Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.

Being accused of two rapes will get you suspended for one game only.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
people are overreacting to the seriousness of it honestly. he'll likely get a couple game suspension and community service, if i had to guess.

no criminal history, wasn't drunk/drugged as far as we know, no guns in the whip and no one seriously hurt.

Last edited:

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
people are overreacting to the seriousness of it honestly. he'll likely get a couple game suspension and community service, if i had to guess.

no criminal history, wasn't drunk/drugged as far as we know, no guns in the whip and no one seriously hurt.
Who do you feel is overreacting?
I think the reporting and charges have been pretty fair so far..
Dallas police appealed to Rice to turn himself in (instead of chasing him down).. they're publicly stating they're not going to charge anyone with the weed found in the Lamborghini.. so far, no charges against other passengers.
To me, the charges seem fair, and Rice's treatment doesn't seem heavy-handed. Who's overreacting to the incident?

Reactions: LT

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Who do you feel is overreacting?
I think the reporting and charges have been pretty fair so far..
Dallas police appealed to Rice to turn himself in (instead of chasing him down).. they're publicly stating they're not going to charge anyone with the weed found in the Lamborghini.. so far, no charges against other passengers.
To me, the charges seem fair, and Rice's treatment doesn't seem heavy-handed. Who's overreacting to the incident?

People on social media saying he’s done or in career jeopardy

Reactions: Babe Ruth

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
F'n idiot was driving 119 MPH. :amazed:

from dallas.news.com:

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice was driving 119 mph in the seconds before he caused a multivehicle crash that injured at least seven people last month, according to an arrest-warrant affidavit obtained by The Dallas Morning News.

The NFL player faces one count of aggravated assault, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury and six counts of collision involving injury, police said. His attorney did not respond to a request for comment Friday.

Rice, who officials have said admitted to driving one of two high-end sports cars that triggered the six-vehicle crash on March 30, was booked into a DeSoto jail Thursday after he turned himself into Glenn Heights police. He posted bail and was released shortly after.

EMZE6ZV22BCW3DMF7FZGYZDJ7Y.jpg

Kristin Lowman, a Dallas police spokeswoman, has said the drivers of a Chevrolet Corvette and a Lamborghini Urus were speeding about 6:20 p.m. March 30 in the 6600 block of North Central Expressway, between Lovers Lane and University Boulevard, where each lost control.

The cars “made multiple aggressive maneuvers to get through traffic,” the affidavit said.

According to the affidavit, the Urus and the Corvette “both took faulty evasive action” to avoid hitting a sedan and other vehicles but came into contact with each other. The collision with the sedan caused a chain-reaction crash, the affidavit said, which continued to three other vehicles “in a matter of seconds.”

According to crash data cited in the affidavit, the Urus was traveling 119 mph 4.5 seconds before the collision. The Corvette was traveling 116 mph 7.5 seconds before the collision, but had slowed to 91 miles per hour about 1.5 seconds before.

The speed limit is 70 mph on that stretch of highway. Police wrote in the affidavit that the “reckless” driving put “multiple people at risk of loss of life and serious injury.”

Rice and four other men were seen on video leaving the scene after the crash. Police have said the men didn’t stop to see if anyone needed medical attention or provide any of their information.

Rice’s attorney, state Sen. Royce West, D-Dallas, said at a news conference last week that the former Richland High School and SMU star was not trying to run or hide from anyone but didn’t offer any explanation for why his client left the scene.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
& somehow nothing major will come from that

49mph over the limit
Multiple injuries
Fled the scene

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from espn.com:

Former Pro Bowl running back Dalvin Cook settled a lawsuit in which his ex-girlfriend accused him of battery and false imprisonment in his Minnesota home in November 2020.

i

RB Dalvin Cook, a four-time Pro Bowl selection, finished last season with the Ravens. He is
currently a free agent

A hearing scheduled for Tuesday was canceled with the case closed and settled, according to court documents.

Details of the settlement were not available.

In a lawsuit filed more than two years ago, Cook was accused of abusing his former girlfriend and causing a concussion during an altercation. In a statement released in 2021, Cook's attorney said his client was assaulted by the woman after she broke into his residence, saying that she later tried to extort him of millions of dollars.

Cook has filed a lawsuit for fraud and defamation against the firm Eckland and Blando, which represented his ex-girlfriend, according to Cook's agent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad