General 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Talk

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
In both Carolina games I’ve seen, Trocheck has looked really really good and I’m worried this is just going to go down as another missed opportunity at a top 6 C for us.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Making my predictions based on who I don't want to have a shot at #1 OA:

Panthers over Islanders
Hurricanes over Rangers
Penguins over Canadiens
Maple Leafs over Blue Jackets

Canucks over Wild
Flames over Jets
Predators over Coyotes
Oilers over Blackhawks

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
In both Carolina games I’ve seen, Trocheck has looked really really good and I’m worried this is just going to go down as another missed opportunity at a top 6 C for us.

Yeah, all that talk about Brodin and Staal beforehand, and Carolina got him for stuff that didn't even come close to Brodin's value.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Yeah, all that talk about Brodin and Staal beforehand, and Carolina got him for stuff that didn't even come close to Brodin's value.
Exactly. I know somebody brought it up in a different thread, but we could’ve made an identical offer without losing anything that hurts.

I just want to take a chance on a C at some point.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Exactly. I know somebody brought it up in a different thread, but we could’ve made an identical offer without losing anything that hurts.

I just want to take a chance on a C at some point.

We wouldn't have even needed an identical offer. Just Pittsburgh's 1st rounder is probably more valuable, unless they view Haula as a longer-term piece.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Trocheck looks pretty good today, too. However, the Rangers look absolutely terrible.
Trocheck has a nice shot. He’s kinda burried on Carolina in that he isn’t getting a ton of PP time and their power play doesn’t move through him much. With his shot, he would’ve been ideal in the slot on the PP with Kaprizov and Fiala on the wall

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If this is going to be the level of officiating, the Wild are dead in the water

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I don't know if it's the lack of a crowd, or that both teams look like they are in pre-season form but there is no intensity at all.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There was actually quite a bit of intensity, but all the penalties ruined the flow of the game.

Nino did some good things, but was on for both ga. Overall, I don't miss him and his game, though there is no doubt that Rask is a worse player.

Not impressed with Fleury or Gardiner.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't know if it's the lack of a crowd, or that both teams look like they are in pre-season form but there is no intensity at all.
Huh? There was a fight 2 minutes into the game by 2 skill players.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
We wouldn't have even needed an identical offer. Just Pittsburgh's 1st rounder is probably more valuable, unless they view Haula as a longer-term piece.

The Canes did trade three centers (Wallmark, Haula and Luostarinen). It'd been I think Joel Eriksson Ek (Wallmark), Alex Galychunek (Eric Haula), Louis Belpedio (Chase Priskie), Dimitri Sokolov? Swap out Pittsburgh's 1st for Galy and I think that's pretty close.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Feels weird cheering for the hawks but I want all the teams behind us to win for a better draft pick if we lose

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Gotta say it’s hilarious to watch the Oilers D get worked after all their fans insisted Brodin was worse than all of Nurse, Larsson & Klefbom.
Yeah, Brodin would be a 3rd pair guy on that squad. :facepalm:

Darnell Nurse might be the biggest turnstile in the league. That kid is terrible.

Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad