Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Richard Sherman was arrested for DUI.

from cbssports.com:

richard-sherman-seahawks.jpg

Former NFL cornerback Richard Sherman, who played 11 total seasons with the Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, was arrested for DUI in Washington on Saturday morning, Washington State Patrol confirmed to Fox 13 Seattle.

Fox 13 sports director Aaron Levine reports Sherman was booked in the King County Jail around 4 a.m., although it's unclear where exactly the arrest was made. Washington State Patrol told Fox 13 that this incident is still under investigation. The King County Prosecutor's Office has not yet received charges.

This comes just over two years after Sherman was initially charged with five misdemeanors by the King County Prosecuting Attorney's office, including driving under the influence, endangering roadway workers, resisting arrest and domestic-violence-related counts of malicious mischief and criminal trespass. Sherman eventually pled guilty to first-degree negligent driving, second-degree criminal trespass and speeding in a construction zone as part of a plea deal, per Fox 13. The former defensive back was ordered to pay $2,500 plus court fees, and assigned to have monitored supervision for two years. That ruling came in March 2022.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
At first, from the title, I thought Cam got into with the kids, but it was with other adults.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Still boggles the mind that Mayock was ok drafting this kid despite all of the red flags. Something he as Ana analyst would have brought up in the draft day.

Ruggs and Arnette. And jump in Learherwood too.

I mean just swap the positions around and the raiders could have drafted:

Wirfs and Jefferson/Aiyuk/Higgins or heck even Ruggs as well.
Then grab Newsome the CB the following year.

Same positions filled just swapping the year of the OL and CB. If you went best player regardless of position. Cause Arnette wasn’t the best player on the board at the time. Need pick.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Still boggles the mind that Mayock was ok drafting this kid despite all of the red flags. Something he as Ana analyst would have brought up in the draft day.

Ruggs and Arnette. And jump in Learherwood too.

I mean just swap the positions around and the raiders could have drafted:

Wirfs and Jefferson/Aiyuk/Higgins or heck even Ruggs as well.
Then grab Newsome the CB the following year.

Same positions filled just swapping the year of the OL and CB. If you went best player regardless of position. Cause Arnette wasn’t the best player on the board at the time. Need pick.

I'm thinking he was ok with whoever Gruden told him he was ok with

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA

"Xaviar Babudar, the Kansas City Chiefs' superfan known as ChiefsAholic, pleaded guilty to multiple counts in federal court on Wednesday. Babudar will be sentenced on July 10, but faces up to 50 years in prison and he's required to pay $532,000 in restitution. In addition to that, he must forfeit an autographed painting of Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes".

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Prescott being accused of sexual assault. :amazed:

from espn.com:

Dallas police on Thursday confirmed they are investigating an alleged 2017 sexual assault involving Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott.

The investigation is a result of a complaint filed Wednesday by a woman who alleges Prescott assaulted her in the back of an SUV seven years ago.

On Monday, Prescott filed a lawsuit in Collin County claiming he is being extorted for $100 million by the woman and her attorneys. Separately, police in Prosper, Texas, where the quarterback lives, are now investigating Prescott's extortion claim.

Prescott's attorney, Levi McCathern, questioned the timing of the woman going to police seven years after the alleged assault took place and after the extortion investigation began this week.

"Clearly they think that this will somehow mitigate their criminal responsibility for attempting this illegal shakedown," McCathern told ESPN. "It won't, and it is a true disservice to the real survivors of sexual abuse.

"We look forward to working with all law enforcement in reaching a just conclusion to this case."

According to Prescott's suit, he is seeking monetary relief in excess of $1 million. He has committed to donating any of the relief to the Joyful Heart Foundation, whose mission is to "heal, educate and empower survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse," or another "like-minded organization."

The 11-page lawsuit also alleges defamation and slander, defamation per se, business disparagement, tortious interference with current and/or prospective business relations, civil conspiracy, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Full story: Police look into alleged sexual assault by Prescott

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Prescott being accused of sexual assault. :amazed:

from espn.com:

Dallas police on Thursday confirmed they are investigating an alleged 2017 sexual assault involving Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott.

The investigation is a result of a complaint filed Wednesday by a woman who alleges Prescott assaulted her in the back of an SUV seven years ago.

On Monday, Prescott filed a lawsuit in Collin County claiming he is being extorted for $100 million by the woman and her attorneys. Separately, police in Prosper, Texas, where the quarterback lives, are now investigating Prescott's extortion claim.

Prescott's attorney, Levi McCathern, questioned the timing of the woman going to police seven years after the alleged assault took place and after the extortion investigation began this week.

"Clearly they think that this will somehow mitigate their criminal responsibility for attempting this illegal shakedown," McCathern told ESPN. "It won't, and it is a true disservice to the real survivors of sexual abuse.

"We look forward to working with all law enforcement in reaching a just conclusion to this case."

According to Prescott's suit, he is seeking monetary relief in excess of $1 million. He has committed to donating any of the relief to the Joyful Heart Foundation, whose mission is to "heal, educate and empower survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse," or another "like-minded organization."

The 11-page lawsuit also alleges defamation and slander, defamation per se, business disparagement, tortious interference with current and/or prospective business relations, civil conspiracy, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Full story: Police look into alleged sexual assault by Prescott
The complaint Dak's lawyers filed probably needs an amendment because it's a tad threadbare on details. DocumentCloud

Apparently, the "victim's" lawyers has other women willing to come forward. Should they actually make good on that threat, then there's a chance Dak could follow Deshaun Watson's footsteps...

Everything boils down to the quality of evidence.

Also, I do wonder if there was a "gentlemen's agreement" that the Cowboys had on the legal system that they have lifted to allow this to come to light, similar to the Texans possibly pulling string to coverup Watson's actions when they valued his services as a QB.

Dak very well could become the most scandalous Cowboys QB in history.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Statute of limitations for Texas sex crimes is a bit convoluted.

10 years for criminal sexual assault on an adult if victim knew the perpetrator's identity.

But if a someone sexually assaults 5 or more people, there is no limitation(on criminal charges?)

There is only five years for civil claims, so it seems the alleged victim might be out of luck in a civil case.

Kinda weird imo but I guess it filters out some "civil fakers" while still giving a chance for legit crime victims to get some legal relief.

So these attorneys are basically gambling that they have enough for the police to move forward to the states' attorney with criminal charges against Dak because the civil door should be shut. That is unless the courts grant an exception to the statute of limitations, which is almost never given.

This could be very, very bad and dangerous for Dak.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Seems like bullshit.

She brought the sexual assault allegation/charge after Dak sued her for extortion.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Seems like bullshit.

She brought the sexual assault allegation/charge after Dak sued her for extortion.
The complaint of Prescott states they received correspondence on February 13, 2024. The date of filing was March 11, 2024.

It's common practice to negotiate a settlement in private. Usually, if the civil case pathway is dead, the criminal will be doomed on arrival. That they are going to the police suggests that the case actually has sufficient credible evidence and number of people to survive police filtration.

Dak chose to do the PR Hail Mary. The complaint Dak's lawyer filed is actually very threadbare, with only paragraphs 13-15 dedicated to "facts", which makes it hard to accept Dak's lawyers has done enough to state a legal claim for the alleged counts of legal violations.

It all depends on the evidence, as civil extortion or defamation only works if the threat of action is wrongful. Basically, it can hold if the complainant is discovered to be not credible(like she contradicts herself). Going to the police is high risk for the complainant because she could slip up under interrogation, as they are supposed to be a neutral third party.

Going forward like this on false grounds can open the door for ethical disciplinary actions against the attorneys representing the women.

Yes, lawyers can indeed be fakers(I myself have dealt with defending a poorly grounded suit pro se). However, I take into consideration that the woman's lawyers are actually the smaller fighter here, being apparently a two-person team specializing in criminal defense. Unlike the big firms, such an operation is usually loaded with plenty of clients already and time is limited for such a small operation to take on too many matters or one big time-consuming matter.

Reactions: LT

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The complaint of Prescott states they received correspondence on February 13, 2024. The date of filing was March 11, 2024.

It's common practice to negotiate a settlement in private. Usually, if the civil case pathway is dead, the criminal will be doomed on arrival. That they are going to the police suggests that the case actually has sufficient credible evidence and number of people to survive police filtration.

Dak chose to do the PR Hail Mary. The complaint Dak's lawyer filed is actually very threadbare, with only paragraphs 13-15 dedicated to "facts", which makes it hard to accept Dak's lawyers has done enough to state a legal claim for the alleged counts of legal violations.

It all depends on the evidence, as civil extortion or defamation only works if the threat of action is wrongful. Basically, it can hold if the complainant is discovered to be not credible(like she contradicts herself). Going to the police is high risk for the complainant because she could slip up under interrogation, as they are supposed to be a neutral third party.

Going forward like this on false grounds can open the door for ethical disciplinary actions against the attorneys representing the women.

Yes, lawyers can indeed be fakers(I myself have dealt with defending a poorly grounded suit pro se). However, I take into consideration that the woman's lawyers are actually the smaller fighter here, being apparently a two-person team specializing in criminal defense. Unlike the big firms, such an operation is usually loaded with plenty of clients already and time is limited for such a small operation to take on too many matters or one big time-consuming matter.

Sort of a strange response to my comment but....

I'm not a lawyer however common sense tells me you don't sue someone like this right out of the gate if you have something to hide or did something wrong. Because if you did, it would probably be uncovered in discovery/investigation that opens up when you do so.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Certainly explains further why Detroit has been addressing their secondary. His career may be done.

Not only with the Lions. But the league in general.
Kind of important to note that, according to the Lions, they learned about this yesterday when everybody else did.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Kind of important to note that, according to the Lions, they learned about this yesterday when everybody else did.
Yeah, the Lions were going to add those guys regardless. They knew nothing about Sutton's situation.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I'm starting to worry if this guy is dead.
I saw something saying he hasn't been heard from in 13 days so you might not be wrong.

What are the cap implications for the Lions here? Do they still get stuck with the $19m in dead cap? I'm pretty the Raiders did with Ruggs so I'm guessing the answer is yes.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I saw something saying he hasn't been heard from in 13 days so you might not be wrong.

What are the cap implications for the Lions here? Do they still get stuck with the $19m in dead cap? I'm pretty the Raiders did with Ruggs so I'm guessing the answer is yes.

I think they were able to tag his plates. So he is probably hiding out. But I wonder if he is not planning to come back alive.

Either way, I'm all for benefit of the doubt, but it's clear the Lions did the right thing by cutting him now.

As for his contract, I don't feel like the Lions are getting too bent. All things considered.

Examining the salary cap impact of the Lions releasing Cam Sutton

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille