GDT: Canada-Sweden, 3:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Canada_2005_Champs said:
Thank you very much, I said 8-1..... and people say i dont know what im talkin about....phfft

Good guess. Its a crap shoot when you predict scores. If you could do this all the time, I would ask you for the lottery numbers.

8-1 is a very extreme and could be very insulting prediction by some people. Most would think canada would win but then hold back so as to not insult the other team, which is why some people might say you were crazy.

Anyhow, great job on the guess work.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
wilka91 said:
Well I think it's fair to say that Canada is the heavy favorite of the WJC now! Or is it old news?

I guess, but it's not like Team Sweden is a contender anyway.

leafaholix*

rivercanyon said:
Thx.

And among the defensemen?
Svanberg, Savilahti-Nagander, Grossman, and Fransson were okay.

Granat, Hedman, and Stralman weren't noticeable.

Savilahti-Nagander's size and strength is impressive... Grossman played a similar style to Nagander... and Fransson wasn't very good offensively, he didn't do anything, but defensively he cleared a couple pucks and played okay.

I don't think Stralman, Granat, and Hedman played much.

chicpea*

Leafaholix said:
Soderberg was good, he's strong and he definitely impressed me.

Totally. He was the only Swedish player really throwing his body around on a consistent basis.

I have to say, Heino-Lindberg did the man on his mask proud tonight - he was great.

leafaholix*

chicpea said:
Totally. He was the only Swedish player really throwing his body around on a consistent basis.

I have to say, Heino-Lindberg did the man on his mask proud tonight - he was great.
I wouldn't say "great"... he made some acrobatic saves that hit him and stayed out, but he was out of position constantly and gave up 2 or 3 weak goals.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Chaos said:
I think this game will be closer than alot of people expect. Gonna say 6-4 canada, with the last one scored into an empty net.

Stewart, Bergeron(2), Carter(2), Crosby(EN)

Eriksson(2), Soderberg, Salmonsson

You hit it right on....

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Hart_House_Ca said:
Good guess. Its a crap shoot when you predict scores. If you could do this all the time, I would ask you for the lottery numbers.

Hart_House_Ca said:
You hit it right on....

Follow your own words my friend ;)....can't always be right.

billabong55

Dec 8, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Much better game by Canada tonight. They had a much more solid effort and you could tell the coaching staff sent out some wakeup calls that were answered.

Great game by Richards, and I was glad to see he got the player of the game award. His work during that 5-on-3 was awesome,and he threw some great hits.

I really think everyone had a good game for Canada tonight, and I thought Glass looked much more comfortable then he did last night.

Now to work on staying out of the penalty box.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Sitting here after watching the game i can honestly say Im never happy.. everytime they have the puck I wanted them to score haha I wanted it 12-1 .. but it was a good performance.. they need less penalties...

The swedes were aggressive as hell tho early on the PK... good for them..

leafaholix*

Leafer4Life said:
I didn't get to see this game today :banghead: Sounds like it was a great one! WAY TO GO CANADA AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:
TSN is going to show it again later on, check the website.

There's an encore of every Canadian game on TSN.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
phaneuf was actually drafted #9 overall, not 7th, behind suter and coburn.

i like coburn, but atlanta's gotta be kicking themselves for not taking phaneuf. actually, i'm sure there are a couple others kicking themselves as well.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
hawker14 said:
phaneuf was actually drafted #9 overall, not 7th, behind suter and coburn.

i like coburn, but atlanta's gotta be kicking themselves for not taking phaneuf. actually, i'm sure there are a couple others kicking themselves as well.

*cough* Buffalo *cough*

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Brock said:
Maybe this lights a fire under Stewart, who on talent alone definitely does not deserve to be the 13th forward. However you can argue that he hasn't looked great so far this tourney. However, I would say that he hasn't been as disappointing as guys like Ladd or Getzlaf or even Dawes on that line.
I'm like 99% sure he's hurt somewhere.

He left the ice early that one practice after he was like the best player on the ice, and was never the same.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I know there is a lot of praise for Phaneuf, and rightfully so, but how does Weber look in these games? I can't see them live, or I wouldn't bother asking.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Enoch said:
but how does Weber look in these games? I can't see them live, or I wouldn't bother asking.

Very solid I would say. Phaneuf gets all kinds of praise/hype and it is deserved but Weber has been a fine partner for him IMO.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Enoch said:
I know there is a lot of praise for Phaneuf, and rightfully so, but how does Weber look in these games? I can't see them live, or I wouldn't bother asking.
In your face, rock solid. Very physical. He has good puck skills too.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
jtuzzi21 said:
In your face, rock solid. Very physical. He has good puck skills too.

Yep, both were solid tonight, especially on the penalty kill. They log a lot of ice time, too much at times. I thought Belle had a pretty good game as well, a very underrated player in my mind. Another solid game for Clarke MacCarthur as well as Getzlaf and Dawes stepping it up a lot. Glass was better, although he was not tested very often. It will be interesting to see who gets the start vs. Germany.

leafaholix*

Enoch said:
Shea Weber is an animal.

At one point on the PK he was clearing 2 or 3 guys from in front of his net.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Leafaholix said:
Shea Weber is an animal.

At one point on the PK he was clearing 2 or 3 guys from in front of his net.

Yup. While Phaneuf has shown signs of brilliance, he has made the odd boneheaded play, while Weber has probably been Canada's most consistent defenseman so far. Him and Phaneuf together are absolute beasts.

leafaholix*

The Albino said:
Yup. While Phaneuf has shown signs of brilliance, he has made the odd boneheaded play, while Weber has probably been Canada's most consistent defenseman so far. Him and Phaneuf together are absolute beasts.
I disagree, Phaneuf has yet to make a boneheaded play.

Both have been equally great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad