GDT: GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers exit the playoffs in the most Steelers like way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Can you imagine being Rooney and telling yourself ten years of the same shit will finally change.... because....

And having to work yourself into such a delusional state that you actually believe the BS answer you give yourself?

Reactions: John Titor and KIRK

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
So what is there to look forward to next year? Tomlin will be back looking like a deer in headlights and Butler will spend all off-season gameplanning for Tony Gonzalez. What is there? The Browns and Ravens are well positioned for next year.

The only optimism I have for next year is maybe using that Bell money for something useful. But by August it'll all evaporate to extend veterans and we'll get stuck with some marginal signings.

It’s gonna be funny when next year Baker finishes off a 4th quarter comeback against us to win the division after just falling short to help us this year... :laugh:

Reactions: John Titor

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Did Cleveland choke that game so the Steelers wouldn’t get in? Just heard some talking head on nfl network say that...

Pretty sure the players don't give two f***s about some rivalry while playing. They are not apart of the history.

Also, I'm sure the Browns would love to stick it to the team that stole their franchise more so than the Steelers.

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
So now the defense for Tomlin is that Steelers fans have unrealistic expectations?

Again, if your defense for a coach doing a good job is anything but saying how he's doing a good job, he's not doing a good job.
No mention of Cowher huh? No mention of a top 5 player who sat out for a season. No mention of Boswell missing the most fg's in the league. No mention of Ben " turnover machine" Rothlisberger. None. Its all Tomlin right? Tomlin made Ben throw picks that lost games right? If anything I think Tomlin needs to reel Ben in to being what he his: a spectacular game manager who can win games no one cares about. Im say Tomlin has to be put on notice. He has to be held accountable. He has to hire better staff. But a lot of his problems are the owners and management meddling ( fire Arians, hire Haley, keep Butler). That is why he has a defense.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
No mention of Cowher huh? No mention of a top 5 player who sat out for a season. No mention of Boswell missing the most fg's in the league. No mention of Ben " turnover machine" Rothlisberger. None. Its all Tomlin right? Tomlin made Ben throw picks that lost games right? If anything I think Tomlin needs to reel Ben in to being what he his: a spectacular game manager who can win games no one cares about. Im say Tomlin has to be put on notice. He has to be held accountable. He has to hire better staff. But a lot of his problems are the owners and management meddling ( fire Arians, hire Haley, keep Butler). That is why he has a defense.

Here is your thread warning. Knock it off.

What in the f***ing hell does Cowher have to do with 2018 football? He's been working for CBS for like 10 years. :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I'll post it again. If your defense for a coach doing a good job is anything but saying how he's doing a good job, he's not doing a good job.

This would be like saying Bylsma was doing a good job in 2012 because Eddie O was terrible in 2006 and Fleury became a sieve in the playoffs.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
No. :laugh: Seriously one of the better catches i've seen by Landry to get them even close. Just a poor thrown couple of balls.

The out pass to Landry was wide open for 8-9 yards. Professional athletes don’t try to lose games that they have been fighting for all afternoon to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs! Come on

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Ben throws picks. Yes.

So why didn't Tomlin, knowing Ben is a pick machine. Run the ball vs LA and Den when he had a lead?

Because he is a bad head coach.

Everyone knew a Ben pick was coming vs Den, so run the Ball up 17-10. Crazy, I know.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
If we have a statistically average kicker we're 11-5 and make the playoffs.
If we're not cursed by 3 late game fumbles we're likely 11 or 12 wins.

Lots of ifs

Oh well. Here's to a good draft.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Lots of ifs

Which means lots of excuses for the Steelers not to make any notable changes.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Tomlin is a defensive coach correct? His background is Secondary specifically I believe. Yet we have a weak pass D for 8 years now? Players have been drafted and not one could be coached up?

Sorry Mike but your time is up. It’s not all his fault but when you are in charge of the circus you take the fall. The way the world works.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Lots of ifs

Yeah but didn't that statistically average kicker help the team get to 13-3 last year. Correct me if I'm wrong but there were a lot of GWF by Boz.

Here's the thing..Maybe last year it didn't have to come down to Boz either.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
According to Tankathon we are currently 19th but will slide back to 20th once the Titans or Colts are 9-7 after their game.

Baltimore is 24th, so we will be picking 4 picks higher than if we had made the playoffs.
ty that could be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad