9-Thu
9- Wed

A 12 replaced a 3, so the average rises to 7.71

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
I sure hope the yesterday's increase was just a one-day blip and is not the start of a post-labor day increase ala Memorial / July 4th.
Me too, but positive tests lead to hospitalization which lead to ICU which lead to deaths.
Assuming that nothing shady is going on , the positives have been too low so justify a spike.

yesterday was hopefully an anomaly....

which takes us to...

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
upload_2020-9-16_13-18-3.png

2.2 % positive tests today
Hospitalization went up 1 from 201 yesterday
ICU unchanged

Rolling 7 day death average
6-Wed
12-Tues
0-Mon
0-Sun
12-Sat
12-Fri
9-Thu

a 6 replaced a 9, so the average drops to 7.28

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Reactions: Lt Dan

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Politicians lied, and businesses died. Delaying a response to a legitimate question by hiding behind FOIA is gutless.

I think the most likely place for any virus to spread is when you are working or living in tight quarters, or the people you come in contact with every day are in those environments.

now thats a spicy meatball

inb4 every county is completely inundated by FOIAs

Reactions: KINGS17

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
More evidence of complete failure by the current administration:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/09/17/usps-trump-coronavirus-amazon-foia/

Before the news release was sent, however, the White House nixed the plan, according to senior administration officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to share internal deliberations. Instead, HHS created Project America Strong, a $675 million effort to distribute “reusable cotton face masks to critical infrastructure sectors, companies, healthcare facilities, and faith-based and community organizations across the country.” About 600 million of the 650 million masks ordered have been distributed, according to an HHS spokesperson, including 125 million set aside for schools.
There was concern from some in the White House Domestic Policy Council and the office of the vice president that households receiving masks might create concern or panic,” one administration official said in response to the scrapped mask plan.

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
And for those of you that push the narative that Trump just doesn't want a panic, ask yourself this. If a hurricane is coming, do you want them not telling you because you might insight a panic?

Reactions: KingsofLA

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I don't know where to put this, it's kinda between COVID and hockey, but I guess they are starting beer league in some parts of Canada, and it's weird.

Hope it's successful for you guys, and you enjoy yourselves.

I have a lot of fond memories of the guys I used to play with and against, and am still in touch with some of them.

I remember one of the nice guys, as a scrum broke out one time, shouting "Hey boys, fun and fellowship, fun and fellowship!" Everyone kind of stopped and had a little laugh. He was right though, that's really what beer leagues are all about.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
And for those of you that push the narative that Trump just doesn't want a panic, ask yourself this. If a hurricane is coming, do you want them not telling you because you might insight a panic?

do you feel better now?

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
Remember how hard it was to purchase toilet paper, face mask, bleach wipes, eggs, diapers, infant wipes ect? Imagine if he went full panic and how many more items would be added to this list especially with some meat companies having to close due to covid infections. He had to scale it down. Trump was ahead of Pelosi, Governor Cuomo, Biden ect. since they all criticized him for taking action of incoming flights from China and then to other countries. The task force with Pence went to hard hit places like Seattle and NY. He sent military medical ships to NY and LA. Turned CenturyLink Field into a medical facility. He asked the private sector for help and many did with productions of mask, ventilators, ect. Trumps actions speak for themselves.

And FYI, the country is very divided, so please don't take this an attack. Just a different point of view

Last edited:

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Remember how hard it was to purchase toilet paper, face mask, bleach wipes, eggs, diapers, infant wipes ect? Imagine if he went full panic and how many more items would be added to this list especially with some meat companies having to close due to covid infections. He had to scale it down. Trump was ahead of Pelosi, Governor Cuomo, Biden ect. since they all criticized him for taking action of incoming flights from China and then to other countries. The task force with Pence went to hard hit places like Seattle and NY. He sent military ships to NY and LA. Turned CenturyLink Field into a medical facility. He asked the private sector for help and many did with productions of mask, ventilators, ect. Trumps actions speak for themselves.

And FYI, the country is very divided, so please don't take this an attack. Just a different point of view

How dare you bring facts into a discussion.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Withholding information isn't a strategic response, especially when followed up with "it's just going to go away." That's not soothing panic; that's denial.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I don't know where to put this, it's kinda between COVID and hockey, but I guess they are starting beer league in some parts of Canada, and it's weird.

We're doing it down here, as well!

Have to get dressed in parking lot. Enter one door, exit the next. No spectators, temp check on entry, benches and rink sanitized between games. I'm sure I'm missing something but it's actually a lot smoother than I thought it would be and when you think of how many people would normally cross paths at a dual-rink facility in a normal night between 8 locker rooms, two rinks, snack bar/bar, spectators, etc--this has to reduce exposure massively. It's just two teams and refs and one staff member at any given time.

Reactions: Schrute farms

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Withholding information isn't a strategic response, especially when followed up with "it's just going to go away." That's not soothing panic; that's denial.
Depending on your political leanings, it's po-ta-to, po-tat-o. I tend to focus on the actions, and not the words. There was plenty of action being taken.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Depending on your political leanings, it's po-ta-to, po-tat-o. I tend to focus on the actions, and not the words. There was plenty of action being taken.

This is a little revisionist. There was some action being taken. Some I totally agree with and respect, like the military ship deployment. Yet, the devil is in the details. It took ages for medical professionals across the country to get appropriate PPE, and we started to run out again. We never mobilized the war production act for companies like 3M who were ready for it. We still suck royal ass at testing and tracing, arguably the biggest weakness. Big, visible actions are great, like boats and field hospitals, but if you're not supporting them with attention to detail like testing and equipping them with appropriate PPE, that's where the leadership vacuum sucked the hardest. And we are still in denial--this isn't about not stoking panic at this point. It's been six months and all of the above still applies. Maybe even more so because all the agencies and people empowered can't get on board with a consistent message.

Edit: hell even as we speak the CDC flipped again on testing asymptomatic contacts

Last edited:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'd like to see this same argument equally applied to people like cuomo, deblasio and pelosi, that's my thing

certain folks are ready and willing to dump it on trump while willfully ignoring pelosi telling folks to continue tourism to chinatown and cuomo/deblasio not even requiring masks on the MTA until what, nearly may?

the effusive "trust the science" people could stand to direct some anger towards their side of the aisle's failures as well

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
This is a little revisionist. There was some action being taken. Some I totally agree with and respect, like the military ship deployment. Yet, the devil is in the details. It took ages for medical professionals across the country to get appropriate PPE, and we started to run out again. We never mobilized the war production act for companies like 3M who were ready for it. We still suck royal ass at testing and tracing, arguably the biggest weakness. Big, visible actions are great, like boats and field hospitals, but if you're not supporting them with attention to detail like testing and equipping them with appropriate PPE, that's where the leadership vacuum sucked the hardest. And we are still in denial--this isn't about not stoking panic at this point. It's been six months and all of the above still applies. Maybe even more so because all the agencies and people empowered can't get on board with a consistent message.

Edit: hell even as we speak the CDC flipped again on testing asymptomatic contacts
I don't know about revisionism. In a tweet on January 14, the WHO was still telling the world the virus couldn't be transmitted from human to human.

Did someone know different? I don't know. Should they have suspected something different? Yes.

Reactions: Master Yoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->