U18: GDT: Hlinka Gretzky Cup Gold Medal and Bronze Medal Games

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Well it's time!

It's raining and literally raining into the arena.lol. So expext a foggy feed with shitty ice!

Only lineup quibble is that skok went from 7th Dman tomforst pair ans.fibigr is on third pair....he's been with jiricek all tourney to my memory.

Still.no.idea what happened to svozil.

Make.no mistake though... This is our team.and no complaints going in. We lose... We lose because Canada was better.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Benak broke the record for most points Ona tourney by a Czexh.... One of my fav prospects Jan jenik had it before... Still waiting to see him full time in NHL.

The other record is by sale... 9 points... But over two tourneys. Benak is back next year and I like his chances of getting a point or two!

Last gold team created a bumper crop! Kaut, Necas, zadina and Chytil. Curious if we get 4 nhlers out of this squad? Kaut is gone but Patera is still here. Zadina is a few months from.being a hero who bet on himself or an extraliga star who gave away millions.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Keys to victory...

Milota at .900
Spread out scoring
String defending
It's in Czech so a little thc food poisoning wouldn't hurt.. some.smiling Canadian kids skating around giggling.

Honestly, we are big underdogs... Everyone was except maybe Sweden. Canada lost first game and has been scoring double touchdowns and touchdowns since.

Reactions: Back in Black

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
2-0 USA

Not gonna crucify this age group for one tournament but have crossed out many names from this team

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Keys to victory...

Milota at .900
Spread out scoring
String defending
It's in Czech so a little thc food poisoning wouldn't hurt.. some.smiling Canadian kids skating around giggling.

Honestly, we are big underdogs... Everyone was except maybe Sweden. Canada lost first game and has been scoring double touchdowns and touchdowns since.
I can only watch the first period - swim party > summer tournament.

While I can't say I hope Czechia wins, my friend, if they do, I'm happy for you. Good luck.

Reactions: Czechboy

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Nice to see USA bounce back. Assumin we hang on, I’ll take Bronze at Hlinka every year. Obviously I’d love to get more but, until we change the way we view this tourney, this is a good end result.

Reactions: William H Bonney

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Tuned in after it was already 1-0 CZE, but CAN has looked dominant since. Misa is so fun to watch, he's so active off the puck, it reminds me of Marner. Players think they shake him off, but he back-tracks for a steal, or stick lift, or just pressure.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1-0... First ten minutes were even. Second ten were not. Canada is winning battles and getting in tight. Milota with some good saves, a post and a few shots sprayed wide.

Thrilled with a lead. Canada is averaging 8!goals a game in this tourney though.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice goal by the Czechs!
Curious how titlbach does this season. He looks like a stud in this tourney but I'm not sure if that is because of Benak being so damn good.

Titlbach is definitely on my radar now

Reactions: Swipes

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Usually when Canada scores.. Czech D are all lying on the ground. Rare to see a Canuck on his ass while we are scoring.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Curious how titlbach does this season. He looks like a stud in this tourney but I'm not sure if that is because of Benak being so damn good.

Titlbach is definitely on my radar now
Brock didn't mention him on the players to watch. I expect he will be on people's radar now even if he is small for a centre.

Ridiculous penalty call on Canada. How does Dickenson get the only penalties.

Reactions: Back in Black

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Doubt he even gets drafted, but Monteiro is not a bad player. One of the few Americans that has been a positive in this tournament. Good defensive game with some speed and size and not awful offense.

He was also the leading scorer (by 21 points) on Mount St. Charles 16U team that had a number of players in this tournament (Stefanek, Hughes, Kiss).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Brock didn't mention him on the players to watch. I expect he will be on people's radar now even if he is small for a centre.

Ridiculous penalty call on Canada. How does Dickenson get the only penalties.
Czechs tend to rise slowly in draft rankings... If at all. We've sucked for so long that scouts aren't that keen on us. Don't blame them but Plzen is cracking our first rounders at a nice rate (for Czech standards) and that may change. As a Czech fan.. a third or second rounder is a big deal. It's not like a Canuck fan where half the first round is Canadian.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad