General 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Talk

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
was just thinking the same thing. I like Fletcher, but his teams have a habit of choking. Giroux and Konecny(an untouchable, according to Philly fans), were MIA.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Dallas is in and now we wait to see who joins them.

I’m interested in see if Vegas tries to do any big tweaks this offseason.

go eastern conference!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Blaming Fletcher for PHI losing to NYI is next level dementia

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Cirelli might be one of the best defensive forwards I’ve watched all year. So smart. Always in the righ position and he is just a workhorse down-low. Anders Lee is having trouble with him in the corners.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Stammer being back made that game exciting, but I agree the cup finals just feel eh this year. It’s so hard to watch with no fans. I’ll probably watch on Saturday if it’s an elimination game

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Looks like the Bolts will bring the Cup home, playing very physical and the Stars got spanked last night.

I wish Hedman was a member of the Wild...

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Stammer being back made that game exciting, but I agree the cup finals just feel eh this year. It’s so hard to watch with no fans. I’ll probably watch on Saturday if it’s an elimination game
Yeah honestly I think not having fans affects the watchability in some way. It just feels less exciting to me.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Yeah I have watched pretty much every round except the finals. I just don't find Dallas interesting and while the Bolts aren't bad to watch. I feel like i know what I'm going to get from them each game.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Very interesting article about life in the bubble. Sounds like the NHL mis-advertised some of the benefits. It also sounds pretty clear that NHL players would not sign off on any sort of bubble for the regular season.

NHL bubble confidential: Go inside the Toronto and Edmonton playoff hubs
A bubble for an 82 game regular season just doesn't seem practical. Playoffs is one thing, much smaller in scale, fewer games etc. Regular season is just too big for a bubble.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
A bubble for an 82 game regular season just doesn't seem practical. Playoffs is one thing, much smaller in scale, fewer games etc. Regular season is just too big for a bubble.
There's been some talk about some sort of rotating bubble. Like four bubbles with 8 teams each, they all play each other for a while, then a break and rotate teams/locations.

I don't think that's a viable solution at all, but I've seen it mentioned a few times.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
There's been some talk about some sort of rotating bubble. Like four bubbles with 8 teams each, they all play each other for a while, then a break and rotate teams/locations.

I don't think that's a viable solution at all, but I've seen it mentioned a few times.
Sounds like a convoluted mess to me.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Then there's the Canada problem. Talk of an all-Canadian division for a year because of travel/quarantine restrictions between the US/Canada still.

Who knows, a lot can change in three months, but I think the logistics would make for an interesting season if they don't make an exception there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad