General 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Talk

P10p

May 15, 2012
Should have overpaid for Barzal when there was friction between him and the islanders

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
That's all. And a little bit of luck.
Honestly it would be interesting seeing a team offer sheet Barzal 10mil plus.

imagine if it was another team. I don’t see how the Islander wouldn’t try to match. They would have a fire sale just to clear cap. We could pick up Brock Nelson for a discount.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Honestly it would be interesting seeing a team offer sheet Barzal 10mil plus.

imagine if it was another team. I don’t see how the Islander wouldn’t try to match. They would have a fire sale just to clear cap. We could pick up Brock Nelson for a discount.

I'd rather it was us.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I haven't been super pumped about his playoffs so far, but he'd still be on my short list.
the little i have seen in the playoffs he hasnt looked great but even so 44 points in 62 games is solid, really good defensively and has some offensive upside. i hope we can take complete advantage of tampa and steal him.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
the little i have seen in the playoffs he hasnt looked great but even so 44 points in 62 games is solid, really good defensively and has some offensive upside. i hope we can take complete advantage of tampa and steal him.
They play one of the most boring styles of hockey there is.

But Barzal has been fantastic for the Islanders. Ranked 3rd in points, 2nd in CF%, 1st in xGF%. His speed is insane and creates so many opportunities. If he had better wingers he'd be a consistent PPG+ player.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
They play one of the most boring styles of hockey there is.

But Barzal has been fantastic for the Islanders. Ranked 3rd in points, 2nd in CF%, 1st in xGF%. His speed is insane and creates so many opportunities. If he had better wingers he'd be a consistent PPG+ player.
I’d love Barzal, fully willing to give up four firsts for him.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
giphy.gif

Live look in at Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad