GDT: GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers exit the playoffs in the most Steelers like way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
should he be a monk all season? Would that make him play better?
Look, I’m not going to rip on Juju too much, but the point is that this is a reoccurring theme with this team. From AB and his tweeting and live-streaming, to Bell and his looking past the Jags last season in the playoffs, to Juju and his tweeting now.

Let your f***ing play on the field do the talking, not your damn social media accounts.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will sadly stand by the fake punt. I know it's hard to stand by anything Tomlin does because he is so dumb, but he gambled on the idea that Brees has 4 minutes. Brees with 4 minutes will leave you with nothing. So he did control that situation quite well and the gamble had reason to it. If you want to be a riverboat gambler, it's good to have that analysis to your reason. So I will stand by that. I think that was a good time to gamble.

It literally left 1:20 on the board for us and we were marching down. If we dont' fumble, we have a few cracks at winning OR at least tying the game.

But the other issues:
- 3rd and 1 going with a RT dive with a fumble prone RB. Bad.
- Not challenging those possible catch/fumbles. Bad.
- Using a time out in the 2nd half when we should have saved 'em. Bad.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Idk, you can argue it shows a lack of focus on a team that has extremely serious issues with a lack of focus. Like the game this weekend may decide your season, and you're tweeting that out the day before and then you have the game losing fumble?

Maybe I just dislike the amount of personality a lot of NFLers show because of how bland a lot of hockey players are, but I just feel like it's not a great look.
I'm sorry I need to make another point. Tomlin, Ridley, and the refs did more to lose that game than JuJu. Game ending fumble, not game losing. We should have never been in that position.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really could not disagree with you more :laugh: That tweet shows absolutely nothing about his focus :laugh: We need more athletes like JuJu, not less.

Just because you like athletes who show personality doesn't mean that others have to be fine with it.

The team has a serious problem with a lack of focus that stems all the way down from the coaching staff, so sorry I don't think it's wise for players to be tweeting out things like that the day before a massive game? I would love it if the Steelers just shut down all of the social media accounts for all of their players during the season.

I'm sorry I need to make another point. Tomlin, Ridley, and the refs did more to lose that game than JuJu. Game ending fumble, not game losing. We should have never been in that position.

That's not really relevant to what I'm saying. I'm not blaming Juju for the loss, I'm saying tweeting that out the day before and then fumbling at the end of the game isn't a good look.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Look, I’m not going to rip on Juju too much, but the point is that this is a reoccurring theme with this team. From AB and his tweeting and live-streaming, to Bell and his looking past the Jags last season in the playoffs, to Juju and his tweeting now.

Let your ****ing play on the field do the talking, not your damn social media accounts.
it's not like he's out there being some arrogant jerk. He's making jokes on twitter.

Just because you like athletes who show personality doesn't mean that others have to be fine with it.

The team has a serious problem with a lack of focus that stems all the way down from the coaching staff, so sorry I don't think it's wise for players to be tweeting out things like that the day before a massive game?
I just don't see how a joke tweeted the day before has any impact on the game. Any at all.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Another wasted season under that piece of shit Tomlin.

This season was lost when we couldn’t land Bell. We’ve had too many idiot running backs come in here. We’ve been one-dimensional all season.

Eff Tomlin, eff Colbert and a huge eff to the Rooneys who won’t make a single change.

I wish we had different owners.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Unfortunately Tomlin wont be fired until a few years from now. So Ben will never get back to the Superbowl. Hope either Rudolph pans out or we find our next franchise QB. Our D should be better(more talent and no tomlin/butler) and we will.have the talent on offense. But it will come down to if we can find that QB. Our luck? We wont...but thats what it's gonna come down to.

Ill still hope 2019(after getting better draft picks...17th thru 20) and signing a top FA or two that we have our best shot at it all...win on talent alone. But really hard to see it when Tomlin messes up every single game.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I just don't see how a joke tweeted the day before has any impact on the game. Any at all.

Again, because they're a team that has lost a ton of games because of a lack of focus and tweeting that out the day before a huge game can easily be argued to be a lack of focus.

The team is 8-6-1 right now, is in a real threat of missing the playoffs and they have blown multiple games due to stupid blunders. You really don't see anything wrong with players tweeting that kind of stuff the day before a huge game?

Reactions: Shockmaster

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Again, because they're a team that has lost a ton of games because of a lack of focus and tweeting that out the day before a huge game can easily be argued to be a lack of focus.
I really would like to see that argument. How does it show a lack of focus? What should he be doing the day before that would have helped us win this game today. How could that tweet have hurt our chances? What focus was lost because of it?

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I just don't understand sitting back on 3rd and 20 when the blitz was disrupting Brees. They might not have been getting to him but he wasn't comfortable back there. Instead you leave the WR just completely wide open. Disgusting.

Once again so many things contributed to this loss yet. What a frustrating season.

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Blame Tomlin for Ridley being in the game at all.

But the fake punt wasn't the main play to lose. There was a lot. And it almost worked.

Reactions: td_ice

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Steelers continue to be the common denominator in all their losses

Refs were big in Chargers and Saints games but agreed.

Wed find a way to lose in playoffs anyway if we are still doing it now. Refs were bad today but we were up 28-24 inthe 4th. Driving down field but stopped passing. Tried killing clock and used Ridley lol. We dont have what it takes to put teams away.

Reactions: John Titor

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really would like to see that argument. How does it show a lack of focus? What could he be doing THE DAY BEFORE that would have helped us win this game today.

I have no clue how you can't see how it shows a lack of focus. You have a huge game in like 24 hours, and you're tweeting "I'll play, gotta stand by the fantasy football owners who stood by me". It is absurdly easy to see how that shows a lack of focus.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Trying to predict the future and butterfly effect of your 140 characters isn't a good look either.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba

The team is 8-6-1 right now, is in a real threat of missing the playoffs and they have blown multiple games due to stupid blunders. You really don't see anything wrong with players tweeting that kind of stuff the day before a huge game?

I like your posts, but this is one of the most bizarre hot takes I've ever seen on these boards. No, I see nothing wrong with the tweet. Nothing. It's a fun, positive way to engage with fans, which is Juju's MO. It didn't affect his focus. It didn't affect the game. It's not an issue at all, in any way, shape or form.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I have no clue how you can't see how it shows a lack of focus. You have a huge game in like 24 hours, and you're tweeting "I'll play, gotta stand by the fantasy football owners who stood by me". It is absurdly easy to see how that shows a lack of focus.
Apparently we're at an impasse because we're making the same argument for different conclusions :laugh:

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
I'm sorry guys, but as an outsider none of these close games they lost are on the refs. This is on Tomlin. He keeps playing safe when he should go for the jugular. The Steelers' offense is great and once they are up by a play the team goes into safe mode. This is no coincidence.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm sorry guys, but as an outsider none of these close games they lost are on the refs. This is on Tomlin. He keeps playing safe when he should go for the jugular. The Steelers' offense is great and once they are up by a play the team goes into safe mode. This is no coincidence.

Correct. Even tho theres no excuse for some of the calls by the refs.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Refs were big in Chargers and Saints games but agreed.

Wed find a way to lose in playoffs anyway if we are still doing it now. Refs were bad today but we were up 28-24 inthe 4th. Driving down field but stopped passing. Tried killing clock and used Ridley lol. We dont have what it takes to put teams away.

I was kind of mocking Tomlins last presser, but many of the losses and even the tie at the Browns had the same themes. Team going up and getting conservative on offense and the D not making a big stop in the 4th, +/- terrible turnovers by the O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad