U18: GDT: Hlinka Gretzky Cup Gold Medal and Bronze Medal Games

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Regardless of how this ends, I’m happy for the incredibly passionate Czech fans on their home turf. Benak and Jiricek could be absolute superstars and join the group of really exciting young players they have going on.

Let’s be clear - Canada utterly dominated play all game long and the decision to let Czech refs officiate was a joke. The balance of penalties is absurd when you look at the severe imbalance in even strength possession, and the Czechs had free range to commit stick infractions for the entire 60 minutes. Zero hooking penalties is…insane.
Canada definitely dominated 2nd half of the 1st period + most of 2nd, but the rest of the game the play was pretty even 5v5. Obviously Canadian players have the upper hand in 1v1 situation, especially defensively. I expect total domination by Canada in the OT though, too much talent and depth. Great GMG all around.

Aside from the stupid double minor penalty, all the other calls were more or less warranted. Czechs on the other hand got a completely regular goal waived off by the refs, so I'd say both teams are even in that regard.

The overtime will be 3v3 or 4v4?
Should be 3on3.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
This is a carbon copy of juniors at xmas.lol.

Czechs score first

Canada scores next two

Czechs tie up in third.

OT coming in ... Again

Canada was averaging 8;@ game and we kept them to 2 or 3. Wow.

No idea how OT is played but the deeper Canada squad is a big advantage.

Going in... Both teams have one loss... Both teams scored 7 or more in semis. Czechs beat both teams in bronze game by scoring 7 or more. Canada has scored a lote more but Czechs have conceded Les goals. Without looking... Willing to bet the goal differential is very close coming in.

I'd make the all star team Liv in net... Benak and jiricek and then the rest are Canuck players.

Commentators said we haven't beat Canada here in 20 years.lol.

At xmas it was a bouncing puck on Kulich that led to the winner.

Kubieasr scored a key goal against Sweden too. Nice role player. Benak beat sales point record here and sale did that over two tourneys.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Canada definitely dominated 2nd half of the 1st period + most of 2nd, but the rest of the game the play was pretty even 5v5. Obviously Canadian players have the upper hand in 1v1 situation, especially defensively. I expect total domination by Canada in the OT though, too much talent and depth. Great GMG all around.

Aside from the stupid double minor penalty, all the other calls were more or less warranted. Czechs on the other hand got a completely regular goal waived off by the refs, so I'd say both teams are even in that regard.

Should be 3on3.
No point in discussing if you honestly believe that. I could count the chances the Czechs had at even strength on one hand, and the commentators were constantly remarking on how stifling Canada’s team defense was. You can’t seriously look at a team reduced to taking wrist shots from three feet inside the blue line on 1-on-3s and think they’re competitive.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
No point in discussing if you honestly believe that. I could count the chances the Czechs had at even strength on one hand, and the commentators were constantly remarking on how stifling Canada’s team defense was. You can’t seriously look at a team reduced to taking wrist shots from three feet inside the blue line on 1-on-3s and think they’re competitive.
Scoring chances-wise, they had the upper hand, not arguing about that. But it's not like the the Czechs didn't get out of the zone (which is what I imagine when you say 'dominating').

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
So I am often an underdog guy, but the level of favouritism by these refs is a disgrace. Makes me want Canada to win, which I rarely do in these tournaments.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad