U18: GDT: Hlinka Gretzky Cup Gold Medal and Bronze Medal Games

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Isn't is "just" two U20 in a row?
3 of 4. :) Should have been 4 of 4. :)

But best on bests in Canada with Canadian refs are okay? Right?

Or 80 percent of world Juniors in Canada or a border town.

Or the fact that this tourney used to only be in Czech and Slovakia and the name Gretzky was added to it and it it is now split between Canada and Czech and Slovakia.

Also... One of the refs was Canadian. One was Czech. Not sure how you are missing that detail. No idea where the third ref was from... I'm guessing not Czech though...

It was a glorious final... Almost went to double OT
.. you won gold and have done nothing but complain.

Also... Find me one NHL playoff thread where both fanbase aren't bitching about the refs. Or world Junior thread. Or world championships thread.
Don't worry about it, CB, you're team played great.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
But best on bests in Canada with Canadian refs are okay? Right?

Or 80 percent of world Juniors in Canada or a border town.

Or the fact that this tourney used to only be in Czech and Slovakia and the name Gretzky was added to it and it it is now split between Canada and Czech and Slovakia.

Also... One of the refs was Canadian. One was Czech. Not sure how you are missing that detail. No idea where the third ref was from... I'm guessing not Czech though...

It was a glorious final... Almost went to double OT
.. you won gold and have done nothing but complain.

Also... Find me one NHL playoff thread where both fanbase aren't bitching about the refs. Or world Junior thread. Or world championships thread.
Answer the question i posed to you. Did you feel it was called evenly?

I didn't consider it a glorious final. I felt the reffing tarnished what could have been a good final.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Cheap tournament. They are even too cheap to pay someone to run the website. I wonder how much money they rake in for this tourney?
You do know it's in Canada half the time, right?

You do know Gretzky (in the name of the tourney) is Canadian, right?

You do know hockey Canada helps run it, right?

Reactions: thrillhous

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That was truly the dullest 3 on 3 OT I've ever seen. I was actually bored.

Amazing shot to win it. I knew once Czechia did not score on their 4 on 3, Canada would win.

Sorry to @Czechboy. Once, again, your country deserves better.
My country is thrilled with silver and a few really good looking NHL prospects on D.

Congrats ... Well deserved gold. All that chirping after the Finn loss has gone away!

I loved Catton.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The Czech coach was consoling the refs after the loss. You don't see that often. ;)
LMAO !!!!

Not sure if there is any truth to that but the post literally made me LOL.

My country is thrilled with silver and a few really good looking NHL prospects on D.

Congrats ... Well deserved gold. All that chirping after the Finn loss has gone away!

I loved Catton.
Thanks, mang.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I am off to cut ANOTHER lawn - tired of cutting the grass ALL the time.

I taped the game so I'll have something to watch after Church, tonight - see you all at Church.

Have a great day, boys.

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Graceless and bitching about the refs even in victory. Must suck to be you. I don’t recall you complaining about the refs taking away the Czechs’ completely legitimate goal. Or a discussion about the Canadian ref on the ice tonight.
Minor details... Dude thinks thunder Bay is near Prague.

Reactions: Old Man Jags

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Jesus you are boring and graceless in victory. Did the coach console the Canadian referee on the ice tonight as well?

No, it really doesn’t.
The Canadian ref was berated by the others for not booking Spence for stealing. ;)

But in all seriously, it really is awesome to be me! :)

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
E
I am off to cut ANOTHER lawn - tired of cutting the grass ALL the time.

I taped the game so I'll have something to watch after Church, tonight - see you all at Church.

Have a great day, boys.
Enjoy Church and the grass, in no particular order.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Someone should save this thread for whenever Canadian fans complain at the next world championships - as they do every year - that European fans whine too much about unfair referees, and that Canadians don’t do that…. Well, we have Exhibit A for the defence. Some are even petty enough to do that ad absurdum even after they won a game in which their opposition got a legitimate goal taken away.

Reactions: Czechboy

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
You do know it's in Canada half the time, right?

You do know Gretzky (in the name of the tourney) is Canadian, right?

You do know hockey Canada helps run it, right?
No I don't know who runs it. I am just saying that whoever it is is too cheap to run it well but it is likely raking in money.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Someone should save this thread for whenever Canadian fans complain at the next world championships - as they do every year - that European fans whine too much about unfair referees, and that Canadians don’t do that…. Well, we have Exhibit A for the defence. Some are even petty enough to do that ad absurdum even after they won a game in which their opposition got a legitimate goal taken away.
When refereeing is in the favor of Canada (and this has happened recently - Can vs USA world juniors) i am the first to call out the refs.

Its sad that you can't do the same. Or maybe you thought the reffing was called evenly. If that's the case, just say it.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
So what can I say about that.. Of course we made the fatal mistake, but honestly, the opponent was better than that goal.
Overall complete satisfaction. We played brave and attacking hockey, maybe we will want to play this kind of hockey all the time and the common lie about Czech hockey that we only have to play from defense will finally stop being true.
To individuals.
It seemed to me that Jiříček was already a bit physically poor, his time on the ice is not surprising at all, he played a great tournament.
Galvas played better and better, and after a weak start, he slightly increased his chances for a good draft. From the rest of the defense, I think Fibigr and Hlinský were good, players for the late rounds of the draft.
There is an ominous silence about Svozil, I don't know if they didn't say something at the beginning of the broadcast, but it slowly dawns on me that he didn't do something wrong... I don't know him by his looks, there was one player in civilian clothes, maybe it was him.
Benák was excellent in attack, some players surprised quite a bit, probably Titlbach and Curran the most. Kos was certainly good too, it's a shame about the mistake that decided the match. The rest of the team also played to the limit, just good for me..

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
When refereeing is in the favor of Canada (and this has happened recently - Can vs USA world juniors) i am the first to call out the refs.

Its sad that you can't do the same. Or maybe you thought the reffing was called evenly. If that's the case, just say it.
Funny how you did not once react to the repeated mentions of the wrongly disallowed Czech goal, the most consequential wrong decision of the game. So perhaps your perception is more selective that you think. On other decisions, yes, I think there were more calls (or non-calls) that we t against Canada. I agree with you on that. And now what? Or rather, so what? Happens all the time, I have seen the Czechs done over many times by incompetent and / or biased refs. But do I keep going on and on about it, especially if my team actually won? No. I’d say the refs were poor / incompetent / biased (sadly very common) and move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad