GDT: Canada-Sweden, 3:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
rivercanyon said:
I expected a collaps of course :) But its too early I think. They need to get their stuff together so this game doesn´t turn too ugly.

They had less than a day to recover from yesterday plus they had to travel to this game. I expect at least 4 more goals from the Canadians.

Oh look. The Next One scored a goal now when the game is won. Good for him!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
The skill it took to score that last goal by Crosby was amazing. With zero icetime, he's still getting it done.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
This was Canada's first real test.. although a step under Russia or USA, Canada's shown that they can pull together

Like I said after the first game, refs call everything and so Canada needs to retool around the discipline-first mindset

Astaroth

Apr 22, 2004
Montreal,Qc
With all the penalties, I think Crosby only played like 8 minutes before scoring. TSN is making a big deal about it, no surprise...

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
kmad said:
Canada really got a momentum boost killing off that humongous 5 on 3

Phaneuf is now my favorite defensive prospect despite his being drafted by Calgary... how the hell did he go 7th overall??
Because he has progressed amazingly. He was very rough around the edges when he was drafted. Not great puck skills or vision. As you can see, he has put it all together in a BIG way.

Oil_slick9416*

apparently some swede left the game with a broken arm..in the 1st

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
jtuzzi21 said:
Because he has progressed amazingly. He was very rough around the edges when he was drafted. Not great puck skills or vision. As you can see, he has put it all together in a BIG way.

Like McGuire said, Phaneuf will Flames fans should be doing cartwheels cause Phaneuf will be anchoring the Flames defense for the next 10-15 years. :p:

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
The thing about players with such raw skill is that they're well worth taking chances on. With Phaneuf, most people knew that he'd pan out. There wasn't much of a risk even on draft day.

Feb 24, 2004
The awful refereeing goes both ways.

That grossman call at the end was horrendous. Perry clearly fell.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Haaaaa, the commentators can hardly talk over the Go Jets Go chants. Hillarious. More than half the building is filled with Winnipeggers.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
A Swedish player out with a broken arm? Can anyone confirm, and if so, which player?
Thanks

leafaholix*

carl from pori said:
The goalie in sweden does he have any help at all?
He should have had 2 or 3 of the goals.

He's tremendously small and quick, but positionally he's got problems and he hasn't shown any use of his glove so far. He's good, but his play hasn't been that great.

Feb 24, 2004
Predatore said:
A Swedish player out with a broken arm? Can anyone confirm, and if so, which player?
Thanks

I can confirm that there is a swedish player out, just the name escapes me.

leafaholix*

Predatore said:
Thanks
Linus Persson left the game with a broken arm.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Leafaholix said:

He's tremendously small and quick, but positionally he's got problems and he hasn't shown any use of his glove so far. He's good, but his play hasn't been that great.

You say he's small as if it's an asset..

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Predatore said:
Thanks

I think it's Linus Persson.

(edit: Oops, didn't see Leafaholix there)

Feb 24, 2004
Leafaholix said:

2 or 3? The third goal was bad agreed, but he's also made up for it with his play on the other shots Canada has had. They've had some good chances and he's really doing well moving side to side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad