GDT: GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers exit the playoffs in the most Steelers like way

Status
Not open for further replies.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I stuck up for Tomlin earlier this season. No more. He needs to be fired and they need a serious rebuild. This is absolutely unacceptable.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
DvJJ6f9WwAEZgem

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I will sadly stand by the fake punt. I know it's hard to stand by anything Tomlin does because he is so dumb, but he gambled on the idea that Brees has 4 minutes. Brees with 4 minutes will leave you with nothing. So he did control that situation quite well and the gamble had reason to it. If you want to be a riverboat gambler, it's good to have that analysis to your reason. So I will stand by that. I think that was a good time to gamble.

It literally left 1:20 on the board for us and we were marching down. If we dont' fumble, we have a few cracks at winning OR at least tying the game.

But the other issues:
- 3rd and 1 going with a RT dive with a fumble prone RB. Bad.
- Not challenging those possible catch/fumbles. Bad.
- Using a time out in the 2nd half when we should have saved 'em. Bad.

I’m not mad about the fake punt.

Saints would have driven the field and scored no matter where they were spotted the ball.

At least with a short field it worked out that there was plenty of time left on the clock to drive down the field after they scored the go ahead TD.

Reactions: KIRK and ColePens

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Next year is our last shot. Draft higher. Use the Bell money on secondary help.

Yeah last shot for Ben. Unless we fire Tomlin. Dont know what was up with that tweet but hoping Rooney knows Ben only has a few years left. He simply wont win it with Tomlin here. Wont happen. Ben isnt smart enough to overcome a horrible coach. Hoping Rooney sees this and makes the move.

Reactions: Andy99

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
It's truly remarkable the amount of justifiable blame to go around. Boswell, Tomlin, the defense, various fumblers... it's like every player and coach has done some batshit crazy garbage at some point

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
... that all will be forgiven as usual and sleep well.

Idk this time. 7-2-1? Having it wrapped up..only to lose 3 out of last 4? And the way it happened too. This Rooney is diff from the others. I can see why Tomlin wasnt fired before(even tho he should have been) so Rooney exhausted just about every other route....but whats left? Tomlin could def be gone if we miss . We watched Pederson win it all last year. McVay is great. While we continue to find diff ways to lose.

And its all over the media. We are a joke to them...them talking about how undisciplined..finding creative ways to lose each week. That falls on Tomlin. Only way Rooney can stop this talk is by firing him.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The Steelers are to blame, but the Refs have an agenda. Which makes the sport somewhat faux.

Refs blow in every sport I love, that’s why you don’t f*** up easy wins and leave your season in their hands.

Let’s not let Tomlin off the hook with any ref talk. And honestly, they had plenty of chances to seal this win despite the refs. So this game lined up as a perfect example of their identity under Tomlin for the last decade.

Reactions: KIRK

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
28-24 in the 4th @ Saints. Nobody thought we had a chance but once again we had the lead. This team has the talent to beat anyone. One factor every time....coaching.

Should have 2 more Superbowls by now. I cant see how Rooney doesnt fire Tomlin.

He has to make the change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad