GDT: GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers exit the playoffs in the most Steelers like way

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
someone go give JuJu a hug. He's just about the last guy I'm blaming this season on.

Agreed that kid was torn up over that fumble. But he was one of the sole reasons we kept in contention as well as we did all yr.

This loss and the season in general came be blamed on alot of things. But he is definitely not one of them.

Reactions: Brandinho

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Refs were big in Chargers and Saints games but agreed.

Wed find a way to lose in playoffs anyway if we are still doing it now. Refs were bad today but we were up 28-24 inthe 4th. Driving down field but stopped passing. Tried killing clock and used Ridley lol. We dont have what it takes to put teams away.

Just like the refs were huge against the Patriots last week. Refs are way too involved with outcomes in the NFL. Instead of keeping the game fair, they decide.

Can't blame the refs for the loss, but they were as much of a factor as the Steelers or Saints.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
The worst aspect of the past few weeks is the fumbles by third string running backs who shouldn't even be in the game. Because even though I was never for giving in to Bell's contract demands and won't think twice once he's gone, he gets at least somewhat of the last laugh because of it.

5 fourth quarter leads in the last 5 weeks, only one win.

My one hope going forward is for the backbone the media in this town finally found after all the boneheaded losses prior to the Pats game will still be around for the offseason, so this organization actually has public pressure on them for once to make some changes that actually matter.

Not like it'll matter of course, but I can lie to myself from time to time.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm sorry guys, but as an outsider none of these close games they lost are on the refs. This is on Tomlin. He keeps playing safe when he should go for the jugular. The Steelers' offense is great and once they are up by a play the team goes into safe mode. This is no coincidence.
refs suck, but yeah we made big enough mistakes in every game to overshadow the bad calls.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
We're dissecting a f***ing tweet of a social media star as well as an elite receiver.

Are we that insane?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I like your posts, but this is one of the most bizarre hot takes I've ever seen on these boards. No, I see nothing wrong with the tweet. Nothing. It's a fun, positive way to engage with fans, which is Juju's MO. It didn't affect his focus. It didn't affect the game. It's not an issue at all, in any way, shape or form.

The team isn't getting the results for me to be okay with any players doing that, that's my big thing here.

I think this is just me focusing a complaint I have about the entire team on Juju. This team does so many stupid things all of the time, either due to a lack of focus, bad coaching or whatever else you can argue. You're in a threat of falling out of the playoffs because you constantly play down to your opponents, and Boswell isn't bailing you out this year like he did last year. When the team is in such a serious situation, I just want the players to all shut up and focus and for there to be no off-field drama. Juju's tweet is nothing compared to the other stuff (like AB throwing furniture out of a window and nearly hitting a kid), but it's just another one you can throw on the pile.

Basically, the team isn't good enough for me to want any of the players to have off-field personalities right now. When you're losing to teams like the Oakland Raiders when you need every win you can get, maybe that's a sign you should get your **** together. That mostly falls on the coaching staff.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I'm sure making 2 twitter posts the day before the game made him forget that with 40 seconds left in the game he can't fumble on a scoring drive.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
The team isn't getting the results for me to be okay with any players doing that, that's my big thing here.

I think this is just me focusing a complaint I have about the entire team on Juju. This team does so many stupid things all of the time, either due to a lack of focus, bad coaching or whatever else you can argue. You're in a threat of falling out of the playoffs because you constantly play down to your opponents, and Boswell isn't bailing you out this year like he did last year. When the team is in such a serious situation, I just want the players to all shut up and focus and for there to be no off-field drama. Juju's tweet is nothing compared to the other stuff, but it's just another one you can throw on the pile.

I don't think you can throw it on the pile, though. I brought up Ben Mendy for a reason. He engages his fans on twitter in literally the exact same way. He talks about fantasy. He jokes. He has fun. His coach is Pep Guardiola, a man who would never, ever stand for anything that would negatively impact one of his player's focus. He froze one of the best players of the last 20 years out of his team because of his attitude. Mike Tomlin has an issue with focusing the team, absolutely, but I vehemently disagree that this has anything to do with that.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

I think this is just me focusing a complaint I have about the entire team on Juju. This team does so many stupid things all of the time, either due to a lack of focus, bad coaching or whatever else you can argue. You're in a threat of falling out of the playoffs because you constantly play down to your opponents, and Boswell isn't bailing you out this year like he did last year. When the team is in such a serious situation, I just want the players to all shut up and focus and for there to be no off-field drama. Juju's tweet is nothing compared to the other stuff (like AB throwing furniture out of a window and nearly hitting a kid), but it's just another one you can throw on the pile.
if he was being arrogant and shit I'd be with you. He's not though, he's just being a goofy kid. I honestly think he'd become a worse player if you stopped letting him have fun. That's not a lack of focus, it's just who he is. He's not doing stupid first down taunts when we're losing and shit. That's garbage that I hate. He's having fun in his own time.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I was kind of mocking Tomlins last presser, but many of the losses and even the tie at the Browns had the same themes. Team going up and getting conservative on offense and the D not making a big stop in the 4th, +/- terrible turnovers by the O.

The D Stopped them and the O went 4 and out.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
if he was being arrogant and **** I'd be with you. He's not though, he's just being a goofy kid. I honestly think he'd become a worse player if you stopped letting him have fun. That's not a lack of focus, it's just who he is. He's not doing stupid first down taunts when we're losing and ****. That's garbage that I hate.

LOL

Give me millions and twitter at 22........... The things I would say would be a national discussion.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Steelers Should Worry About Craig Wrolstad Crew Officiating Road Game Against Saints - Steelers Depot

Basically the NFL sent the most easily manipulated refs to the biggest game of the week.

You know what the secret is to ensure that you don’t let your season come down to the whims of the refs... gonna go ahead and let you figure that one out on your own.

I really could not disagree with you more :laugh: That tweet shows absolutely nothing about his focus :laugh: We need more athletes like JuJu, not less.

Emp doesn’t like JuJu because he plays Fortnite and does the floss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad