Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Chiefs WR Justyn Ross was arrested for domestic battery and criminal damage to property under $1,000.

from espn.com:

Chiefs wide receiver Justyn Ross has been placed on the NFL commissioner's exempt list after being arrested this week on charges of domestic battery and criminal damage to property of less than $1,000.

Ross may not practice or play while on the exempt list. He practiced with the Chiefs on Wednesday and Thursday before he was placed on the exempt list.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he didn't know if Ross would return to play this season.

"We'll just let it play out the way it goes,'' Reid said. "That's what that list is for.

"I'm not here to judge on that. You go through the process in these situations ... they're all different and so you let it play out. That's how we're set up here in this country and in the NFL that way.''

Ross pleaded not guilty to both misdemeanor charges during his arraignment hearing on Tuesday, and his bond was set at $2,500 with various conditions, including no contact with the accuser or any witnesses.

He was arrested Monday in Shawnee, Kansas, a suburb of Kansas City. Ross is due again in court Dec. 4.

The Kansas domestic battery charge that Ross is facing is defined as "knowingly causing physical contact with a person with whom the offender is involved or has been involved in a dating relationship or a family or household member, when done in a rude, insulting or angry manner."

The items in the property damage charge, according to the Shawnee police, include a laptop, a computer monitor, an iPhone, a gold bracelet and a car key. He originally had been charged with damage value exceeding $1,000, but the charge has since been amended to a misdemeanor and damage of less than $1,000.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's his mugshot from TMZ Sports:

F9QCEiHW8AAU4ut

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Former NFL OL Chad Wheeler found guilty of 2 counts domestic violence.

sub-buzz-691-1611785322-1.jpg

from espn.com:

Former NFL offensive lineman Chad Wheeler was found guilty Thursday of two counts of domestic violence from a 2021 incident with his then-girlfriend.

Wheeler, then a backup tackle with the Seattle Seahawks, was arrested in January 2021 after being accused of pinning the woman down and twice choking her until she lost consciousness. The woman, Alleah Taylor, told police that when she regained consciousness for the second time, Wheeler expressed surprise that she was still alive.

Taylor's injuries included a fractured humerus and dislocated elbow.

Responding to the verdict, Taylor posted on X later Thursday, "I finally have justice."

Wheeler, who has bipolar disorder, said he was experiencing a "manic episode" during the incident. Taylor said she was unsure whether the alleged assault was related to Wheeler's mental health. He pleaded not guilty to criminal charges of first-degree domestic violence assault, domestic violence unlawful imprisonment and resisting arrest.

Wheeler, who previously played for the New York Giants, was waived by the Seahawks after the incident and has not been signed to an NFL roster since then.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Former NFL OL Chad Wheeler found guilty of 2 counts domestic violence.

sub-buzz-691-1611785322-1.jpg

from espn.com:

Former NFL offensive lineman Chad Wheeler was found guilty Thursday of two counts of domestic violence from a 2021 incident with his then-girlfriend.

Wheeler, then a backup tackle with the Seattle Seahawks, was arrested in January 2021 after being accused of pinning the woman down and twice choking her until she lost consciousness. The woman, Alleah Taylor, told police that when she regained consciousness for the second time, Wheeler expressed surprise that she was still alive.

Taylor's injuries included a fractured humerus and dislocated elbow.

Responding to the verdict, Taylor posted on X later Thursday, "I finally have justice."

Wheeler, who has bipolar disorder, said he was experiencing a "manic episode" during the incident. Taylor said she was unsure whether the alleged assault was related to Wheeler's mental health. He pleaded not guilty to criminal charges of first-degree domestic violence assault, domestic violence unlawful imprisonment and resisting arrest.

Wheeler, who previously played for the New York Giants, was waived by the Seahawks after the incident and has not been signed to an NFL roster since then.

Bro, I thought that was Matt Riddle at first

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Elvis P

WNBA fan since 1997
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD

And now, the girlfriend is saying "it is all a misunderstanding" and "no one assaulted anyone. This is insane and sad."

Whatever happens in this case, I hope the woman is ok. I also hope their relationship (if it continues, which it likely will) is healthier going forward (in my mind, it sounds like there definitely was an incident and some generally unhealthy things in the past as well). I know DV can be complicated and it sounds like both parties may have anger issues.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Colts TE Ogletree has been charged with a couple domestic violence counts. Incident reportedly took place the day after Christmas.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Former Giants RB Derrick Ward was in court yesterday.. pleading 'not guilty' to 5 felony charges (burglary related).
Next current LA County court date is Feb. 8.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad