GDT: GDT Preseason game 5 Halifax Edition: Pens vs Aval..... What wait?! Why the Senators? We want Mack

I am:

• Excited for the game tonight

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Annoyed we arent playing the Avs

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Theres hockey?

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If Letang's gonna be on the top PP unit, move where he's playing and what role he's filling.

Doesn't really make a ton of sense to me to have EK65 and Letang both trying to do the same thing up at the point, and seniority with the organization or not, it's clear EK65 is about 10x the smooth skating, creative guy Letang is at this stage.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
They finished 17th in goals for last year. They absolutely struggled to score goals last year. What are you talking about that their issue last year was holding onto leads? They were below average both offensively and defensively.

Pens blew nearly 20 3rd period leads last year, with the majority being 2 goals or more.

THAT WAS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM. It's coaching and their style of play when leading. They don't tighten up and slow the game down. And they are too old to keep going full throttle. This is on Sullivan.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
It’s bizarre how we follow the same script every game and people want to blame the players even though we’ve done three full roster overhauls.

Anyways, it’s obvious EK65, Letang and Malkin are getting the scapegoat this year for our pathetic coach.
It's a preseason game surrounded by a ton of fanfare and off-ice stuff. You really think that a bunch of 30-somethings were going to be at their best?

How about we let them play some actual regular season games before we grab the pitchforks and light the torches?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Does a new coach come with a time machine to age back Malkin and Letang by 5 years?

If not, it's not going to make a difference.
So aging players turn into job security for coach?
Your atexwhat your record says you are .....and sullys record is garbage

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pens blew nearly 20 3rd period leads last year, with the majority being 2 goals or more.

THAT WAS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM.

Now I know you're just making up numbers. Do you seriously think that "20 blown 3rd period leads", meaning one out of every 4 games, is even remotely believable? If they were running a trap system, they never would have had those leads to begin with because they wouldn't be able to score.

No matter how many times fans suggest it, the Penguins implementing a trap system is and has always been a stupid suggestion.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's a preseason game surrounded by a ton of fanfare and off-ice stuff. You really think that a bunch of 30-somethings were going to be at their best?

How about we let them play some actual regular season games before we grab the pitchforks and light the torches?

You’ve been saying how about we give Sullivan a chance for like two years lol

Reactions: canadianguy77

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I know it's preseason but I already said it when it happened.

We will miss Zucker on L2 he was a much better fit with Geno.

And

Graves has a lot to prove, he's not as good as many think he is.

I am no doom and gloom. I lub EK

Reactions: Gurglesons

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think I'm really gonna even notice or care about wins, losses, or the standings until like January. :laugh:

We all know what this team is, what the individual players are, and where they're likely to be in the standings for most of the season.

I do hope they're at least enjoyable to watch on any given night. For real long stretches last season, it wasn't even worth keeping the game on for background noise. :laugh:

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yes, I saw a young man no older than 9 in tears walking out of the arena sobbing to his mother about how he came to see Crosby win faceoffs. It’s Nate’s town now.
Nates town indeed, at least he wouldn't be an empty jersey.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
We’re way too slow down the middle. Obviously, theres not a lot we can do about the top 2 guys, but they can definitely do something about JC.

Let Letang QB his own unit, because if he’s not shooting on the PP, he serves no purpose. He’s a below average passer and his peripheral vision is almost non-existant. Not to mention that he can’t catch up to players that get a step on him.

Pretty sure EK and Sid created the best chances tonight, so maybe we should try to stick them together 5 on 5 a bit more? Just a thought.

This season is going to be a disaster unless someone steps in and sets Sullivan straight fairly early on.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I also like how some people are so obsessed with Sullivan that they need to start bitching about him and his playoff record in a god damn pre-season game. I don't even like him but good god you people need some therapy.

We will miss Zucker on L2 he was a much better fit with Geno.

I don't think this is the problem from L2 from what I've seen.

I fully agree with you about missing Zucker but I don't think not having Zucker is what will cause L2 to be bad if it's bad. That's going to fall on Geno's shoulders if that happens.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Preseason hockey

its-still.gif

Reactions: Headshot77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad