Value of: Gauging Barkov's trade price

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
And thats why 1 year before, the contract is done, you can re-sign a Player as the Team have him. And i think if not on first or second Day on the "NEXT" FA Phase this contract is re-signed, we will have an interisting FA Time.
Ye I fully understand that but I am just saying, if Florida is falling towards another re-tool or rebuild, they are really going to find it tricky to convince Barkov to stick around and.be part of it after the team has just been bobbling around mid-low end of the conference year after year.

Discounting the play-in this year, they have only had 2 playoff appearances in 20 years.

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
Barkov will walk to FA in 2 seasons unless Florida really gets its act together.

Nearly all teams will be lining up to take a run at Barkov and honestly think the Rangers will push the hardest.
Zibanejad will be the next option on the board. That class is stacked

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Why they should do this, Florida can re-sign him 1 year earlier before every talk comes up. With the Cap hit comes in when Stralman contract runs out. 5 million alone open in cap from stralman. next year on the you have the same Situation with Hörqvist and Huberdeau also 5 Million cap space.
This GM really had his thought upfront.

Thats worst case scenario of course
The hope is he inks the contract next July in 2021.
These posters who think he's going to a huge market don't know his personality too well. He's not that type of leader and he seems to be really loyal, like a Mikko Koivu who played majority of his career in one place, I know its rare now to do it but just gut feeling he stays.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Thats worst case scenario of course
The hope is he inks the contract next July in 2021.
These posters who think he's going to a huge market don't know his personality too well. He's not that type of leader and he seems to be really loyal, like a Mikko Koivu who played majority of his career in one place, I know its rare now to do it but just gut feeling he stays.
The difference is the hunger for success. Koivu was part of some very good Minnesota teams and they made the playoffs a lot during his time there. Not many deep runs but still was part of a team that won more often than not

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
There are only two teams Barkov will want to play for and one of them is the Rangers. FLA fans will get a lot less than they think they will for Barkov.

Rangers offer a career AHL prospect, Henrik's old goalie pads, and a roll of toilet paper. You won't find a better offer anywhere.

He's not even that good. :sarcasm:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd offer a lot for him from the Flames. I'd even overpay honestly. I'd offer untouchable pieces to get Barkov. I would do Monahan and one of Gaudreau, Mangiapane or Hanifin. Or I'd offer Tkachuk and the forward prospect of your choice. Barkov is an elite center and exactly what we need.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The difference is the hunger for success. Koivu was part of some very good Minnesota teams and they made the playoffs a lot during his time there. Not many deep runs but still was part of a team that won more often than not
Eh, the Panthers are looking better right now than Minnesota was in July 2010 when Koivu signed his big contract. We'd missed the playoffs twice and had just traded Burns to San Jose for Setoguchi, Coyle and a 1st. Fletcher was obviously hitting the reset button and Koivu knew what he was getting into there. The team only really started making the playoffs again after Parise and Suter signed in 2012.

Not saying Barkov will do the same or that Florida doesn't have some obvious problems but the situations aren't dissimilar, right down to the timing of the new GM hire.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MN will have a ton of cap space starting next year. They offer Boldy, Rossi, and Dumba.

I don't know if Zito is good or lucky, but FLA has made some nice moves this off season, and have a good coach. I think they'll be fine, and Having Lundell come along in a year or so might be just the sort of help that will lift Barkov's spirits.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Well if Zito has a plan in place to compete the next two years which looks likely right now, still have $11.6 mil in cap space to re-sign Weegar and bring back Dadonov or other forward/2C. We have some decent prospects on the way and have flooded the team with Finnish players.

He's the Captain in a smaller market, will be given the 8th year option and can continue to enjoy the SoFla lifestyle.
Not saying its 100% he re-signs in FLA but I'd say it's probably gonna be one of 3-4 teams that lock him up

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
MN will have a ton of cap space starting next year. They offer Boldy, Rossi, and Dumba.

I don't know if Zito is good or lucky, but FLA has made some nice moves this off season, and have a good coach. I think they'll be fine, and Having Lundell come along in a year or so might be just the sort of help that will lift Barkov's spirits.
Yeah and FLA would turn that down, You'd need to remember that Barkov's value is every bit as high as Jack Eichels both have similar value Barkov is just a year older then Eichel with similar numbers and who cares if Barkov only has 2 years left on his deal what ever team acquires him will have plenty of time to lock him up to a new deal.

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
Barkov has incredible value. It's up there with MacKinnon, draisaitl and Mathews.
It would be some stupid gross overpayment.

Like... Bouchard + Nugent Hopkins + Halloway + 1st + 2nd

Reactions: Anantika

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
I’d trade my house, my two dogs and wife for Barkov on the Rangers, but he’s probably worth more.

Reactions: 7thRoundPick

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
You sure?
I doubt they would need a 2C of that caliber when Rantanen is already helping them lots without them having a 2C

Not sure if I read your post right but the Avs do have a 2C in Kadri. That said, no way the Panthers accept Rants for Barkov. Barkov is quite a bit better IMO. Rants is great and his chemistry with MacK is unquestionable but there is no way he has the same value as Barkov especially when taking into consideration the contracts.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Not sure if I read your post right but the Avs do have a 2C in Kadri. That said, no way the Panthers accept Rants for Barkov. Barkov is quite a bit better IMO. Rants is great and his chemistry with MacK is unquestionable but there is no way he has the same value as Barkov especially when taking into consideration the contracts.
True, I'm a bit tired and typed some nonsense when I thought I sided with Barkov being a better player than Rantanen, not the other way around.
Kadri is a fine 2C but I'm pretty sure Barkov would make that team better than Rantanen would.
Which is why Rantanen for Barkov straight up might not be the way to go, maybe for either side.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ledge And Dairy

Barkov will walk to FA in 2 seasons unless Florida really gets its act together.

Nearly all teams will be lining up to take a run at Barkov and honestly think the Rangers will push the hardest.
Really curious on how you plan to pay big raises to him, Zibanejad, Kakko, Fox, and Kravtsov that summer with nearly zero money coming off the books.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad