GDT: GDT Preseason game 5 Halifax Edition: Pens vs Aval..... What wait?! Why the Senators? We want Mack

I am:

• Excited for the game tonight

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Annoyed we arent playing the Avs

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Theres hockey?

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
xtvwhqmdpalopa90jqo0.png

The Penguins will take on the Ottawa Senators at Scotiabank Centre in Halifax, NS tonight at 6:00 PM ET. The game will be the fifth of seven preseason games for Pittsburgh.
Local fans can watch the Nova Scotia Showdown on the new broadcast home of the Penguins, SportsNet Pittsburgh.
Click here to view the Penguins' lineup for tonight's contest
Team Preseason Records: PIT (2-1-1) OTT (4-1-0)

BROADCAST INFORMATION
  • Sportsnet Pittsburgh (in-market) - new look, same channel.
  • NHL Network (out-of-market)
  • 105.9 the X (radio)

MORE ABOUT THE PENGUINS' NOVA SCOTIA TRIP
Pittsburgh has multiple ties to Nova Scotia including captain Sidney Crosby, a native of Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia - just a quick 20-minute drive away from downtown Halifax. Crosby grew up playing hockey at Cole Harbour Place, the site of yesterday's team practice. Defenseman Ryan Graves grew up in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, a coastal town that is roughly a three-hour drive from Halifax. Graves played in multiple youth tournaments over the years in Halifax and also visited Scotiabank Centre during his time in the QMJHL from 2012-15. Guest coach Kori Cheverie is also a native of Nova Scotia. She attended Saint Mary's University in Halifax from 2005-10 and played on the women's hockey team there from 2008-10. Finally, Penguins Strength and Conditioning Coach Alexi Pianosi is a native of Halifax.

Screenshot-2023-10-02-at-11-43-40-Pittsburgh-Penguins-on-Instagram-HOCKEY-IN-HALIFAX-Here-is-our-ros.png

Reactions: DisIsMyLife

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
I wanted to watch this, too bad NHL Network poached the game. I despise local blackouts, but at least I understand them from a team's perspective, I absolutely do not understand why ESPN Power Play subscribers get locked out of a game for the sake of making people watch a network not available to most of the country.

That being said, hope to listen some great action with the regulars playing. Hopefully one of the potential fourth liners can step up against some good competition and stand out.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I wanted to watch this, too bad NHL Network poached the game. I despise local blackouts, but at least I understand them from a team's perspective, I absolutely do not understand why ESPN Power Play subscribers get locked out of a game for the sake of making people watch a network not available to most of the country.

That being said, hope to listen some great action with the regulars playing. Hopefully one of the potential fourth liners can step up against some good competition and stand out.
Yeah, I can’t watch it either and I’m pissed…I’m hoping SportsNet Pittsburgh will have a online streaming option accessible to people who don’t have cable and live in Pittsburgh…

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Pirate streams don't get blacked out. Have you considered solving the problem instead of getting toyed with by greedy networks all season?

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Swap Rust and Hinistroza. We already know what Rust provides up there. It’s usually not a lot. Let’s find out if anyone else can be a better fit.

No? Okay. Let’s just stick with what we know…again.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

It's not blacked out. It's on the former ATT Sports Pittsburgh, which is now Sportsnet Pittsburgh.

Edit: Nevermind, you're not in Pittsburgh.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Can someone give me a rundown on Shea? I’m unfamiliar with him. Thanks.

Reactions: End of Line
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad