U18: GDT: Hlinka Gretzky Cup Gold Medal and Bronze Medal Games

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
If you told me before the game that it's be 2-1 (not 5-0) and we started the third with a PP... I'd be happy.

No idea how we got a 4 minute PP... Seems wrong. Even worse, we didn't capitalize.

You would be hard pressed to convince me there was much difference between the Canadian second goal and the disallowed Czech 2nd goal.

Czechs got some great chances in second half of period.

Canada is better . Thrilled it's close. I love how the Czechs are playing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I didn't even turn on the US game until it was 3-2. They are showing the highlights in the intermission.

Shocking how we are allowing goals. Not like it's happening the same ways every game. At this point in the tournament, I only blame the coaches for putting some of these players out there to get beat shift after shift.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If you told me before the game that it's be 2-1 (not 5-0) and we started the third with a PP... I'd be happy.

No idea how we got a 4 minute PP... Seems wrong. Even worse, we didn't capitalize.

You would be hard pressed to convince me there was much difference between the Canadian second goal and the disallowed Czech 2nd goal.

Czechs got some great chances in second half of period.

Canada is better . Thrilled it's close. I love how the Czechs are playing.
Canada is easily the better team. But anything can happen in a one and done tournament.

Reactions: Back in Black

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
There simply has to be a penalty there. This clown has pushed his net off dozens of times this tournament - no other goalie has issues with the nets.
Unless there is a problem with the pegs any time a goalie knocks the net of should be a delay of game penalty.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
No point caring about who wins the game. Refs will give the game to Czechia.
Go cry into your knickers. If the refs are so biased rather than just incompetent, why did they not give the second Czech goal? The refs at these tournaments are always poor (see IIHF tournaments) and the Czechs had their more than fair share of decisions go against them. Always a poor luck to cry about the refs affecting the outcome. Part of the deal: the refs are shocking

Reactions: czechcanadian

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Regardless of how this ends, I’m happy for the incredibly passionate Czech fans on their home turf. Benak and Jiricek could be absolute superstars and join the group of really exciting young players they have going on.

Let’s be clear - Canada utterly dominated play all game long and the decision to let Czech refs officiate was a joke. The balance of penalties is absurd when you look at the severe imbalance in even strength possession, and the Czechs had free range to commit stick infractions for the entire 60 minutes. Zero hooking penalties is…insane.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Win or lose, really impressed with Canada's play and their discipline. Will see if they get rewarded.

If this was the 70's, Canada's equivalent of Bobby Clarke would have carved up a ref.

Reactions: Dominance

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Win or lose, really impressed with Canada's play and their discipline. Will see if they get rewarded.
I agree. The entire team has been rolling. Great forecheck and the team defense has completely stifled a strong Czech team that ran roughshod over the US, and each line is generating high danger chances through individual skill and collective effort around the puck. Just need one of these bounces to go in.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
as much as I want Canada to win, let's all remember how the USA was royally screwed a few years ago when a Canada goal was counted that should not have counted.

The officiating is always suspect, even in the NHL

Reactions: Czechboy

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Go cry into your knickers. If the refs are so biased rather than just incompetent, why did they not give the second Czech goal? The refs at these tournaments are always poor (see IIHF tournaments) and the Czechs had their more than fair share of decisions go against them. Always a poor luck to cry about the refs affecting the outcome. Part of the deal: the refs are shocking
Watch the game. Most of the calls on Canada were legitimate. One PP for Canada and several obvious penalties on Czechia ignored. Of course if Caanda could hit the net they win by 2 or 3 goals.

If this was the 70's, Canada's equivalent of Bobby Clarke would have carved up a ref.
No. He would have Kreidered the Czech goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad