TV: GDT. Game of thrones episode 2 discussion. Stay out of if you have not seen it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 151739

Who else is ready for Theon to channel Boromir next week?

Brienne's knighting made me cry so much.

Why is Sansa so serious and wise all of sudden? Cringy writing and acting. Other than that great episode that actually felt like GoT for the first time since season 6 lol.

Sansa has had the best character development of the entire show. Where have you been?

She's learned from both Tyrion and Littlefinger.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Decent set up episode but laid the fan service on a little thick. We better have four good episodes coming .

Also, kinda dumb that the most normal conversation Bran has had with anybody since becoming the Three Eyed Raven is with Jamie Lannister.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
My vote would go to Liam Cunningham in terms of voice. I can see him playing King Lear and doing a great job of it.

nah the best voice was easily Roose Bolton. Michael Mcelhattan just had that eerie tone...so cool, and cold.

Apr 28, 2010
Rewatching it now.

Damn. Dany is having a really rough time. Not having to execute Jaime and finding out Jon's true identity. I assume this is all happening on the same day?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
These 'calm before the storm' sorts of stories work so much better when there's such a weight and history to each of the characters and their relationships.

One of the strengths of the television format. Fantastic table setting episode. Had everything. Comedy, drama, romance. Even Ghost! What more could you ask for?

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The fact Dany is worried about the iron throne when the end of the world as they know it is imminent says it all. That's all she cares about.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
These 'calm before the storm' sorts of stories work so much better when there's such a weight and history to each of the characters and their relationships.

One of the strengths of the television format. Fantastic table setting episode. Had everything. Comedy, drama, romance. Even Ghost! What more could you ask for?
It was a good night for HBO. Thought all three new episodes of TV were excellent tonight.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They said the crypt was the safest place so many times that you just know it isn’t going to be safe.
Yeah I expect the crypts to be this season's Red Wedding moment.

Decent set up episode but laid the fan service on a little thick. We better have four good episodes coming .

Also, kinda dumb that the most normal conversation Bran has had with anybody since becoming the Three Eyed Raven is with Jamie Lannister.

His scene with Sam and discovering Jon's true parentage was pretty close to normal compared to everything else. But I wonder why people are so fixated on this. Like his mind is not the same anymore. Was Bran really some super interesting character in the first place that his sapping of personality is such a detriment?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
“They said it was the safest place!”
That's why I think Sam is going to survive. I expect he's going to be spared to bear the emotional weight when Gilly dies. Well I say when like it's a sure thing, but I really think the crypts are gonna go zombie mode and slaughter everyone.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Why is Sansa so serious and wise all of sudden? Cringy writing and acting. Other than that great episode that actually felt like GoT for the first time since season 6 lol.
Jesus christ why is this such a problem? Year after year people complain about Sansa. When she was younger it was because she was too naive and bratty. Now that she's jaded and refuses to take shit from others after her 8 season development, much of it being a doormat for everyone else to walk over, it's a problem that she's grown up and still has flaws through her tortured upbringing.

I mean sure it was kind of annoying that she had an issue with feeding Dany's army, but beyond that it's like there's always something to complain about. She's serious and "wise" because that's what her upbringing made her. She grew up watching and being subjected to the worst the kingdom could throw at her and now she's cautious and is hesitant to trust others. That was the entire point of her character arc. She was held hostage, beaten, tortured physically and psychologically, repeatedly raped. It seriously blows my mind that people expect a character to come out of that cheery and quick to trust.

I swear it's like some people would rather they just have had Sansa sit in the background sewing for soldiers than have them try to do anything with her character. Like, characters have flaws. People have flaws. Even Jon was a brat and is a slave to honor. I don't know why people expect tv show characters to be these homogenized symbols of perfection, but for some reason Sansa in particular gets raked over the coals season after season and I really don't get it. Especially tonight. She was fine all around. She had reason to distrust Jamie but chose to keep faith in Brienne. She vouched for Tyrion despite recognizing the foolishness of his plan last seasson. She was right to have trepidations about Dany's plans after the Battle for Winterfell. Like what was so wrong with her tonight?

Last edited:

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
I kept expecting someone to pipe up and say that maybe, just maybe, a room full of dead people isn't the best place to send people when you're fighting someone who can raise the dead.

I thought it was a fantastic episode, possibly the best since Hardhome. There was just so many great moments between characters. Tormund's story was amazing, and Jamie knighting Brienne was a fantastic scene. It's too bad so many of them have to die.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Is Jon coming around to the idea of being king? That's the vibe I'm getting. As a "duty bound" character (ala Ned, Stannis, etc.) he seems inclined to accept a role he doesn't necessarily want but is compelled to anyway. Dany won't be able to get past that me thinks.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I don't know how many people demanded it, but the backlash from people like you shows how strange some people are when it comes to this subject.

It's okay for young men to get some and people always cheer them on when they do, but not for a young woman? I know for a fact people here rooted for Tommen. People need to start living in the 21st century. The actress herself also needed to do this scene so that people didn't see her as a child for the rest of her career. There will be more of them down the line.

The newsflash is that girls grow up into women and when some of them think they're going to die the next day not having had sex before, they want to have sex.

This. Some seriously cringey reactions to Aryas scene with Gendry tonight.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I kept expecting someone to pipe up and say that maybe, just maybe, a room full of dead people isn't the best place to send people when you're fighting someone who can raise the dead.

I thought it was a fantastic episode, possibly the best since Hardhome. There was just so many great moments between characters. Tormund's story was amazing, and Jamie knighting Brienne was a fantastic scene. It's too bad so many of them have to die.
Jamie knighting Brienne was just about the best way to bring those two characters full circle.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Why is it such a problem for you that he has a different opinion than you do? We could have fun and feel free to joke around, but some are so serious, assuming, and PC (Litn) and feel they have to write multiple paragraphs about why the other guy is wrong. It feels like the rightly killed Poly Board. The whole purpose of the board is for everyone to express their opinions. I don't like this post's survival chances. ;)
Psst...my post was an opinion too, bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad