Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Nebraska TE Arik Gilbert arrested on Burglary charge.

from si.com:

arik-gilbert-mug-shot-2023-arrest.webp

Nebraska tight end Arik Gilbert has been arrested after a burglary early Tuesday morning at a Lincoln vape shop.

Lincoln police say officers were sent to investigate a burglary at SJ’s Liquor and Vape Shop near 27th and O streets about 2 a.m. When officers arrived, they found a glass door had been shattered with large concrete chunks from the parking lot. Officers saw the intruder walking toward the exit carrying a bag.

They arrested Gilbert without incident. He was taken to the Lancaster County Jail and booked on suspicion of burglary.

The total value of the stolen items in the bag was $1,672 and included a variety of vape products, Delta 8, cigars and lighters. Damage to the business was approximately $650.

Gilbert, a 21-year-old transfer from Georgia, was still awaiting a waiver on his eligibility for the 2023 season. Head coach Matt Rhule is scheduled to speak later this morning.

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Nebraska TE Arik Gilbert arrested on Burglary charge.

from si.com:

arik-gilbert-mug-shot-2023-arrest.webp

Nebraska tight end Arik Gilbert has been arrested after a burglary early Tuesday morning at a Lincoln vape shop.

Lincoln police say officers were sent to investigate a burglary at SJ’s Liquor and Vape Shop near 27th and O streets about 2 a.m. When officers arrived, they found a glass door had been shattered with large concrete chunks from the parking lot. Officers saw the intruder walking toward the exit carrying a bag.

They arrested Gilbert without incident. He was taken to the Lancaster County Jail and booked on suspicion of burglary.

The total value of the stolen items in the bag was $1,672 and included a variety of vape products, Delta 8, cigars and lighters. Damage to the business was approximately $650.

Gilbert, a 21-year-old transfer from Georgia, was still awaiting a waiver on his eligibility for the 2023 season. Head coach Matt Rhule is scheduled to speak later this morning.

Digging deep now, I didn't even realize they still had a football program at Nebraska

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
What the hell is going on with Georgia players and driving infractions ???
And now it's carried over to the coaching staff. :thumbd:

from tsn.ca:

cq5dam.thumbnail.860.860.png

Georgia football coaching staff member Jarvis Jones was arrested on charges of reckless driving and speeding less than 24 hours before the two-time defending champion Bulldogs' season opener.

Jones, a former All-American linebacker at Georgia who played four seasons for the Pittsburgh Steelers, is the Bulldogs' player connection coordinator under coach Kirby Smart. Athens-Clarke County Police arrested Jones, Friday night, on misdemeanor charges of reckless driving and speeding-maximum limits.

He was released on $2,400 bond.

"There will be internal discipline," said Smart when asked about the arrest on Tuesday. "It's a personnel matter and I can't comment further on it."

Georgia, which has won back-to-back national titles, opened its season on Saturday night with a 48-7 win over UT Martin.

At least a dozen Bulldogs players have been charged with moving violations since the team won the championship in January.

Full story: https://www.tsn.ca/ncaa/georgia-staff-member-arrested-for-reckless-driving-speeding-19.63704

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Pacman Jones was arrested today at the Cincinnati airport.

from cbssports.com:

Former Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was arrested Monday morning at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer, after allegedly causing a disturbance prior to takeoff.

Jones, 39, was "an unruly passenger" on a scheduled outbound flight, an airport spokesperson told the Enquirer, and airport police were called to assist the flight crew in detaining Jones ahead of takeoff. Jones was then booked into the nearby Boone County Detention Center on unspecified charges, according to jail records obtained by the Enquirer.

Jones was released later Monday and emphatically downplayed any wrongdoing while addressing reporters outside the jail.

"This s--- is getting old, brah," he said, insisting he was neither intoxicated nor making terroristic threats during the incident. "I'm a part of the media, too, but report the motherf---ing facts. Report the facts and stop reporting the bulls---."

The "facts," Jones argued, are that he was wrongfully removed from the flight for merely asking to change seats he had purchased.

"I paid for two seats myself," he said. "I had a conversation with a stewardess -- a man -- about the charger (not) working. 'Can you move me somewhere else?' It went from a whole thing, from moving me to, 'Oh, if we move you, we gotta stop the whole plane.' ... This is what ya'll want, though. ... I'm not kissing nobody a--. If I'm wrong, I'ma tell you I'm wrong. I'm wrong for telling the flight attendant that the charger is not working for the seat 'cause I need my iPad to work when I get to New York?"

Jones, who's been a regular analyst on "The Pat McAfee Show" since last year, returned to the Cincinnati area during the 2022 season as an honorary "Ruler of the Jungle" celebrity guest with the Bengals. He spent eight of his 13 seasons playing for the AFC North contender.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Pacman Jones was arrested today at the Cincinnati airport.

from cbssports.com:

Former Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was arrested Monday morning at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer, after allegedly causing a disturbance prior to takeoff.

Jones, 39, was "an unruly passenger" on a scheduled outbound flight, an airport spokesperson told the Enquirer, and airport police were called to assist the flight crew in detaining Jones ahead of takeoff. Jones was then booked into the nearby Boone County Detention Center on unspecified charges, according to jail records obtained by the Enquirer.

Jones was released later Monday and emphatically downplayed any wrongdoing while addressing reporters outside the jail.

"This s--- is getting old, brah," he said, insisting he was neither intoxicated nor making terroristic threats during the incident. "I'm a part of the media, too, but report the motherf---ing facts. Report the facts and stop reporting the bulls---."

The "facts," Jones argued, are that he was wrongfully removed from the flight for merely asking to change seats he had purchased.

"I paid for two seats myself," he said. "I had a conversation with a stewardess -- a man -- about the charger (not) working. 'Can you move me somewhere else?' It went from a whole thing, from moving me to, 'Oh, if we move you, we gotta stop the whole plane.' ... This is what ya'll want, though. ... I'm not kissing nobody a--. If I'm wrong, I'ma tell you I'm wrong. I'm wrong for telling the flight attendant that the charger is not working for the seat 'cause I need my iPad to work when I get to New York?"

Jones, who's been a regular analyst on "The Pat McAfee Show" since last year, returned to the Cincinnati area during the 2022 season as an honorary "Ruler of the Jungle" celebrity guest with the Bengals. He spent eight of his 13 seasons playing for the AFC North contender.

Oh man no way..

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Nebraska TE Arik Gilbert was arrested again ( see post #926 above ).

from espn.com:

Nebraska tight end Arik Gilbert was arrested Friday in Georgia on suspicion of burglary, his second arrest in the past month.

According to police records in Lumpkin County, Georgia, Gilbert is facing charges of smash-and-grab burglary and obstruction of officers.

Gilbert, who grew up in Marietta, Georgia, located southwest of Lumpkin County, was previously arrested Aug. 29 in Lincoln, Nebraska, on suspicion of felony burglary after police found him carrying a bag out of a liquor and vape store. He's accused of stealing $1,600 worth of products from the store.

Gilbert was awaiting an eligibility ruling from the NCAA following his second transfer -- from Georgia to Nebraska -- at the time of his first arrest.

He was still listed on Nebraska's roster as of Friday night. A team spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nebraska TE Arik Gilbert was arrested again ( see post #926 above ).

from espn.com:

Nebraska tight end Arik Gilbert was arrested Friday in Georgia on suspicion of burglary, his second arrest in the past month.

According to police records in Lumpkin County, Georgia, Gilbert is facing charges of smash-and-grab burglary and obstruction of officers.

Gilbert, who grew up in Marietta, Georgia, located southwest of Lumpkin County, was previously arrested Aug. 29 in Lincoln, Nebraska, on suspicion of felony burglary after police found him carrying a bag out of a liquor and vape store. He's accused of stealing $1,600 worth of products from the store.

Gilbert was awaiting an eligibility ruling from the NCAA following his second transfer -- from Georgia to Nebraska -- at the time of his first arrest.

He was still listed on Nebraska's roster as of Friday night. A team spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Nothing like throwing away a golden opportunity in life

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Rams CB Derion Kendrick arrested for carrying a concealed weapon.

from espn.com:

Rams starting cornerback Derion Kendrick was arrested early Monday morning and faces a felony charge of carrying a concealed weapon.

Los Angeles County jail inmate records indicate Kendrick was arrested after a traffic stop in Hollywood, several hours after the Rams' 26-9 victory over Arizona at SoFi Stadium.

TMZ reported officers found a gun and marijuana in Kendrick's car.

Kendrick was booked at 2:14 a.m. local time, and there was no record of his release by midafternoon.

Rams coach Sean McVay acknowledged the arrest during his Monday media availability but declined to answer most questions about Kendrick. He declined to say whether Kendrick was still in jail.

"We're continuing to gather more information," McVay said. "And so, until then, I'm going to just kind of leave it at that until I have all the appropriate information. And I don't think it would be appropriate for me to speak on things that I don't have the totality of it other than knowing that he was arrested early this morning."

McVay declined to say whether he expected Kendrick to be available to play or practice this week, saying, "Until I have all of the information, it's hard for me to answer anything further with regards to his status, any of those types of things."

McVay said the Rams were "in communication with the league early this morning" regarding Kendrick's arrest.

Kendrick, a 2022 sixth-round pick, played all but eight defensive snaps for the Rams on Sunday.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

:facepalm:

Appropriate hair cut for him

Rams CB Derion Kendrick arrested for carrying a concealed weapon.

from espn.com:

Rams starting cornerback Derion Kendrick was arrested early Monday morning and faces a felony charge of carrying a concealed weapon.

Los Angeles County jail inmate records indicate Kendrick was arrested after a traffic stop in Hollywood, several hours after the Rams' 26-9 victory over Arizona at SoFi Stadium.

TMZ reported officers found a gun and marijuana in Kendrick's car.

Kendrick was booked at 2:14 a.m. local time, and there was no record of his release by midafternoon.

Rams coach Sean McVay acknowledged the arrest during his Monday media availability but declined to answer most questions about Kendrick. He declined to say whether Kendrick was still in jail.

"We're continuing to gather more information," McVay said. "And so, until then, I'm going to just kind of leave it at that until I have all the appropriate information. And I don't think it would be appropriate for me to speak on things that I don't have the totality of it other than knowing that he was arrested early this morning."

McVay declined to say whether he expected Kendrick to be available to play or practice this week, saying, "Until I have all of the information, it's hard for me to answer anything further with regards to his status, any of those types of things."

McVay said the Rams were "in communication with the league early this morning" regarding Kendrick's arrest.

Kendrick, a 2022 sixth-round pick, played all but eight defensive snaps for the Rams on Sunday.

Not his first arrest for same offenses

• Love
Reactions: PanthersPens62

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Is driving 70 in a 30 zone enough to get arrested? Seems like a ticket should have sufficed to me

Yeah that's pretty surprising. It also says he was weaving in and out of lanes/traffic but still, doesn't sound arrestable.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00