions of dollars of vaccine into people's bodies with limited testing, AND the vaccine companies have been granted some immunity (pun intended) if not total immunity from liability. Will doctors be liable for these? We have public health programs that freely hand out pre-natal vitamins with little to no doctor intervention to pregnant women. Tylenol was the only recommendation I found on the "If you test positive" page of my local county website. I wasn't including that as a part of the therapeutic package.

Luckily tonic water is still widely available, and gin is still plentiful. I rarely post without it.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

The river of crud is wide and deep. As examples, Duncan Hunter and Eric Swalwell would be just scraping the scum off the surface.

Reactions: BigKing

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
As far as political parties are concerned, I think people need something to glom onto. Most people do not have any identity outside of their online world, they don't have a local Lions club or Kiwanis club, they don't have a church, or anything else that gives their lives meaning because they bought into consumerism and post modernism. So therefore they have the political party, which gives them meaning because their party is the one that is going to save the world and vanquish the bad guys. It's gotten so bad that even if there is a good idea whether it is left or right regarding the virus, foreign policy, etc, the opposite party and their acolytes won't even entertain it and that is bad for society as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad