Value of: Gauging Barkov's trade price

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah and Kakko and Fox getting big money then, And Laf getting big money the year after. A lot of that so called $40m will be eaten up by those 3 players alone not even including giving $10 mil+ to Barkov.

Not to mention FLA can take advantage of the 8th year option.

FLA - 8 x $13 mil = $104 million
Not saying FLA wants to go that high but they can and will if need be.
Our owner does well in finance.

Other teams - 7 x $14.857 million = $104 million

Reactions: bernmeister

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Probably get laughed at, but for fun

Byram+Newhook+Compher+Cole(cap)+2021 1st+2022 1st

for

Barkov+Weeger

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Burakovsky
Nichuskin-Barkov-Rantanen
Saad-Kadri-Donskoi

Reactions: King 88

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
True, I'm a bit tired and typed some nonsense when I thought I sided with Barkov being a better player than Rantanen, not the other way around.
Kadri is a fine 2C but I'm pretty sure Barkov would make that team better than Rantanen would.
Which is why Rantanen for Barkov straight up might not be the way to go, maybe for either side.

It depends how much you value the upgrade of Kadri to Barkov (which is massive) vs the downgrade of losing Rants off MacK's wing (also massive). One for one, the Rants for Barkov very heavily favors the Avs but I feel like they would only make this move if they had a second deal in place to deal Kadri for a winger for MacK.

That said, if the Panthers offer Barkov for Rants, the Avs probably take it then worry about offloading Kadri for a winger after.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Executives starting rumors by suggesting a top UFA could potentially not sign and test the market? personally, I think it's sick that they are even allowed to speculate publically. how is it not tampering? trying to poison the well perhaps?

are there rules against clubs doing this type of thing, even conditioned on anonymity?

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Probably get laughed at, but for fun

Byram+Newhook+Compher+Cole(cap)+2021 1st+2022 1st

for

Barkov+Weeger

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Burakovsky
Nichuskin-Barkov-Rantanen
Saad-Kadri-Donskoi

Saves the Avs a trip to the next two drafts essentially lol.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
reading the link there is no signal that Barkov wants to leave and instead just implies if he was not planning to stay, he should be traded. Not rocket science at all.

The point of this board is to speculate but just be careful in understanding it’s just speculation. If I’m Florida I’m keeping him in order to try to re sign.

If traded I anticipate a re build so I’m expecting a king’s ransom in recently drafted top prospects

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Discounting the play-in this year, they have only had 2 playoff appearances in 20 years.

But Barkov and Huberdeau doesnt play here 20 Years it will be tehre 8 and 9th Season, not Twenty. So that argument doesnt have any Value. Also is the sentence, since Florida had some better Player and better Coaches, they reached the Playoffs and getting concistent better. So the Franchise is current better then it was back in the 2010 rebuild Draft.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If you have a player like Barkov you don't trade him and you keep him but if Florida know that they can't resign him and they want to trade him my offer as Habs fan would be a white sheet saying: Say me what you want and I will give it to you

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Flames offer Monahan with pluses. Monahan will be shit on by HF because clueless fans, but he is a #1 center (not elite, but still a #1 center) and I don't see any other team offering up their #1 center who is the same age.

I can't see Florida letting him go though, they'll offer him Eichel money in 2 years.

Not saying they would (lack of need), but Oilers would probably beat Monahan with plusses (depending on what those were). Oil could offer Nuge (69 points as 2C last year, 61 in 65 this year where half was as LW with Drai and some Selke votes)... and we'd add any two prospects (Bouch, Broberg, etc) or a prospect and a 1st.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Not to mention FLA can take advantage of the 8th year option.

FLA - 8 x $13 mil = $104 million
Not saying FLA wants to go that high but they can and will if need be.
Our owner does well in finance.

Other teams - 7 x $14.857 million = $104 million
Yup he needs to stay with the Panthers. Love watching that guy play when he's playing Tampa in Tampa. Barkov is my favorite non Red Wings non Lightning player.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
If you have a player like Barkov you don't trade him and you keep him but if Florida know that they can't resign him and they want to trade him my offer as Habs fan would be a white sheet saying: Say me what you want and I will give it to you
We want 5 of your cups ;)

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Not saying they would (lack of need), but Oilers would probably beat Monahan with plusses (depending on what those were). Oil could offer Nuge (69 points as 2C last year, 61 in 65 this year where half was as LW with Drai and some Selke votes)... and we'd add any two prospects (Bouch, Broberg, etc) or a prospect and a 1st.
RNH has 1 year left to UFA whereas Monahan has 3. That in it of itself is huge as Huberdeau has 3 before he can test the market as well, so there’s a match there. Also, the Oilers just signed Turris as their 3rd line center, I don’t see why Holland would sell the farm just to add another center when he has more pressing needs.

I suspect a trade for Barkov will be a lateral move at center that’ll also improve Florida’s depth everywhere else as Florida really can’t go full rebuild with Huberdeau, Ekblad and Bobrovsky in their primes.

Reactions: Fig and bucks_oil

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

If I'm a Flames fan, I'm probably looking at Monahan + Gaudreau + Ryan for Barkov, cap balancing and perhaps some solid futures options tossed into the mix.

Conceptually, Flames take one or two steps back in their contention, but bolsters the talent pipeline to help extend their contention window for several seasons. Florida immediately competes as seemingly is the mandate Panthers wants to follow. If JG expresses he wants to walk, they can easily refill their prospect pool by moving JG as a rental after one season (though I'd assume he'd be open to extend). Same with Monahan in 2 (although Monahan would also probably extend).

This isn't a "Oilers are interested, let's go out bid them" situation. Treliving would be evaluating the long term outlook and planning for long term contention and if he thinks Monahan and Gaudreau aren't part of that core that can win it all, he's looking at lateral move options with other teams who are potentially thinking something similar.

Coincidentally, the article says that players with 2 seasons left are at their most valuable...

Flames do not need to move JG. But his dad is raelly high risk for Covid. I could see him open to a deal that moves him closer to home that makes sense for the Flames in the same vein as Hamonic. Moving JG AND Mony is highly unlikely, but if they did need to be moved, it seems like the Panthers are a team worth chatting with to see if there's a fit.

Reactions: bucks_oil

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yesterday The Athletic published an article that was used as a reference by MTV, a news outlet here in Finland, also yesterday.
The Athletic link
The MTV link

The Finnish article stated the following about a nameless GM's thoughts;
''Players are always the most valuable 2 years before they enter free agency. If I had Barkov and I didn't believe that he would renew his contract, I would want to get rid of him. He would be worth a formidable amount when he would have 2 years left on his contract.''

He has 2 years left on his contract.

1. Is Barkov rumored to not renew his contract?
2. What would the appropriate trade price be if a potential suitor would entertain getting him on board?
The logic makes sense in that now his value is the highest. He is eligible to sign a new deal at the start of the 21-22 nhl season whether that is July 1 or a later date per an update agreed to by the nhl and PA if the season is pushed into July.

Would Barkov extend when he is eligible? Maybe. He has given the Panthers 7 seasons so far with 1 playoff appearance and 1 other play in appearance. Both losses to the Isles.

Him extending may depend on how they perform this season year 8 for him. He would hit ufa at 27 so would be very sought after if he makes it there.

So if the Goal is to convince him to sign then they need to ice a good roster and perform well this upcoming season. Which of course is going to be impacted by Covid-19.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
With Trouba, Panarin, Kakko, Laf, and Fox?
Salary cap turned off?

We are not obliged to keep Trouba all 6 remaining yrs.
He enjoys full control now is my understanding, but in coupla yrs he has to submit list, and can be traded to half or so of the league.

So give or take a yr he can be moved to recover space, and it is reasonable to postulate he may go even sooner if it ensures it is a place of his preference.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
He'd be worth a ton.

I wouldn't trade for him tho, if Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are still as good as they were in the playoffs, we won't have to gut our team for a center.

But yeah, for most teams, he's worth a war treasure.

If either Kotkaniemi or Suzuki doesn't do the job, I'd start with Danault (to give Florida a very good center), and a first, as the basis.
++ would have to be discussed. Probably an A Prospect (Caufield, Norlinder, Romanov... Someone with that kind of pedigree) and picks. Something like this. Would open to discussions.

What would Florida look for, in a Barkov Trade? What are their needs?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We are not obliged to keep Trouba all 6 remaining yrs.
He enjoys full control now is my understanding, but in coupla yrs he has to submit list, and can be traded to half or so of the league.

So give or take a yr he can be moved to recover space, and it is reasonable to postulate he may go even sooner if it ensures it is a place of his preference.

Trouba should be named Captain. :)

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Just use the Bruins model for trading young superstars. Get back one 2nd lime caliber player and some low ceiling low floor assets and take the L almost immediately

I’ll give you an example

Zboril
Senyshyn
Coyle
Kuraly

what could go wrong with that banger of a return

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad